PD/EMS Reanimate Suggestions

Serena

I hesitated to post because I haven't had the time yet to go on duty and really feel the difference/changes of what was recently made. Where Cops are no longer able to Reanimate. To preface; I am not trying to insult, bash, or hate on this new change... Just state my position on it and come up with some possible solutions or suggestions on how to find a happy medium. I personally am not on board with the current state of this change, why?:

• EMS sometimes get overrun and ask PD to help since they can't get back to the other side of the city - can't do this any longer

• PD risk their lives and put themselves in the face of danger on a day-by-day, if not hour-by-hour basis while in this city (or any...), if we don't feel we have the proper medical care in case something bad happens... Why would we risk our life as we do?

• Not everyone plays fairly and don't always follow rules. I would really hope that maybe EMS only being able to reanimate would make civilians value their life more, but why does that mean PD need to be put into a position of risking everything just because no EMS are on duty? We should be able to help not just our fellow officers in a dire moment, but also other EMS should they forget a seatbelt, fall off Chilliad trying to get to a patient, or get blown to pieces by a speeding vehicle that hits them on the sidewalk.

• RDM/VDM will always still happen. Police are the ones on the street keeping the peace while the admins aren't around. We put them in prison so they give up and leave the city or potentially get the banhammer after we've uploaded our reports. But how can we do so if we're off actually trying to follow the rules and play the game as intended, by properly RP'ing the "going to the light" with a 15-minute memory lapse? Even if we negate the 15-minute memory problem, we still have to go clock back on, get more money to buy our stuff we just lost, and then try to find them once more to likely be met with the same outcome... This is an incredibly un-fun gameplay and use of time.

• We finally can catch that bad guy from before, he tried shooting again, we had the upper-hand and were able to take him down before he got us. But then he goes to the light. Now he's back out there.

I struggle with understanding the basis behind this change, I don't know what it is exactly trying to benefit... But, I do have some ideas for maybe a happy medium from the way it was before and the way it is now:

Allow PD to Reanimate other PD and EMS as before but cannot Reanimate Civilians whatsoever.

If a Cop Reanimates either EMS or PD (these are separate ideas/suggestions):

-Bring them up with lower health for RP reasons.

-Require some other tool needed by PD to Reanimate that is at a higher cost. 

-Have to take fellow PD/EMS to a hospital before can function (might require a new circle).

What do you guys think? I don't know if everyone agrees with me on this whole post, but I'd love to hear more suggestions on the current Reanimate interaction with PD.

Edited by Serena
  • Like 6

I personally liked the old system better. But these are reasonable suggestions; With that being said, I'd still prefer the old system. But if the dev team wants to follow through with something like this as a change to the revival system (Like it currently is.) The suggestions you made would be a viable solution to a lot of problems that i complained about before. Props for the ideas. Thanks for making a post about this.

• Like 2

I am for new system but I do see points Serena brings out and I feel like there are just too much variables atm to speculate as to what will happen now that PD cant revive. I feel like we need good trial time to see how it turns out.

Problem with old system I saw was that PD could do everyting, even revive. That was ONLY real thing that EMS can do. Thus often we saw 5-6 officers online and 0-1 EMS. Because if you are LSPD and LSFD... why would you clock on as EMS where pay is less and you might end up waiting in Legion for good hour before next call or because none of the 5-6 officers want to go EMS, you end up swarmed with million calls.

But like I said, I would wait and see and only compromise I would be OK with is that PD could place downed and bleeding officer/criminal into patrol car and take injured to hospital to revive option. Thus it would be not appealing as instant revive but at least it would make sense that downed officer could survive if his/her partner takes him/her to hospital asap if EMS not on.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Victor said:

I am for new system but I do see points Serena brings out and I feel like there are just too much variables atm to speculate as to what will happen now that PD cant revive. I feel like we need good trial time to see how it turns out.

Problem with old system I saw was that PD could do everyting, even revive. That was ONLY real thing that EMS can do. Thus often we saw 5-6 officers online and 0-1 EMS. Because if you are LSPD and LSFD... why would you clock on as EMS where pay is less and you might end up waiting in Legion for good hour before next call or because none of the 5-6 officers want to go EMS, you end up swarmed with million calls.

But like I said, I would wait and see and only compromise I would be OK with is that PD could place downed and bleeding officer/criminal into patrol car and take injured to hospital to revive option. Thus it would be not appealing as instant revive but at least it would make sense that downed officer could survive if his/her partner takes him/her to hospital asap if EMS not on.

I completely agree with what you're saying, but I personally don't feel the solution to EMS' problem should mean "nerf" PD. There are substantial reasons why PD should be able to Reanimate in general. In the real world, officers know emergency first aid... Why can't they in the city? Maybe there needs to be something to differentiate between the two when EMS and PD are Reanimating? Perhaps if picked up by a cop you are unable to get rid of the limp for 30 minutes? Maybe you can't go above 50% health for 30 as well? And an EMS can provide care good enough that allows Civs to get care immediately + health % is higher?

I just think that if the goal is to emphasize the role of EMS, it shouldn't be at the cost of another faction. I believe people enjoy PD more because of how many interactions we can have and how many more things we can do. And I am not saying that Reanimating is one of those things. I'm talking about RP scenarios and social communication with other officers, just our role as an entirety. It sounds to me like maybe EMS needs some more things to give them more interactions? Therefore people will be more interested in participating in this other faction just as much/more than they do currently. A suggestion I thought of before was somehow using the hospital for more interactive RP/mechanics, as a start.

• Like 1

In real world as civilian I have substantial knowledge of first aid and rescure. But this is game and somethings need to be balanced. Othwise I would use your real life comment to push agenda on why cant civilians revive civilians.

I do not think removal of revival from PD was just to "nerf" faction or boost LSFD faction. Change have way more variables and effects on game for us to see yet, but like I said we need to give more time to see how it all turns out.

• Like 4

I think a happy half way point for me would be if police could load a downed person into their cruiser and drive them to a hospital point where they could be revived by the hospital staff.   This option could also put them in a hospital bed for an allotted time (say 60-120 seconds) before they are released.

I'd happy to look in to the plausibility of this one @Serpico

• Like 7

17 hours ago, Brendan Thomson said:

I think a happy half way point for me would be if police could load a downed person into their cruiser and drive them to a hospital point where they could be revived by the hospital staff.   This option could also put them in a hospital bed for an allotted time (say 60-120 seconds) before they are released.

I'd happy to look in to the plausibility of this one @Serpico

Have to work on the transport and police command aspect but heres a proof of concept

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 7/29/2018 at 6:51 AM, Dars said:

just for feedback sakes/ 12:30 am on a saturday wen ems logged off server 1 the officers did the same. 0 ems 0 cops  while server 2 has 2 ems and 6 cops

Sad to see that happening. We all just need to accept our roles and do it as best as we can. Can't remember how many times i was on EMT duty without any police to back me up. How many lives would have been lost if i would refuse to go on duty, because there was no police to protect me while i'm not allowed to protect myself? but that is what i signed up for, not to worry about myself, but to worry about others. 

Edited by Anton
clarification
  • Like 5