Drift Tampa..

I've recently re-purchased the drift tampa.  

Unfortunatly the car's engine has kind of been ruined. it lacks the power of doing Drag-races  / Drifting. its top speed is +- 110 miles an hour.  Thinking this is a Drag/Drift car.  even if you look at the wheels etc you know its supposed to be alot faster.

Any chances on making the car have somewhat more power so its actually driftable like it used to be a while ago ?  it used to be amazing on a drag run + drifting with it but it just doesnt have power now.

Same sort of issue with the Coil Raiden ( Tesla model S ) only reaches 114 miles an hour. while this car is suppsosed to beat supercars..  114 is Way to slow for a car like that.

• Like 1

We've been over this Justin like 100 times on the forums so I'll say it one last time. We as a development team (me particularly) don't have to time to visit each of GTA's 300+ vehicles to try and tweak them one by one so they're all identical to their real life counterparts. I understand the Coil Raiden is supposed to be a Tesla Model S but it's a sports car according to GTA and because it's a sports car it's top speed won't compete with supercars in Badlands because of it's price. Sports cars in badlands are supposed to be a tier below supercars in price and performance (for the most part). 

Also the top speeds that have been put in place for a lot of the vehicles (up to this last DLC) were made months ago by someone other than myself so if a vehicle has a serious issue with it's performance and it needs tweaking (such as the drift tampa) I will take a look but do keep in mind we can't and won't boost certain vehicles beyond their class limitations. Boosting it's power to give it the ability to drift means that will most certainly increase it's top speed and acceleration since vehicles' handling attributes in GTA aren't as simple as "top speed, acceleration" etc. You have to tweak multiple values which can be quite a balancing act. I will take another look but I can't guarantee any change is going to come from it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Muroko said:

according to this reasearch, in gta online the top speed is 114 mph for the Drift Tampa

But this isnt GTA online, i personally feel like the drift tampa should be more in line with the coquette or comet retro in terms of top speed, not the yosemite. I get that your vehicle choice should be a reflection of your character and not on the vehicles performance but if your char wants a cool looking muscle car with performance that matches its appearance then the drift tampa seems to be a wasted opportunity of an otherwise cool car.  

Edited by Richie Jackson
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BrandonM said:

I was referring to the non-supers. Super Cars were added separately from the rest of the cars.  The Drift Tampa is not a super car.

If you check the link anton posted, all the top speeds correlate.

Incorrect. Almost every car that I've owned goes slightly faster than the GTA O, and I'm talking about flat ground speeds not downhill.

• Like 1