Mechanic - Tow Trucks

DanielBos

Due to the recent update on tow trucks. I have noticed that there are times that 3-4 trucks are in service with no pick ups or no people at mechanics shops. other than peak times I have found it only one or the other.

separating the two jobs and maybe linking them in some way would fix this issue and stop people from having to drive to 3-4 garages without seeing anyone manning the shop.

• Like 2

It'd be nice if you could see if someone was 'clocked in' to a shop. Maybe 'active' shop changes color.
Though I agree the amount of people sitting on Two Truck and not doing anything is frustrating.

If you want 6 two truckers/mechanics. Fine. But you should at least all be working and not just driving up the price.

• Like 2

My topic might be misplaced since probably works better in this section, as it's feedback. So leaving the link here

so people can check it, but please continue the discussion on this post.  Since Feedback is a better category for it.

Also there is another post about trucks that got closed so all centers on this one.

So regarding my post.
I mention the issue with people clocked in but not working or even informing they are in. Which makes prices crazy if you want to use a shop and makes you look all over to see if you find any of the clocked in doing their job.
The other one is the base price some use, that might get out of hand if it's not regulated.

As for XxZzDARIOUSzZxX post.
I don't think F1 is the way to go, a voice channel where mechanics need to be in while on duty might be better and split the work with RP. Either taking the calls in turns, or by who is closer. After all the better service citizens have the better.  So far I had to give up on some tows because no one came even mechanics were around, while in other cases it was a good job and RP.

Why not separate the jobs of Tow Trucking and Mechanic? I noticed that many people clock in as tow truckers to only stay at the garages waiting for cars to show up. Maybe if we have 2 different jobs, the people clocking in as tow truckers can only do that, and bring cars to garages (with or no mechanics actually there) but there has to be some kind of incentive for tow truckers... they are more necessary than mechanics IMO.

Edited by Flori
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Flori said:

Why not separate the jobs of Tow Trucking and Mechanic? I noticed that many people clock in as tow truckers to only stay at the garages waiting for cars to show up. Maybe if we have 2 different jobs, the people clocking in as tow truckers can only do that, and bring cars to garages (with or no mechanics actually there) but there has to be some kind of incentive to tow truckers... they are more necessary than mechanics IMO.

This though ^^^... Don't know how this would be but it would be cool if this could be a business? As in 2 jobs for the business. You can clock in as either tow or mechanic (would be limited per business) and a pay business option so the money is paid in to the business instead of to the person doing the job as in an invoice. Just a suggestion!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Flori said:

but there has to be some kind of incentive for tow truckers... they are more necessary than mechanics IMO.

I agree with you but right now I think there kinda messed up from what I hear they cant tow local cars and its sketchy on civ cars so its like they dont even try when I tag for towing they just stay that the shop

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 8/26/2018 at 12:31 PM, Thorgs said:

I agree with you but right now I think there kinda messed up from what I hear they cant tow local cars and its sketchy on civ cars so its like they dont even try when I tag for towing they just stay that the shop

As someone that RPs a Mechanic/Tow Truck Operator, I will do one or the other, and that depends how many people are clocked in and working a shop with me. IF there is a 2nd clocked in, I normally will run a Tow truck.

But also yes there are a lot of bugs with Tow Trucks, like if a player is with in 10-15m of the truck when loading and unloading it, it can bug out the truck or the customers car causing it to have to be recovered. Sometimes if a car is upside down you can not pick it up, it is easier to just hit the car with the truck and flip it back over then road side repair it. Then also i have had cars stuck in a ditch that are not on level ground be unable to hook up, again making the customer have to recover the car.

Most of the time as a tow truck driver the only thing I tow is a car marked by  the cops to be impounded. Other then that I would rather just fix it on the side of the road and have the customer meet me at the nearest garage to fix it fully.

And as far as this conversation goes, I do agree. there should be a Car Mechanic and Car recovery/ road side repair as 2 different jobs.