Bluetooth in RP

ELSO

7 minutes ago, Ringo said:

1. You can't outsmart illegal informant (Personally did meth for weeks and have only had my RV's contents seized once)

2. Why bother?

3. My character kills cops -- cops OOC don't like that -- get treated poorly for every crime involving my character indefinitely

1- It is more than possible, won't tell you how, but it is. :)
2- Ok.
3. Could be considered disruptive if done over and over again, which is a bannable offence.

Disruptive Behavior

• Any behavior that is deemed disruptive by the staff may result in a kick, or ban from the server. Disruptive behavior is defined as any behavior that negatively impacts the gameplay experience of other players. Examples include VOIP spam, horn spam, police baiting, and excessive out of character discussion.
  • Breaking character to threaten another player with a  player report or admin action.
  • Players observed spamming or otherwise inappropriately using chat will receive one warning prior to a kick or temporary ban.
  • Players observed spamming service calls (911, towing, taxi, etc) may receive a kick or temporary ban.
  • Players observed abusing job mechanics for the sake of being disruptive will receive a temporary ban.

Why am I even arguing now? :') 

Edited by Livia Cullins

6 minutes ago, Livia Cullins said:

1- It is more than possible, won't tell you how, but it is. :)
2- Ok.
3. Could be considered disruptive if done over and over again, which is a bannable offence.

Disruptive Behavior

• Any behavior that is deemed disruptive by the staff may result in a kick, or ban from the server. Disruptive behavior is defined as any behavior that negatively impacts the gameplay experience of other players. Examples include VOIP spam, horn spam, police baiting, and excessive out of character discussion.
  • Breaking character to threaten another player with a  player report or admin action.
  • Players observed spamming or otherwise inappropriately using chat will receive one warning prior to a kick or temporary ban.
  • Players observed spamming service calls (911, towing, taxi, etc) may receive a kick or temporary ban.
  • Players observed abusing job mechanics for the sake of being disruptive will receive a temporary ban.

Why am I even arguing now? :') 

It doesn't mention shooting cops to avoid being ticketed in that Disruptive Behavior section.

Though my gameplay experience is negatively impacted by cops refusing to hear my RP and max fining me. That's for sure.

Edited by Ringo

8 minutes ago, Livia Cullins said:

1- Be smarter doing illegal jobs (personally did meth for weeks and only got busted once.
2- Yes, try requesting, if its denied, then its denied. Thats how it is and you can't be mad for it.

3- Don't kill cops please, I mean do it if thats how your character is, but accept the consequences. You're removing a defenser of the law from the streets when they are down, waiting for a medical expert to come, a lot of things can happens and maybe you condamned somebody else in the city asking for cops and this one couldn't answer because you were mad.

THEN AGAIN, do what you want, but accept the consequences. And report if anything was wrong.

Edit was for typos.

We're not upset when we kill a cop, we're doing it to evade fines. Take it how you like it, if it makes better sense to you that we're doing it simply to spite you go for it, but that's not the case for us.

I don't ride down the streets, see a cop, and then decide "Oy fuck that guy let's knock his head in."  (Though that's p/ close to changing) because I have had some good experiences even though they are few and very far between.

2 minutes ago, Ringo said:

It doesn't mention shooting cops to avoid being ticketed in that Disruptive Behavior section.

Though my gameplay experience is negatively impacted by cops refusing to hear my RP and max fining me. That's for sure.

"Disruptive behavior is defined as any behavior that negatively impacts the gameplay experience of other players."

By killing cops again and again, you make their gameplay unenjoyable. You make the city lacking officers too. I remember that day we got stuck with gunfights from those individuals that just love to pull guns whenever they get caught, when we had kidnapping calls, robberies and more, but we got stuck here, down for 10 minutes, can't do nothing since we're down and the only EMS is busy with all other calls from people being knocked down because cops couldn't answer.

Do you even understand this?

3 minutes ago, Livia Cullins said:

"Disruptive behavior is defined as any behavior that negatively impacts the gameplay experience of other players."

By killing cops again and again, you make their gameplay unenjoyable. You make the city lacking officers too. I remember that day we got stuck with gunfights from those individuals that just love to pull guns whenever they get caught, when we had kidnapping calls, robberies and more, but we got stuck here, down for 10 minutes, can't do nothing since we're down and the only EMS is busy with all other calls from people being knocked down because cops couldn't answer.

Okay I mean literally anything can be considered "Behavior that negatively impacts the gameplay experience of other players"

What if someone who hates red shirts is playing? Shall the admins ban anyone wearing a red shirt?

Killing cops is allowable in the game. So is being fined for commiting a crime. It's unenjoyable to lose money. In theory you'd be bannable for issuing a ticket for a crime. I think it's unreasonable to assume following the gameplay mechanics risks a ban.

Edited by Ringo
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Livia Cullins said:

Why are we faulted because there aren't enough officers on duty? How are we to know the officers we're killing are the only ones available? All we see when you pull up is a fat ticket if we get caught, nothing else. Logically we run, if we cant run we shoot.

16 minutes ago, Ringo said:

Does it matter if someone is OOC angry at cops? Why should that affect your IC processing. I don't think it should. 

1. You can't outsmart illegal informant (Personally did meth for weeks and have only had my RV's contents seized once)

2. Why bother?

3. My character kills cops -- cops OOC don't like that -- get treated poorly for every crime involving my character indefinitely

''Does it matter if someone is OOC angry at cops?'' -- What kind of a question is that? If I feel that someone is verbally abusing me ooc, why should I let that slide? Why should anyone? I've been lucky in that I have only had it happen once where a man has verbally abused me for being cop and being female, and it was dealt with right away since the admin was literally right next to me also on duty. Its not even a question of if you're a cop or not. If you like you're being verbally abused, submit a player report. 

1 minute ago, ValkyrieBlu said:

''Does it matter if someone is OOC angry at cops?'' -- What kind of a question is that? If I feel that someone is verbally abusing me ooc, why should I let that slide? Why should anyone? I've been lucky in that I have only had it happen once where a man has verbally abused me for being cop and being female, and it was dealt with right away since the admin was literally right next to me also on duty. Its not even a question of if you're a cop or not. If you like you're being verbally abused, submit a player report. 

I worded it poorly. What I mean is your opinion of the player OOC shouldn't affect your IC processing. IMO.

Just now, Ringo said:

I worded it poorly. What I mean is your opinion of the player OOC shouldn't affect your IC processing. IMO.

Perhaps I also worded it poorly. When someone is verbally abusing a cop its sometimes hard to tell if its OOC and IC that they hate cops. If I feel like it isn't in role play and that they are verbally abusing me, I have the right to throw the book at them because they are not role playing.

7 minutes ago, ValkyrieBlu said:

Perhaps I also worded it poorly. When someone is verbally abusing a cop its sometimes hard to tell if its OOC and IC that they hate cops. If I feel like it isn't in role play and that they are verbally abusing me, I have the right to throw the book at them because they are not role playing.

I misunderstood then -- That is a fair point. If someone is being mean to you (I.e Verbal abuse) or breaking a rule then I think it's fair play. However if someone does something you disagree with (i.e. regularly shoots cops to avoid tickets. Wearing red shirts. Being female. Said something you didn't like that you overheard. ETC) then that should not affect your IC processing IMO.

I too struggle with the whole OOC IC thing -- I've had cops say things to me that I couldn't tell if it was OOC or IC anger. A cop once told me to fall down some stairs lol.

Edited by Ringo

Giving a cop good RP doesn't mean trying to argue out of your situation.  I've had so many people just turn around and blast me instead of RP'ing with me or just run in general.  When if they would have just had a conversation with me they would haven't have even been in any trouble.  OR they decide to call their friends to "bail them out" of a simple ticket or processing.

I personally, always knock down something (and I explain that) just for complying and choosing roleplay over gunplay.  If you get caught just face the fact you got caught.  When you say you're at the cop's mercy.  Well, yeah you are.  We don't HAVE to knock anything down. Ever.  Yes it is encouraged to promote good RP and I do that.  But you shouldn't just automatically assume that someone is going to start knocking down charges left and right.  You shouldn't look at it as "max fines".  The fines you have coming are the standard and anything else is a reduction.  

A lot of times, I'll deny a lawyer because everything leading up to that point was disruptive.  Most time (not all times), the people that request a lawyer we've been chasing for an hour, we finally got them because we caught them and they're being salty because they got caught.  So, they are trying to continue to be disruptive by extending the encounter as long as possible.  Meanwhile, we have calls running up in the city and you're taking an officer off the street for situations that could have been (at times) hours ago RP'd out.  

Some people think we're just out to win and bust as many people as possible.  That's not the case for me.  Some of the most enjoyment I've gotten from being a police officer is just simple traffic stops.  Where people's RP has shined as them playing a trucker or whatever character.  I enjoy interacting with the community - not playing shoot 'em up cops and robbers.  I think too many people try to RP themselves which in turn leads to them taking things personally and getting salty about it.

At the end of the day: 1.) I RP a cop you RP a criminal.  By nature, we're going to clash.  Trust me when I say this: there are a lot of times situations don't go my way.  A LOT.  But as a criminal be prepared for them not to go your way.  And when they don't, don't get salty because someone isn't AUTOMATICALLY cutting you a break. 2.) Back to the OP, I wish we made it mandatory that all out game communication should/would be heard in game, at least from the perspective of it would be heard IRL.  3.) Calling your buddies up via those outside methods is power gaming at its finest and I don't think we should tolerate it.

My number one rule is don't be a dick.  If people do that for me and remain in character, I'll cut them A LOT of slack.

• Like 5

1. Thanks for ruining my topic. It was about Bluetooth and you decided to cry in it about some bullshit and have an argument that is totally not related to the topic. If there is any people on forum that could split the answers into two different topics that would be great. 

2. I don't have anything against the cops on badlands. They do fine job and I don't care if the fines are reduced or not because I play for fun, however I always try to negotiate with officers and sometimes they reduce jail time or fines for good scenario. 

4 minutes ago, Chase McCane 28642// Flu said:

At the end of the day: 1.) I RP a cop you RP a criminal.  By nature, we're going to clash.  Trust me when I say this: there are a lot of times situations don't go my way.  A LOT.  But as a criminal be prepared for them not to go your way.  And when they don't, don't get salty because someone isn't AUTOMATICALLY cutting you a break.

Not every cop acts that way and so unless we know for a fact which cop will be processing us it's usually in our best interest to try and evade the situation. Additionally we're not salty when we get caught with a triple homicide max fine, we're salty when that triple homicide from 2 days ago makes the cop not like us & give us a max fine speeding ticket despite giving good RP.

Just now, Ringo said:

Not every cop acts that way and so unless we know for a fact which cop will be processing us it's usually in our best interest to try and evade the situation. Additionally we're not salty when we get caught with a triple homicide max fine, we're salty when that triple homicide from 2 days ago makes the cop not like us & give us a max fine speeding ticket despite giving good RP.

And I'd assume you have proof that these officers are holding grudges? Because if you do, please file an IA report and let Sr Staff deal with it. Or are you just assuming that they're holding grudges? 

Whenever you do a crime you KNOW there are penalties that could potential come your way. If you aren't willing to pay your fines (whether maxed or not) and do your time, maybe you shouldn't do crime period.....

• Like 2

On 7/19/2018 at 3:56 AM, ELSO said:

Hi. 

I just wanted to ask what exactly bluetooth is in role play and what are your opinions about it.

1. IRL bluetooth works only in short distances, which means the guys already kind of broke the rules because they used OOC information to help their mate. Bluetooth wouldn't work in such a long distance because they didn't follow us and just appeard out of nowhere. 

2. They said that his mate told them our position on bluetooth, however it is so unfair because irl you would hear somebody talking. My friend was right next to the hostage so he would see if he opens his mouth or something. I know that you can't hear people talking through phones either, however when using a phone, you can actually see that he is using it. Then in that situation we can just kill him straight away because he didn't listen to our orders. 

Bluetooth is discord.

1. People use discord pretty much for everything and it would be unreasonable and very difficult to punish someone for using it in certain situations when they aren't able.

2. A lot of IRL stuff doesn't work or isn't in this mod. I think it unreasonable to expect someone to talk in-game for every discord conversation because a lot of discord is OOC stuff.

My opinion on bluetooth is that it is very hard to eliminate, very hard to regulate and extremely predictable. If you're holding someone up they likely have backup on the way. Just play around that. Some people may not like the idea of playing around it. My opinion is that I disagree with them. We could have radios like the cops or an animation for talking.

8 minutes ago, AtomicGinger said:

And I'd assume you have proof that these officers are holding grudges? Because if you do, please file an IA report and let Sr Staff deal with it. Or are you just assuming that they're holding grudges? 

Whenever you do a crime you KNOW there are penalties that could potential come your way. If you aren't willing to pay your fines (whether maxed or not) and do your time, maybe you shouldn't do crime period.....

The argument of cant do time don't do crime falls flat when you consider the gameplay to be primarily criminal - cop roleplay IMO. Without criminals you'd only have some minor traffic violations and cop would be very dull.

When we do crime we know there are penalties. That's why we often fight the cops to avoid them. Just like criminals IRL. Gunplay is just as valid a form of roleplay. Without the gunplay on a meth bust it would be just us admitting to cooking meth, you guys seizing it, and then fining us. At least with shooting at you guys you get some fun radio chatter, maybe a chase & additional fines and potential RP when you catch us. It honestly just feels like cops hate losing more than they hate gunplay.

I don't run bodycam. I don't need video proof for myself. My 5 senses are my proof. They hold grudges. You can just assume it's all bullshit if you choose to, but it doesn't change my experience. As a result I will often avoid fines if at all possible.

Edited by Ringo

16 minutes ago, Chase McCane 28642// Flu said:

Giving a cop good RP doesn't mean trying to argue out of your situation.  I've had so many people just turn around and blast me instead of RP'ing with me or just run in general.  When if they would have just had a conversation with me they would haven't have even been in any trouble.  OR they decide to call their friends to "bail them out" of a simple ticket or processing.

I personally, always knock down something (and I explain that) just for complying and choosing roleplay over gunplay.  If you get caught just face the fact you got caught.  When you say you're at the cop's mercy.  Well, yeah you are.  We don't HAVE to knock anything down. Ever.  Yes it is encouraged to promote good RP and I do that.  But you shouldn't just automatically assume that someone is going to start knocking down charges left and right.  You shouldn't look at it as "max fines".  The fines you have coming are the standard and anything else is a reduction.  

A lot of times, I'll deny a lawyer because everything leading up to that point was disruptive.  Most time (not all times), the people that request a lawyer we've been chasing for an hour, we finally got them because we caught them and they're being salty because they got caught.  So, they are trying to continue to be disruptive by extending the encounter as long as possible.  Meanwhile, we have calls running up in the city and you're taking an officer off the street for situations that could have been (at times) hours ago RP'd out.  

Some people think we're just out to win and bust as many people as possible.  That's not the case for me.  Some of the most enjoyment I've gotten from being a police officer is just simple traffic stops.  Where people's RP has shined as them playing a trucker or whatever character.  I enjoy interacting with the community - not playing shoot 'em up cops and robbers.  I think too many people try to RP themselves which in turn leads to them taking things personally and getting salty about it.

At the end of the day: 1.) I RP a cop you RP a criminal.  By nature, we're going to clash.  Trust me when I say this: there are a lot of times situations don't go my way.  A LOT.  But as a criminal be prepared for them not to go your way.  And when they don't, don't get salty because someone isn't AUTOMATICALLY cutting you a break. 2.) Back to the OP, I wish we made it mandatory that all out game communication should/would be heard in game, at least from the perspective of it would be heard IRL.  3.) Calling your buddies up via those outside methods is power gaming at its finest and I don't think we should tolerate it.

My number one rule is don't be a dick.  If people do that for me and remain in character, I'll cut them A LOT of slack.

Thanks man! Great input! When they add pets back to the game maybe they'll add a parrot! It's the perfect pet for you!

It is easy to eliminate. The only communication device civilians should have is their phone. If they use OOC information from discord in character, they should get banned straight away. People can use discord and play at the same time but the information from it shouldn't be used in game. For example I am always on teamspeak with my friend and if I am getting jumped by somebody, I tell him that I am getting jumped but he is not doing anything to help me because I didnt tell him that in character. 

1 minute ago, ELSO said:

It is easy to eliminate. The only communication device civilians should have is their phone. If they use OOC information from discord in character, they should get banned straight away. People can use discord and play at the same time but the information from it shouldn't be used in game. For example I am always on teamspeak with my friend and if I am getting jumped by somebody, I tell him that I am getting jumped but he is not doing anything to help me because I didnt tell him that in character. 

This, IMO, would hurt the fun more than help it. I disagree with your idea.

1 minute ago, ELSO said:

It's impossible to prove unless you ask them and they say yes. If it's a bannable offense, they'll just say "no" and nothing can happen because the staff team can't look into your PC and see what's running. Unless you can hear their friends through their mic because they haven't heard of headphones, nothing will change.

• TiLLeR locked this topic