LSMC and LSPD Communication Lacking

Oasis

Something that this server's EMS and Police are lacking is communication! I hate when I have an accident with a player (E.I. They are a criminal and they need revive) the Police typically don't come to my scene (Mostly because of other calls). I just think that there should be a special code word that you put in as extra detail when calling the Police so the Police will come to your call first. Nothing is more annoying than having a criminal that just respawns and isn't hand cuffed so you can revive him/her. Also, we need to have some communication in store robberies. I don't know when to move into the robbery scene if someone is in need of a revive at the scene because I don't want to be shot. With past experiences, I think that the Police AND EMS should have a Discord voice channel together. It would help the communication between EMS and Police tremendously.

Thank you for reading,

-Jessica Niop (Oasis) 

• Like 1

In my opinions EMS should be impartial to crimes in progress unless it involves them (ex. threatened, robbed...). Players should feel safe to call EMS without cops waiting to arrest them. 

Once you get a set of SOP you will know more how to act/respond, but I do not recommend EMS to roll up to robberies/crimes in progress. Cops can see medic locations and will call you in when its safe/if needed.

As for when you call the police, they are not ignoring your call, they are just that busy. There is a constant stream of dispatches and 911 reports coming in to the police and some keep them busy and calls fall through.

That said, things are being looked at for balancing and improvement.

• Like 1

Thank you for the fast reply, I do understand everything you said. Thank you for making my understanding of this situation better! Amazing that you are already looking for improvement with the communication aspect of EMS and Police.

Ems is a neutral role. Your job is to save lives first and foremost. If PD are on scene then youll have to follow their command at the time. The only time you shoukd be calling/waiting on police is if the scene is not secure and you cant perform your duties. This doesnt guarantee a police response. - brevity due to being on mobile

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Oasis said:

I think that the Police AND EMS should have a Discord voice channel together. It would help the communication between EMS and Police tremendously.

This was tried there is waaaaay to much chatter in the ch and we cant perform are investigation while hearing EMS comms too. We have a ch If you need assistance you can jump to the ch LISTEN first and ask you assistance to your call mind you we cant come to every call that you may ask for with that being said if you feel your scene cant be secured then you just have to back away i.e. example Grove st. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Oasis said:

think that the Police AND EMS should have a Discord voice channel together. It would help the communication between EMS and Police tremendously

I don't think this is a good idea,  I mean, if PD and EMS are in the same channel, and at the time of communicating like EMS to EMS it would disturb the PD, or when PD is in a pursuit they would disturb the EMS personnel. And if they have a channel, they wont have time to Alt + Tab to change channels if they are RPing. they should just call EMS or PD though /dispatch seeing as in Real Life when you call 911 you are answered by a person and they call PD / EMS, they share dispatch services.

1 hour ago, Mark | Owning said:

and at the time of communicating like EMS to EMS it would disturb the PD

I see where you are coming from. That is why we need badge numbers! (I believe Marvin Giormani [Przbear] already touched on this]) In the discord server if one EMS wanted to talk to another they would say "Medic -Number Here- to Medic -Number Here- direct" then, the second medic could either say "send traffic" or "hang on a second".

• Like 1