'Laggy' Menus / UI

TiLLeR

Laggy Menus  

56 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I know that there are more than a handful of members who experience difficulty using the in game menu.  For me I'll pull the menu up but using my up and down arrows do not move the menu selector so I cannot perform actions.  I'd just like to do a quick survey of people who are experiencing this issue to see how big of a deal it is.  

This is just for the menu as I do not believe there are any issues with the cell phone.

Additional symptoms are in game alerts being slow to appear or staying on the screen for a long period of time as well as getting stuck in the vehicle garage menus.

• Thanks 2

Mine does this frequently. I haven't been able to find the reason why but it's super frustrating. It'll be very laggy and sometimes it corrects itself, sometimes not until the reset. I even lag when trying to type in Twitter and such. I press T and it takes like 5 seconds to open, then there will be a 5 second delay when typing.

Discord > Settings > Appearance > Hardware Acceleration - Turn it OFF

Helps a lot, but still have menu lags.

Also. I do experience it with absolutely all menus. The "M" phone, the cell phone (less often, but happens too), the ATM/bank, garages and Twitter/OOC. 

Edited by Alexia Kade
  • Like 1

This lag happens with me a lot, and it can be quite frustrating while on duty as LSPD. It can be hit or miss as well, as it would lag all throughout going through my phone to tag a car for tow. Then as soon as I tag it, the lag stops sometimes.

Seems to help sometimes if I alt+tab out and click a few things on my second monitor, but most of the time it remains the same. For what its worth, I have noticed it on another server as well.

I voted 'no' because I haven't experienced it, but it happened to me twice the past couple nights. Both times were very short-lived, and the problem seemed to correct itself after a moment. I want to say both occurrences were not too long after joining the server (within the first 15m) and it did not show up again for the duration of my playtime. I'm still pretty firm on my 'no' vote because it's a once-in-a-Blue-Moon kind of thing.

I experience lag/freezing on both phones,  notifications, garage pages, licensing center pages, and in-game menu's like shop menus, going on duty menus, etc.  Many months ago when we got that performance tweak patch that bumped everyone's FPS up, my phone never lagged and notifications worked perfectly.  When FiveM's March 15th patch came out that updated "CEF to M65 using the cef-mixer 309 patch set instead of the old custom ANGLE hack" that broke many things in the city like "Put In Car" and the ability to tow vehicles, the phone's performance went down hill over time.  At first my phone would lock up about once every 30 minutes.  Alt-tabbing out of the game and coming back in would always instantly fix it.  Now my phone locks up every 1-2 minutes and I have to Alt-tab in and out of the game multiple times to unfreeze it.

Phone lag is definitely a big issue on this sever but I believe the only people who are experiencing this are the ones who are using up all of there VRAM.  Hopefully something can be done server side to fix the phone lag but after troubleshooting on my end, I've found the problem is using too much VRAM.  I have 3gb of VRAM and I average 50FPS in-game.  Running the game on my current settings, GTA is using all 3gb of vram.  The phones work alright with some freezing or lag but it is tolerable  As soon as I start to use OBS Studio to record via replay buffer to my RAM, the phone starts locking up every 1-2 minutes because OBS uses VRAM too.  I don't experience any other performance issues, just the phones and UI freezing/lagging.  If I lower the GTA graphic settings to use less vram, the phone runs smoothly with little lag however this creates a separate personal problem of extreme game stutter that I have not been able to solve.

• 2 weeks later...

I upgraded my PC recently and have not had the laggy menu / UI since then. I don't know if I've just been lucky, or if the upgrade has something to do with it. Had the new PC for about a week now and would usually experience the issue several times a week. Just thought I'd throw that out there, it may be purely coincidence.

• Like 1