RPing Medical and Mental Health Issues

Penny Lane

I wonder if we can start a conversation here about how we all feel about people RPing serious medical and mental health issues (such as phobias, allergies and psychological problems) in the city?

I recognise its a valid part of character building for people and adds real depth for those keen on deeper role play... but I see it far too often being used as an excuse when caught doing something illegal and simply as a means to avoid being charged or otherwise processed smoothly. And thats not ok to me. How do you feel about this and is there any way we can provide LSPD and EMS with more support and information so that they can call this out when used in that way?

• Like 2

its not a way to excuse consequences... its about using it to avoid smooth interaction - like someone saying "oh i have a phobia of confined spaces" to avoid getting in a cop car. but they will happily get in their own car... 

Im talking specifically about those using it in a disrespectful and intentionally disruptive way, rather than it being a part of their character

I'm always down for respecting someone's role play, as long as they are still willing to except the consequences of the crimes committed and that they are doing it for the role play, not the avoidance. I've RP'd a few medical conditions, insanity cases, or whatever it may be. There's always a simple solution. Bolingbrook, is full of wonders and has the best facilities available for anything. I personally do not enjoy when its an attempt to avoid prison sentences, but I've also experienced good cases that involved medical, but the person still saw sentencing afterwards for there crimes. It was good RP, and respected it due to that person was not attempting to avoid prison.