[Suggestion] - Value of Life Amendment

Saja Kain

I don't see Suicide RP being defended, I see the defense in the opening of the rabbit hole, that is trying to limit "distasteful RP". <--- this is subjective and means different things to every single person. 

We go down that road, and all we will be able to do is nothing.......... Everybody finds something distasteful.

Me personal is 12 yr olds, players w/out headsets (so you can hear yourself in their viop), and players hanging around legion..... can we ban them too?

Simplest answer is, If you don't like it leave, nobody can force you into an RP scenario that you don't want to be a part of. Even if you are on duty, you can clock off. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I know i'm a little late to the discussion but I've seen the topic circling around and I figured i'd give my opinion. 

I completely understand suicide being very touchy - I've had friends & people close in my life lost to suicide. I also understand that it can lead to triggering some people into emotions that they look to evade by playing FiveM. But like Serena said, many other things in this game are gruesome - Murder, drugs & addiction, car accidents, kidnappings, etc. These are all things that could be considered "touchy subjects" for anyone that has been If we're basing the argument on suicideRP that i'ts a touchy subject for most people, then we aren't considering what else might be. 

I also get that this type of RP can be used to an individual's advantage when it comes to police charges, arrests, etc. This is where the line should be drawn. But when it comes down to serious RP by someone putting dedicated feelings into a character who feels that suicide is how they want to continue that character then I don't think we should limit that. ( I also agree that if they want to do such a thing, then the char. should no longer be used.)  In some cases EMS may be forced into the situation - potentially out of habit of hitting E, or by a bystander calling it in. I believe that EMS should be able to chose if they want to involve themselves, or if they want to walk away & leave it alone - however this is a discussion that should be made elsewhere.

Ultimately like stated above - I do believe it should be left to a vote so the community can decide. 

• Like 2

On 12/23/2018 at 10:03 PM, vDrop said:

I really don't understand the defense of suicide RP at all and comparing it to Murder & Kidnapping for a GTA RP. 

Either do I.  Honestly I just want the right to ignore it on EMS/PD and I'll be fine.  On Civ I can walk away from it. I am not here to ruin other people's fun but I don't want to be involved in THAT.
Just not something I want to mess around with.. I've lost family/friends from horrible situations.

On 12/24/2018 at 8:47 AM, Merr Khan said:

Simplest answer is, If you don't like it leave, nobody can force you into an RP scenario that you don't want to be a part of. Even if you are on duty, you can clock off. 

EMS are not allowed to ignore 911 calls.  And people call 911 if they notice someone down. Sometimes the downed "suicider" even presses his LifeAlert button.