Illegal weapons crafting with level system.

PaPaAden

In my opinion there should be a weapon crafting system that lets you start by crafting basic melee weapons and progress to guns by leveling up your "crafting/weapon crafting" from making more weapons from gathered materials. Maybe have a crafting area that is illegal and if you get caught there with materials is a felony. You can make it in depth by having to make gunpowder for ammo, trigger mechanism, grip, firing pin, barrel, ect. I don't really know but feel like it could be cool addition to the server. Also cops could be able to tell if it is a illegal weapon and also be good if people started selling the guns like a player based black market.

Feel free to leave your opinions bellow.

Edited by PaPaAden
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, George Cahill said:

okay, so what guns are we talking? Pistols? SMG's? AR's? IMO, I enjoy just the pistols, very rare for someone to be walking aorund with an AR if that is what you are trying to get at.

Back in the olden days of BL, you could get AP/Machine pistols, Micro SMGs and such. Pretty sure that'd be what would return if a system like this was implemented.

2 minutes ago, Storrent said:

Back in the olden days of BL, you could get AP/Machine pistols, Micro SMGs and such. Pretty sure that'd be what would return if a system like this was implemented.

if i had a say it would start as melee weapons to level you up to the point you could make small arms then once you make enough small arms to level up you make bigger guns and so on

i think that the system in place that only permits pistols is fine. Crafting different melee weapons would be interesting and i like the idea. possibly SMG's like the uzi, or some weak weapons E.G musket just for a laugh, double-barreled shotgun, maybe a pump shotgun. Anything stronger would ruin realism as you dont see people walking down the road with AR-15's in their car unless they're cops or maniacs(also if large weapons like AR's were added the amount of salt from people yelling "you didnt /me retrieves ar" would be annoying af). it would also ruin the balance that we currently have where if someone kills you in a gun fight (in most cases) its simply them being a better marksman but i think if this system changed that it wouldnt be that bad. if this system was added and things like uzis, muskets, some shotguns, were added they would be extremely hard to make, like multiple steps over a period of time that is purposefully set to take over an hour like you need to leave a part in a room so that whatever process can be down while you do other stuff in city (to avoid people mass-producing these weapons) and then if you get caught with one of those weapons it gets seized and theres like a 20k fine. 

Edited by Eric Smith (36624)

2 minutes ago, Eric Smith (36624) said:

i think that the system in place that only permits pistols is fine. Crafting different melee weapons would be interesting and i like the idea. possibly SMG's like the uzi, or some weak weapons E.G musket just for a laugh, double-barreled shotgun, maybe a pump shotgun. Anything stronger would ruin realism as you dont see people walking down the road with AR-15's in their car unless they're cops or maniacs. it would also ruin the balance that we currently have where if someone kills you in a gun fight (in most cases) its simply them being a better marksman. if this system was added and things like uzis, muskets, some shotguns, were added they would be extremely hard to make, like multiple steps over a period of time that is purposefully set to take over an hour like you need to leave a part in a room so that whatever process can be down while you do other stuff in city (to avoid people mass-producing these weapons) and then if you get caught with one of those weapons it gets seized and theres like a 20k fine. 

ya thats what i meant i would not like to see people with ak's on the street but to get shotguns and smgs make it verry high level teirs and you have to make diffrent parts of a gun to make a full gun and have a location where you do this and you have to get materials the same way you collect gold and other materials. there was a system like this on arma 3 altis life and it worked verry well for the server and I personally would love to see it in five m

• Like 1