Traffic Rules

Victor

This is small suggestion to everyone in the Los Santos to perhaps try to follow more traffic rules to create safer and perhaps more immersive feel to the city. Far too often I see citizens drive 100mph+ though all red lights and completely disconnect themselves from locals who drive amongst them. I understand this is light RP server, but seeing these traffic violations constantly reminds me of GTA Online. In my eyes it gives new arrivals impression that it is OK to do that. I myself often thought that why do I bother when none else seem to. The only police force that can stop you from breaking the traffic laws is our "citizen" police but they are far few in this massive city, so I would ask you to take into RP consideration that just because there are few "citizen" police, it does not mean city has next to none police force.

We all have broken some traffic rules. Sometimes intentionally, sometimes by accident but I ask you guys to at least try not to do it all the time if possible. Citizen overwhelming lack of care for traffic rules in my opinion is most dissapointing aspect of Badlands county.

Thank you

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Victor said:

This is small suggestion to everyone in the Los Santos to perhaps try to follow more traffic rules to create safer and perhaps more immersive feel to the city. Far too often I see citizens drive 100mph+ though all red lights and completely disconnect themselves from locals who drive amongst them. I understand this is light RP server, but seeing these traffic violations constantly reminds me of GTA Online. In my eyes it gives new arrivals impression that it is OK to do that. I myself often thought that why do I bother when none else seem to. The only police force that can stop you from breaking the traffic laws is our "citizen" police but they are far few in this massive city, so I would ask you to take into RP consideration that just because there are few "citizen" police, it does not mean city has next to none police force.

We all have broken some traffic rules. Sometimes intentionally, sometimes by accident but I ask you guys to at least try not to do it all the time if possible. Citizen overwhelming lack of care for traffic rules in my opinion is most dissapointing aspect of Badlands county.

Thank you

I agree to an extent. I would like to see a little better driving out there, though I don't expect perfect driving. The problem is the number of and length of the red lights in the city. Once you play for awhile, it gets very tiresome waiting on them. This is when most people just start ignoring them. I'm guilty myself.

And you are right, the mob mentality definitely has an affect. People are going to do what they see others doing.

Too many people see "GTA" and assume they should act like a thug. I feel like I'm the only person on the server who's character has never been to Boilingbroke, and plays a character who doesn't get his kicks from breaking the law. Even off-duty cops are selling drugs on the streets and kidnapping people in their spare time. It's a grossly unrealistic representation of any American population, and people don't realize they're allowed to not have a criminal record.

• Like 2

Yeah, you can sort of tell it's a European developer (or that some things were looked at purely from a game design perspective) when there's traffic control devices (like stop and yield signs) in inappropriate places and certain traffic lights are poorly positioned for first person driving. The road markings can be misleading as well, for example a turn only arrow in the road when forward is a perfectly acceptable option as well. And then some lanes on different roads do have the "forward or turn" arrows. The light sequencing is also frustrating. All directions of travel do not have to be stopped in order to permit pedestrian traffic to cross. Pedestrians cross with the flow of traffic. Left lanes, ordinarily, get to turn first before allowing the cross-traffic to flow freely. They don't go last and they don't go in some random order. And if both directions get to go at once at a light with a left turn indicator, the left turn indicator is extinguished which signals the driver it's OK to turn left as long as the way is clear. I don't know how many times I get caught by surprise when I see a green "forward" light and protected left turn green only to have to slam my brakes because the oncoming traffic has begun moving as well.

I get it, though. Its GTA, not a driving simulator. But if you're familiar with US driving laws and customs, transitioning to GTA driving is a frustrating and confusing experience if you try to carry that knowledge over.

Edited by Gasman

On 6/21/2018 at 9:37 AM, Storrent said:

Too many people see "GTA" and assume they should act like a thug. I feel like I'm the only person on the server who's character has never been to Boilingbroke, and plays a character who doesn't get his kicks from breaking the law. Even off-duty cops are selling drugs on the streets and kidnapping people in their spare time. It's a grossly unrealistic representation of any American population, and people don't realize they're allowed to not have a criminal record.

You aren’t the only person who plays a non-criminal character. I play one aswell. 

I believe part of the reason (aside from the many other reasons) people tend to drive at high speeds ignoring all traffic laws is because there isn’t really any sort of punishment for driving like that aside from when the police pull you over. The seatbelts that were implemented recently may help with that a bit, but maybe an update to them where they only work up to a certain speed, like if you crash at 100MPH you will more than likely die cause the seatbelt broke or something, or just from the impact. The traffic light though they are stupidly long so I understand why people ignore them a lot.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, James Johnson said:

Exactly. I do agree that us citizens shouldn't be pulling 110mph thru city streets on sports bikes.

And that's just it, We all are guilty of driving like maniacs most the time, we can't all spend 45 min driving lawfully from legion to Paleto. lol

but do it in un-populated areas, the closer you get to populated area's the better you should drive. 

• Like 3

• 3 years later...

I wanna revive this topic, and especially in terms of breaking the law around officers. Blasting past traffic stops or just blasting past cops with no regard to consequences. Now I feel like this is cop baiting in a way, but it might not be. Either way it's quite annoying to be a cop and have criminals not give a fuck about your presence on the road.

2 hours ago, Lion_Luke said:

I wanna revive this topic, and especially in terms of breaking the law around officers. Blasting past traffic stops or just blasting past cops with no regard to consequences. Now I feel like this is cop baiting in a way, but it might not be. Either way it's quite annoying to be a cop and have criminals not give a fuck about your presence on the road.

I think the bottom line is that we are playing GTA, as much as it is an RP server and other avenues are expected to be more immersive. Personally, I hate waiting at stop lights but will do it in a cops presence. I don't think it's cop baiting but often the last thing in someone's mind is to stop at a red light in an open world game like this.

• 1 year later...

New to the city, but just today had a short sweet RP with a cop about blowing through 2 red lights. It humbled me and made me rethink the stop lights. At the end of the contact he ended it perfectly by letting me know to stop and at least check up for safety before continuing, I think that's a perfect balance. At the end of the day I agree all around, it made me second guess, but I wouldn't play very long of I had to wait on every single light when trying to go from panning and to the refinery and whatnot.