Regarding Patch 3.6 ~ Feedback/Suggestion

Summer Asher

Since drugs now affect eye sight in the game, this is a concern for people who deal with seizures, like myself. I wasn't expecting weed to obscure my vision so much and with such vibrant colors, it could have sent me into an episode if it lasted longer or I continued to look, I'll never know.
Just saying I think it'd be really beneficial in patch notes for stuff that is kind of like this, to maybe add in a seizure warning. I wouldn't want it to happen to anyone.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Ren Yates said:

What about medicinal pills actually hurting you? What was the cause for this? Only way to get your health up is by visiting the hospital? 

Maybe more things for EMS to do, as it was lacking? I just mean the effects ARE kind of straining on the eyes and since grapes were changed so that people who are colorblind can see the grapes easier, maybe it's a thing that could be... Idk, noted somewhere?

I meant to add a note about the new visual effect but missed it due to multitasking while we were preparing the patch. As much as I would like to promise we’ll always catch things like this in the future, I can’t.

I am not experienced with visual disorders of any kind, hence issues like the grape markers. Things like this are not usually at the front of my mind while developing content, especially since this effect has been asked for for a year and I don’t recall ever seeing this concern mentioned.

As always, you take some inherent risk playing any video game if you have a photosensitive disorder. We’ll always do our best to mitigate it but again I can’t make promises.

6 hours ago, Ren Yates said:

What about medicinal pills actually hurting you? What was the cause for this? Only way to get your health up is by visiting the hospital? 

Much like real life, pain killers (especially opioids) carry a real risk of organ damage and addiction. In game, pills only damage you if you overdose, and you can take several of them before forming an addiction. If you don’t like that, as you said, the hospital is always open. Weed is another option for those that are willing to risk getting caught.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well I am very aware of the addiction of Opioids. However if the local stores are Selling Opioids or Pain killers then that would seem illegal to me as they are not a Licensed Pharmacy. These pill to my understanding should be like Tylenol or Ibuprofen. Now with a bunch of those taken will cause an overdose, but however I am noticing a trend of people only taking 2 pills and getting addicted.

Weed would be a good option, however not a Viable one as if we are working EMS or PD, this can not be allowed under city laws. Taking 2 pills from the store may not be viable either especially if you are trying to protect the citizens of the city and have to take some pills to continue to serve, but then hey, You are now addicted to over the counter Pills. 

Pills are described and treated as opioids. I chose not to remove them from regular markets for convenience for you guys. I can change that if you would like.

It’s quite literally impossible to get addicted from two pills from 0 addiction, however your total use is cumulative and at some point you will get addicted. Overdose is another story.

As mentioned above, your other option is a hospital visit.

• Like 1

On 11/27/2018 at 4:56 AM, speed said:

I meant to add a note about the new visual effect but missed it due to multitasking while we were preparing the patch. As much as I would like to promise we’ll always catch things like this in the future, I can’t.

I am not experienced with visual disorders of any kind, hence issues like the grape markers. Things like this are not usually at the front of my mind while developing content, especially since this effect has been asked for for a year and I don’t recall ever seeing this concern mentioned.

As always, you take some inherent risk playing any video game if you have a photosensitive disorder. We’ll always do our best to mitigate it but again I can’t make promises.

Much like real life, pain killers (especially opioids) carry a real risk of organ damage and addiction. In game, pills only damage you if you overdose, and you can take several of them before forming an addiction. If you don’t like that, as you said, the hospital is always open. Weed is another option for those that are willing to risk getting caught.

I completely 100% understand that. I just know weed doesn't do those kind of effects, that's definitely more LSD, so it threw me off. I'll be more hesitant, maybe have others test first in case.
I also understand that they are not on the top of your mind while developing content and coding, you have enough going on. I truly appreciate that it does cross your mind and "As much as I would like to promise we’ll always catch things like this in the future, I can’t." really does show you care. 
This wasn't directed towards me personally. I don't know who else suffers from seizures. 

As for pills, I got addicted by taking ONE. I'm not sure why, literally one, and hadn't taken one in a few days, been using the hospital.

ALL IN ALL, I am loving these changes. Last time I smoked a joint I just put sunglasses on and it helped, I'm thinking maybe once I see my optometrist things will be better.

I agree 100% with Summer about the affects that happen when you take certain drugs that give out "Visual" affect like LSD does, the rainbow colours, and like she said in the comment that it could of sent her into an episode and probably either should be a thing that can be toggled (Default being OFF) or disabled in all so it can't affect people who it can cause medical issues with.

But like Summer says she loves the changes, so do i, i love all the new changes and love all the work that has been done and keep up the amazing work!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Summer Trigger said:

As for pills, I got addicted by taking ONE. I'm not sure why, literally one, and hadn't taken one in a few days, been using the hospital.

Submit a bug report if you're able to reproduce with some kind of video proof, please. I'm unable to reproduce this at all.

On 11/27/2018 at 4:56 AM, speed said:

I've commented a bit already but I re-read this. I remember people asking for visual effects for weed, but the effects given are NOT REMOTELY similar to weed, this is more like a hallucinogenic or LSD, and since weed isn't addictive IMO it doesn't make much sense for such a serious effect that doesn't have a repercussion.
I'm curious to maybe if you can remove the effects from me, personally? I don't know if you can do that. I understand if you cannot. Last night I accidentally went to give a joint and ended up taking one, without my sunglasses near me or having had taken my meds yet. I was streaming and had to have my viewers tell me through Discord when the effects stopped. I'm going to keep several pairs near me in case I press the wrong button again.
Another idea, perhaps an activation on smoking it? Kinda like we have to approve to accept trades. Or, maybe be able to cancel the effect after lighting it? Again, just ideas, I know I take risks every day playing video games but if the risks can be taken care of for not only me, but others who suffer similar disorders, I feel it's worth a shot to try.
I appreciate everything you do and taking the time to respond back to me.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ren Yates said:

As of today, I was also able to do this. I only took 2 pills within the span of 3.5 hours in the city. One while I was on duty and I was addicted. I will submit a bug report and some clips. Unless you want the whole 3.5 hour clip, lol

I'm looking at your data now. You're getting addicted so quickly because you/EMS never completely cleared your addiction to pills, they only treated you enough to get you under the addiction threshold.

11 hours ago, Summer Trigger said:

I've commented a bit already but I re-read this. I remember people asking for visual effects for weed, but the effects given are NOT REMOTELY similar to weed, this is more like a hallucinogenic
I'm curious to maybe if you can remove the effects from me, personally? I don't know if you can do that. I understand if you cannot.

I'm aware it's not realistic. We're limited to the visual effects we have available in the base game.

The effect itself will not be changing - but I'll look into adding an option for players to be able to disable the visual effects of weed/alcohol.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, speed said:

I'm looking at your data now. You're getting addicted so quickly because you/EMS never completely cleared your addiction to pills, they only treated you enough to get you under the addiction threshold.

I'm aware it's not realistic. We're limited to the visual effects we have available in the base game.

The effect itself will not be changing - but I'll look into adding an option for players to be able to disable the visual effects of weed/alcohol.

I always assumed it'd just get hazy, kinda like being drunk, but more blurred vision and not so much... wobbly. I can see how people would enjoy the new effects, though.

Thank you for looking into it, that would help me immensely.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Summer Trigger said:

I always assumed it'd just get hazy, kinda like being drunk, but more blurred vision and not so much... wobbly. I can see how people would enjoy the new effects, though.

Ideally that would be the case. But again, we're limited to the visual effects we have available to us, and the drunk effect is already being used.