What do you guys use for recording?

Danielle Wright

I've been using playsTV, however since they updated it, it no longer has the Push to Talk feature which I don't like. I am going to begin streaming soon, but I would like to record when not streaming and I need something that only records mic input with a push to talk button and also somehow if I can set it to only record in game sound (so like, no Discord).

Also, something fairly easy to setup cause I get confused easily... :P

What program do you guys use? I'm assuming OBS, but I don't know the features or how hard that is to setup. Thank you! ?

Yes. Sorta. So it depends on your setup. If you have different sources you can set it to record only the source you want.

I have a steel series headset and it has two outputs. A chat and game output. I out GTA V on chat cause I think it sounds better and anything I don't want coming through on the game output.

You may have to buy a audio card or see if something like virtual audio cable will work for what you want to do.

• Like 1

You can always go the virtual input/output routes. Pain in the ass to setup. I believe @speed uses this or did, and I know for sure @AtomicGinger does actively use this. Its great if you don't want a specific audio source to show up when recording.

I'd recommend OBS, or even Streamlabs OBS. I find Streamlabs OBS to be a lot more user friendly. Both can be used for Streaming & just recording if need be. 

• Like 1