Feedback from Anton Volkov

Anton

All right, so I spent some time on this server and first I was impressed with the functions (the menu, the jobs and stuff) but it went downhill pretty fast. Taxi job is pretty much fucked here. The job doesn't give you NPC missions and players never ever call a cab. But why would they? You can get a car for 500$ , fill up the gas tank for free, modify it for free. I'm not even sure what is the purpose of this server actually , but it's not a realistic RP server, that's for sure. Most players I met behaved unrealistic, shot or beat up each other for no reason without any RP , the police behaved like 12 years old pricks , driving trough the park like a maniac , killing at least 2 players , leaving behind 3 other dead without even asking what happened. Haven't ever see a medic.

Tl;dr : You better off looking for another server if you like RP and you take it seriously

Edited by Muroko
typo

Thanks for the feedback.

I'm willing to take a guess that you haven't read the initial release thread pinned at the top of the forums, so I'll take a second to explain some things to you. We're essentially a brand new server. We've only been public for a little over a month, and we're still very much in the process of tweaking mechanics and building the community.

The taxi job - sure I can definitely understand why that can be frustrating. It's something we'll look at in the future, as I agree that a player should probably not be able to buy a car within minutes of joining the server. Modifications will not be free forever, although I don't see how that contributes to your taxi dilemma.

Since I'm also willing to guess that you haven't read our server rules, you probably don't know that this is not a hardcore RP server, and we aren't trying to be one. However, RDM is obviously against the rules, so if you have proof of this, we'd definitely like to see a report.

As far as our police - you'll have to forgive me if I don't believe you on this one. They regularly receive compliments from new players about their professionalism (our police are whitelisted and all go through an interview process), and you better believe we'd be receiving several complaints if they were actually doing the things you claim they did. That said, again, I'd like to see you make a report if you have proof, as we definitely would not tolerate a whitelisted officer acting in such a way.

Medics - We do have quite a few of them, but you need to realize that our server is limited to 30 people. We can't guarantee there will always be one available. The same is true for police, and any other role.

I'm sorry your experience on Badlands hasn't been stellar, but I'm sure if you stick around and get to know some of our awesome players, you'll change your mind.

• Like 1

@muroko

I have been in this server a couple of weeks, and I do see the things you mention. Its inevitable that with the fast growth of players these things happen. At the same time, it is so exciting to see how much the community is growing, and all the opportunities that brings.

I absolutely love this server, and I have complete confidence that with all the implementations that are being made/planned, this will only get better. For me, its just a matter of patience, keep working on my character and meeting people, which later I decide who I keep in my friendslist and who I just decide to ignore. 

• Thanks 2

Speed hit the nail on the head in his reply. I just want to further touch on a few things. We are in an early release state and the entire team is working hard to bring the best possible experience to everyone who joins the community. Part of improving the experience comes from our direct experiences but a larger part is the feedback from players in each niche of the server.

EMS and Taxi are in the same position in terms of having a very linear game pattern. You pick someone up and drop them off or you go and revive someone and that's all. We need to test the functionality in this early release state before we add layers! If I start making pancakes and really screw up the batter than whats the point of trying to cook it? As we see the way players use different tools/activities/jobs on the server we take notes to see what can be fixed/improved. Over time we can add depth to each class and really expand on the purpose, tools and mechanics of each experience.

1) Personally I don't drive a taxi so I am not sure what the expected experience is. I know you send out a massive amount of tweets for rides and I even tried taking you up on that offer the other day but you never showed up. You may have been busy or didn't see my requests but that's ok! Sometimes as players we get so caught up in whats going on around us and maybe that's what happened. What are your direct suggestions for taxi that could help you have a better experience and help you provide a cooler experience for others? In your mind what is something cool we can add for that specific job? You have a unique opportunity to directly shape and contribute your ideas to the development of your favorite job/activity! Specific player feedback is invaluable to us.

2) Many things are subject to change ie paying for gas, paying for vehicle customization, vehicle pricing, vehicle handling, jobs, rules etc. Everything right now is fluid and we are working hard every day to move things along for all of you. The entire team working on this project also hold down full time jobs and try to squeeze a few hours of sleep in each day.

3) I have personally spent hours just watching our current cops and believe they are doing a solid job. The incidents you are describing don't fit with what I have seen so far and it definitely would have been resolved if I did observe any of that behavior. The cops who have been white listed thus far all understand the importance of their role in this community. They have done a good job of fulfilling that role in addition to providing a good representation of our server to the players they interact with. Is it possible that someone in a stolen police vehicle committed the behavior you described? Either way if you bring evidence to me of this type of behavior from a white listed officer it will be handled with urgency.

4) My final note is about your post in general. You seem upset and I can't tell if it is just from what is in your post or if there are other things that happened to put you in an off mood. We are an extremely open community and welcome all kinds of feedback. I just hate to see a post like this where you appear frustrated about your experience. I am available at any time via the forums or even private message to answer your questions and concerns. With that said it could also be your expectation of the server compared to an experience you want. this isn't a hardcore RP server and it is intended to be that way. Maybe your frustration stems from that expectation and it is completely understood. We won't be able to cater to every single player and in the end this is a game. We want you to have a great time away from the real world. The reality is that our server won't be able to cater to every audience so sometimes a player may need to go elsewhere for the desired experience.

You seem like a nice guy from when I saw you in game while throwing fists with a fat guy in front of the job center. I'd hate to see you leave but I completely understand if you are craving a more serious experience. I hope you choose to stay with us and contribute feedback so we can improve for the sake of current and future members of this awesome growing community. ^_^

Sneaky

• Like 3

Yeah, i must admit i overreacted, probably because i met way too many immature players during the day, got shot 3-4 times for no reason. But then i remembered that one guy who called a cab , even though he had a car , and told me that the city needs us and that is why he called.

It would also make sense that the police officers in question were indeed pretending to be police, since they never got out of the car, i cant tell if they even had a uniform on. There were 3 people gunned down and at least another 3 besides me when the incident happened. The guys in the police car sounded very young, around 12-15 i would say. Whatever.

I will stick around, take my medication and keep cruising the streets for a fare.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1