Police GPS

r3v0Lt55

Wanted to start a discussion and see what others felt about this subject. So incident happened earlier when I kidnapped a cop to act as my hostage in a robbery. Everything was planned out well and RP'd out well by the officer that I took. I allow the cop to say his distress word over the radio after having him drop his keys and weapons belt.  I proceed to drive from mission to Mirror Park gas station where at this time police have no description of me or my vehicle.  Once at the store I have the officer lay down on the ground where I then proceed to zip tie his hands and feet together so that he cannot move. He complies. I then take out my gas can and proceed to soak the officer in gasoline and make a trail that leads into the back room. And here is where the issue comes in. Before I'm able to try and crack the safe in the office I notice police lights bouncing off the walls. How does this officer know where to go base on RP? GPS being placed in officers vehicles that cost 30k a piece is understandable to me but does each officer where a GPS watch or have a GPS chip implanted in them? Do I need to strip them of all there clothes and then while they are naked take a scalpel and cut open all of there old scars until i find the GPS chip. I had the officers radio and was gonna let him engage with radio communication again to further add to the RP of the scenario but was robbed this chance because of someone that looked for a blue dot. Once the officers arrived at the scene though they RP'd it out well to save the life of their fellow officer (I put a lit cigarette in his mouth to act as a fuse ?).

From my experience I have just accepted that cops know where eachother are at all times and act accordingly... The mindset seems to be win win win, over RP quality sometimes, A button/switch to turn off the blue marker would greatly help kidnapping scenarios.

I completely understand . Ill throw in my 2 cents here. Alot of ppl who take cops hostage either dont know about the police gps or dont bother to rp remove it . Allowing the officer to only say one word on the radio or nothing at all , make it hard for the other cops to know what kind or rp happened between the cop hostage and hostage taker . So it becomes a awkward guessing game on the police end . What i would like to see would be a game mechanic and animation that would allow a person to take it off the officer and make it dot disapear or at the very least give other officers a notification that a officers gps has been disable. Would remove alot of the accusations and doubts. As a higher rank in the police force i tend to keep track of what everyone is doing and where they are. If i see a blue dot that hasint been moving for a bit ill send a cruiser to check it out cause most of the time its either his discord broke his mic crapped out or hes afk and forgot to tell us over comms . 

Edited by Dars
  • Like 1

This should be an IA report not open for public discussion... our policy is clear.  If you are an officer and you are kidnapped then the other officers cannot use your dot on the map to find you.  With that said there are lots of ways that you can trigger 911's from locals so don't automatically jump to conclusions.  This is why we ask you to record and report so all details can be gathered.

• TiLLeR locked this topic