Illegal/legal jobs

FYI: Not a complaint, Just a rant / giving my opinion on what improvements could be made. Either way still love the server and will continue to play on it. 

Most players before November / December 2017(don’t know the exact time) were able to make their money a lot easier which is why if you were to compare the salaries between the players then and now , you’d see that the people now have to spend a lot more time grinding which can be fairly tedious. As an RP server, grinding shouldn’t be the main aspect, as obviously people want to buy nice cars to show off or to just enjoy themselves.

I personally think the life of a criminal such as getting involved in the drug business should be a lot more rewarding for the risks that you have to take. 

Below is a comparison of a legal and illegal job.

Trucking job -

Pros:

Great hourly pay, dominates any other job legal/illegal ( rumours of up to 60k an hour )

It’s legal 

Cons:

120k initial investment (quite fair for the salary)

sometimes have to drive back 2-3 miles to the nearest trucking company.

Potential improvements:

Make trucking job from one company to another and lower the pay as you would have 0 down time between runs

Meth -

Pros: 

Only pro here IN MY OPINION is that you get thrill of being on the criminal side and always on the look out to not be caught.

Cons:

2 hours for 30k profit. (Going solo) (10 minutes picking , 33 minutes cooking, 1 hour + selling due to having to constantly relocate and hide from police, travel time to climb the mountain and relocate methlab in a hidden location.

Can be found by illegal informer. 

65k meth lab can be seized if found cooking.

16000 fines, if lucky to get caught below the seizable amount  (losing 50% profits).

Tedious and time consuming for low income.

I’m hoping you will take this into account and see if you can find a balance between the times then and now. 

I’m not the only one with similar opinions.

Hope to hear back from you soon.

Borat Sagdiyev.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

The economy is slowly evolving and everything has to be implemented slowly but surely to avoid things like the scuba fiasco. I do agree that the criminal side could do with a boost, maybe with a more structuared criminal "faction" could lead to this, a boost in criminal RP and financial reward.

One thing I've noticed with changes to jobs, everyone does the one that pays the most, right now its peaches, used to be scuba and before that a bit of a mix of gold/weed. I'd be in favour of making the jobs all pay very similar (they already kind of do but a bit hit n miss with peaches and meth i think) so people can just choose the job that suits their style of RP/character.

• Like 1

@FatalXepho Forgive the sarcasm but not this topic again cause all really had to do was search this kind of topic and Boooom!, you would find plenty and could have saved your rant.

Your trucking job amounts 60k yeah untrue fact more like half that.

Drugs according to sources are being looked into and a boost is on the horizon.  Yes drugs before were different really only change is the selling part. The money can be made just taking a bit longer to get it but again it's up to your character on what you want to do. 

As @Gambino said the economy is evolving and things take time to find that right spot but I believe it's not going to make everyone happy there will always be one that will want more.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Bob Johnson said:

No one is making $60k/hr doing trucking. If you get loads in a desirable manner, you can make $30k/hr.

Would just like to say from personal experience and I’m not gonna be rude but for me on a average i got about 63k from trucking every hour and this isn’t luck either, I did get some terrible jobs. But I think the main point being put across is illegal jobs are not worth doing at the moment, it’s more time consuming, more money to set up and less money per hour than trucking, meth and weed are for me not worth it, even then if you get caught doing these acts you get a heavy fine and maybe a impound of your truck if you have a large amount.

(Just a suggestion and to be taken lightly) 

4 hours ago, Bilo Sagdiyev said:

Would just like to say from personal experience and I’m not gonna be rude but for me on a average i got about 63k from trucking every hour and this isn’t luck either, I did get some terrible jobs. But I think the main point being put across is illegal jobs are not worth doing at the moment, it’s more time consuming, more money to set up and less money per hour than trucking, meth and weed are for me not worth it, even then if you get caught doing these acts you get a heavy fine and maybe a impound of your truck if you have a large amount.

(Just a suggestion and to be taken lightly) 

I stand behind my comment.

I agree with OP .if you nerf illegal jobs . You will have less people doing them. Therefore ,less people for LSPD to interact with. If I was playing as LSPD I certainly wouldn't want to be always tied up in menial stuff like speeding or parking infractions. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Where do you guys get this numbers from? Do you teleport you truck or something? Do you mow through traffic like a crazy man? HOW!? I wanna make that much per hour too.. 

The best I got trucking was around 30k per hour, dealing meth was 35k in 1hr and 30mins(before the 3-4 baggies change).

Now, I do agree with the point that illegal jobs should make better profit per hour than a legal job, or at least the same, but at the end of the day they are completely different and made for different playstyles.

5 hours ago, FatalXepho said:

I mean if you follow the path that the trucking job gives you, then yeah maybe you are only making 30k. Best way is to enter the nearest freeway straightway, no red lights and 75 top speed.

When I'm really grinding, I don't stop for red and hammer down. Almost every job the GPS gives you the most direct route. No one is making $60k per hour trucking. And I won't believe them unless they show some kind of proof.

11 hours ago, Bob Johnson said:

He's fibbing.

Me and FatalXepho have agreed that we are not even going to respond anymore if you are just going to berate and say that we are "lying" this is meant to be a suggestion but turned out to be a kind of a Fuck you, your lying im not even going to listen type of thread now. Thanks for the some what constructive advice and some useful ideas that could of been used.

-Goodbye.

6 minutes ago, Bilo Sagdiyev said:

Me and FatalXepho have agreed that we are not even going to respond anymore if you are just going to berate and say that we are "lying" this is meant to be a suggestion but turned out to be a kind of a Fuck you, your lying im not even going to listen type of thread now. Thanks for the some what constructive advice and some useful ideas that could of been used.

-Goodbye.

The amounts you can make on jobs are known to the admins/creators of the jobs. You are telling us you make twice that. Everyone else agrees that the $30k range is max per hour based on experience. Like I said, show us proof and then I will take it back and congratulate you.

And I did not berate anyone. Not even close.

30 minutes ago, Bilo Sagdiyev said:

-Goodbye.

Well, first of all, you can't just spit out numbers regarding a certain thing without giving an insight or a proof, especially regarding jobs that anyone can do, and did, you will get shit about it from people that don't believe you, or people that wanna know how to do it themselves. Besides, the guys that build this place know what gets you what, and by now definitely know that people would like a better pay for illegal jobs.

Second of all, this whole thread is useless, this problem has been talked about on many other threads, a simple search would've saved you the trouble, and maybe that's why people got more interest in the 60k per hour thing too. 

Now, how about you guys keep the conversation going and slap us on the face with some proof regarding the numbers you talked about? I am really curious. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Mr. J said:

Now, how about you guys keep the conversation going and slap us on the face with some proof regarding the numbers you talked about? I am really curious. 

I'll give you the evidence once i feel like it. It's not my desire to rub it in your face. As i said in my first post "RUMOUR". We did say we're ending this post because it won't get anywhere. People have their own opinions and then they are entitled to it. The proof will soon enough come when i have some spare time and feel like doing it. It's done for now until i post any statistics that have been tested.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, FatalXepho said:

I'll give you the evidence once i feel like it. It's not my desire to rub it in your face. As i said in my first post "RUMOUR". We did say we're ending this post because it won't get anywhere. People have their own opinions and then they are entitled to it. The proof will soon enough come when i have some spare time and feel like doing it. It's done for now until i post any statistics that have been tested.

Of course, take your time, we all have shit to do.. That's the reason I am mainly curious tho', I don't have much free time myself so knowing how to make that amount of money would help a lot. 

MONEY FOR JOBS AND ILLEGAL JOBS 

IDEA

before the last update  diving and peach farming would be the best for money   drugs have always been pointless due to the high risk  and the time taken to make the money   meth and weed make no money back at all  profit is pointless when it comes to it  jail time and fines are to high for the chances  of getting caught  now with the new updated  i know the money for peaches was lowered a little but still worth wile  diving  the randomise pick up is awful  now, i get gold ingot and boots all day long  and they are now not worth wile  and with drugs being raised a little  but still no where near worth it  

so my question is    

could money for all jobs be reviewed again 

diving you could even add cocaine finds  like a boat has sank with cocaine  init  so you could add that to the random pick ups  OR to put back to how diving was before with a few tweaks

Meth to ether be upt to where it is worth wile for a 4 man team to work on 2 hours to cook 400  to then sell and then to make 78k give or take  has no money init for a 4 man team

• Like 1

i run a gang/ mafia style crew on the server and we are peach farmers  it just doesn't look right  we want to be able to rp but  being a hard man at a peach farm is just silly   to play a bad guy it coast a lot  simple as that   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NNEZZIE said:

i run a gang/ mafia style crew on the server and we are peach farmers  it just doesn't look right  we want to be able to rp but  being a hard man at a peach farm is just silly   to play a bad guy it coast a lot  simple as that   

Trucking 30-45k Hour

Peaches 14k with best vehicle

Weed 20-30k

Meth 30k -35k

Scuba  60k

If you're a gang/mafia you need to know the correct money outcome. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Devs fight a balance with economy and I understand that. Raise weed slightly to much and then it turns into scuba 2.0 where you cant find anyone cause they are all doing weed now. There has to be a way to keep drug dealers happy that isn't based on strictly a monetary raise. RP based pay raises such as designing an aptitude system have been talked about before and would solve a lot of these economic issues with drugs themselves. You don't want every dealer to make tons of money and we get that but you want to the people who are dedicated to become great weed dealers to feel like they are being compensated for the work they put in. Weed system of growing as current is 10 secs per step (6 if you press button as fast as prompt comes up but the movements lag and you pay for it on the back end) and 10-12 bud. Making the system as simple as Apt 2 being 9 secs and 11-13 buds, Apt 3 being 8 secs and 12-14 buds, etc. Then you could play around with balancing the actual number of harvests before raising up your aptitude. This would compensate the growers and raise their RP value having other players seek out the premier grower.  Same system could be used for all aspects of drugs, Farming Apt-Growing of the weed, Cooking Apt-Making of the meth, Salesman Apt-Hand to hands. Now I understand this system would take time to set up and time to tweak out til it hits that economic sweet spot but it would grow the world of drugs. A system like this would also help in cases like myself where I have a hard to believing the current RP structure of weed where the grower/processor is also the dealer. I as a guy who likes to do hands to hands I could master my craft and then through RP partner with growers. And yes currently I can go find someone who just wants to grow but financially it isn't feasible.

Now as for robberies. Every argument as to why robberies shouldn't get paid more all start with the basic premise of "Robberies are for RP". Copping is for RP , and EMS is for RP, and Trucking is for RP, etc so to tell someone that wants to be a robber in the city their RP is any less valuable than yours is something that I don't understand. Anyone that does there job well should be compensated accordingly, why should robbers be any different. Any thief worth a damn knows that in a store robbery you never go for the safe. You have about 60 secs to hit the register and get out before cops arrive. So this system already puts into account that robber is A) desperate or B)novice or C)stupid. If there could be an option to just take from register where it paid out anywhere from $20-$500 for 45-75 secs of your time then this would add a bit more realism to gas station robberies.  So in gas station robberies you would now have the roles of stickup man and desperate robber taken care of. Only other thing to add would be an official bank robbery but i know you guys are working on that so I wont go into it.

40 minutes ago, r3v0Lt55 said:

so to tell someone that wants to be a robber in the city their RP is any less valuable than yours is something that I don't understand. Anyone that does there job well should be compensated accordingly, why should robbers be any different.

The problem here is that we can't magically adjust payment to reward good RP. A robber who spends 30 minutes negotiating with the police will make the same amount as the person who spends the day chain robbing stores and shooting his way out of every scenario, and that's unfair to the people who actually put the effort in to RP. We don't want to encourage chain robbing as a way to make money, which is why payments are as low as they are. Robberies are either done by people who really want to RP, or people who really need quick money.

We're thinking of ways to improve the system so that we can award more money, but that takes time.

As for drugs, obviously some changes still need to be made. The aptitude suggestion is a good idea and I think it's something we can do pretty easily, it's just a matter of not upsetting the balance too much. 

• Like 3

Thanks for the honest answer. I understand that balancing an economy in a game is more complex than A+B=C  but appreciate the continuing attention in which the dev team is trying to giving to the issue. As someone who has been in the city since October of 2017 I can attest that you guys are continuing to change and try new things in this aspect to try and balance this out. Just wanted a more logical argument than "drug prices are bad fix them" to be heard.

• Like 3