ID Numbers above players heads

Mingo

Not sure if this is something plausible or not, but would it be possible that maybe once you added someone to your phonebook directory instead of seeing players numbers you see their names over their heads? A lot of players look alike lol and it would help poor old colorblind players like me pick out friends from other people.

-Mingo

@Mingo Im sorry to hear that things have been a little difficult for you. Im not sure I like the idea of adding name tags again because the change to numbers has really helped the RP flow on the server. On a scale of 1 (annoying) to 10 (unplayable)  where do you think this problem falls for you in terms of not being able to identify people? I can't promise any changes for you right now but I will try and talk with serpico to see if we can find a solution. This would be a little delayed but ill put it on my list.

3 minutes ago, SneakyAzShiite said:

Im not sure I like the idea of adding name tags again because the change to numbers has really helped the RP flow on the server.

I don't think showing the name you put into the phonebook over the player's head would hurt. At that point, you know the person well enough to get their phone number, so you almost certainly know their name. People you haven't met would still show as numbers, obviously.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, speed said:

I don't think showing the name you put into the phonebook over the player's head would hurt. At that point, you know the person well enough to get their phone number, so you almost certainly know their name. People you haven't met would still show as numbers, obviously.

Maybe if it can be an option for people to toggle? I like to rely on the looks of people i run into now that names are gone. The numbers can easily be ignored but a name stands out a little bit. Not a huge drawback if it makes things easier for colorblind players. Id rather take a personal inconvenience so that they arent frustrated when playing.

2 hours ago, speed said:

I like this idea.

• 8 months later...