Expand the RP Experience

So I just have one small thing I would think be extremely beneficial to add to the servers and easy to implement as well. A /me or /do command so that we don't have to rely on all of the emotes and adding an insane number of them to the list to cover every possible action that a player would like to do. It would be able to add a much more creative and imaginative experience to the RP by allowing people to portray they are doing simple actions. Yet these "actions" could be vastly beneficial to the immersion of the RP between players and certain scenarios. 

And as a note, I have heard from a few members of the server that it is a more vocal server but was disappointed that when pressing the issue, was told to go to another server if we didn't like the fact that the server didn't have the /me command. I do not know if that person was coming from a place of authority as an admin or such, but just wanted to say that although it may be portrayed as a more vocal server, adding this small command would vastly improve the experience for everyone while not degrading anyone else's RP.

• Like 4

The reason we haven't added this command yet is because we don't want people to rely too heavily on text-based RP. I do agree that it could be used as a tool to aid voice-based RP, there are just some concerns as well.

If the community wants it, it's something we'll obviously add. But I haven't seen too many people requesting it yet.

As for the person that told you to go to another server - Sorry about that. Definitely not something one of our staff would do, and I'm not sure why our community members would actively try to push away a new player either.

I like it for just giving some action to the roleplay for instance, with us EMS types it would be great to be able to do something like /me wraps so 'n so's bloody arm in a bandage. While I'm chatting to them and getting them up off the ground. I would like to see it as a filler, not to replace voice roleplay at all.

2 hours ago, Mingo said:

I like it for just giving some action to the roleplay for instance, with us EMS types it would be great to be able to do something like /me wraps so 'n so's bloody arm in a bandage. While I'm chatting to them and getting them up off the ground. I would like to see it as a filler, not to replace voice roleplay at all.

or the medic could just say "let me put a bandage on that arm" :D

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Muroko said:

or the medic could just say "let me put a bandage on that arm" :D

This is what i prefer.

Im really not a fan of typing for role play as i feel most things can be done in emote and voice. Last thing i want to see is everyone standing around typing crap out for role play. Especially since people are used to heavy text based rp, they wont want to make an adjustment to using voice if text is still an option.