[Request] Legal cannabis jobs

Since Los Santos is based on LA why aren't there any avenues for legal cannabis jobs in the city? In real life LA cannabis is 100% legalized and there are licensed growers and dispensaries.

My idea would be to add cannabis licenses to the department of licensing so people could legally grow and posses cannabis. This ideally would also allow license holders to also wholesale their cannabis at the several dispensaries already in Los Santos. For balance the license could be in the range of 200k and wholesaling would obviously yield less money per unit of cannabis than street dealing (which should remain illegal). Also, if license holders are found illegally selling their cannabis to locals they should lose their cannabis license and fine them or whatever you think is balanced.

I don't know. Would not ever like to see legal cannabis work but what I personally would love to see is the ability to purchase a license similar to that of a Green card. Weed in Badlands has great healing capabilities but of course is illegal. Now what I figure is, if you have the ability to purchase a Green card, you'd be informed that you may legally only carry a certain amount (Let's say 10 joints of any variety) and you could purchase joints from Smoke on the Water in Vespucci for a inflated price ($250 per joint?)

As much as I would agree with many of the comments here, I think there are also many people that just like the rush of selling cannabis illegally. The Idea of the possibility of being caught and all that- That being said, LS is also known for the amount of crime and Illegal activity going on, so if you take those things out of it and make meth and Cannabis legal jobs. It also makes some crime bosses lose money and business and the whole adventure of it- but that is just my opinion. 

• Like 1

On 4/13/2018 at 12:04 PM, Richie Ticky said:

The biggest mistake is people like to compare LS laws to LA/california. While LS is based on LA its not the same and neither are the laws.  

There are literally like 5 cannabis shops in LS. I got arrested for selling weed in front of a shop called "White Widow" with a giant pot leaf on it. I tried to RP with a officer claiming I was a legal representative of the dispensary and I still got fined and my shit taken. This server already utilizes many in game assets to create fun and interesting role play opportunity why not utilize the in game shops? In GTA single player for example you can buy a property called "Smoke on the water", a pot shop, as Franklin. There's even a fully textured van that has pot leaves all over it. It could be a job vehicle like the taxi or tow truck.

I would 100% agree with you on what you said IF there were not actual shops in game obviously selling weed.

6 minutes ago, stonerguy420 said:

I got arrested for selling weed in front of a shop called "White Widow" with a giant pot leaf on it. I tried to RP with a officer claiming I was a legal representative of the dispensary and I still got fined and my shit taken.

Weed is still illegal.

6 minutes ago, stonerguy420 said:

I would 100% agree with you on what you said IF there were not actual shops in game obviously selling weed.

It's not easy to remove entire buildings.

Silly new to the server question.. Do weed growers get informed on like the meth cookers do?  Or is there a lot less chance of getting caught doing weed seeing you don't need a certain vehicle that I was told by officers that just driving said vehicle is probably cause to pull me over and search.. Just kind of curious.