Thread for new ideas for Criminal Activity

Penny Lane

From talking to other people I feel a lot need to change to liven things up.

For instance, change the location of the Illegal areas and keep them off the map. make it so that as a civ you have to say buy the location (maybe through a business or a civ informant, like the meth informant) so that you can use the coke lab/ weed processor. and for the cops they have to do a little investigation to locate and shut down the locations. once they are shut down they get new locations. (this would be more work for the devs, but would promote more player interactions to find/share/or even sale these locations to other players)

Some people have also expressed that Mechanic shops could use a change, I have found that running a shop is a great way to meet the community, but sometimes a shop can get over loaded with players clocking in and going to one shop and sometimes they "go in there head" more they mechanic. If a business owner/ affiliate could rent out a shop they would be able to control who works and have a set price for repairs. Also with shops being able to wash players cars would be a nice thing to be able to do, to add to the RP.

Mechanic (satellite and windmill "Repair Technician") could use an update also, there are other areas that they could go fix other then the satellites and windmills, they could go and fix the oil pumps also.

Picking grapes is just weird, we are digging grapes out of the ground. it should be more like picking peaches/ or grabbing ephedrine.

Making Wine, the only thing that I see wrong with this is the generator, we are in the middle of the city, on the grid there; it needs to go. not to mention how does a generator burn through gas so fast, does it have a hole in it the size of a softball.

You guys can pick this apart all you want, but a lot of this comes from having conversations with other civs in the city.

Personly Keebler, I don't feel like that's what the staff needs to focus on. I feel like they should rather focus on new jobs so that we could get more of a variety and more options to choose from on the illegal side of things.

The mechanic aspect I think that the price that should go up so it won't be so expensive f.exs. If you're out in sandy. I think that the way the system works right now is pretty good because I think that a fight or two of who's going to be running the shop can't hurt anyone.

The other mechanic job I have to say I fully agree with you on and I think that it could for sure use some changing especially since almost no one ever does it.

The part where you focus on grapes I also must say I disagree a bit just because grapes can be a very valuable thing when it comes to making wine. So at least from my view if they were to change that I personally think that, that would make it so that they also would have had to nerf wine. I think that maybe an animation change would be more fitting.

I see where you are coming from with the generator and have to say I agree it should be changed not that it needs to go. They should rather change possibly the name to something else at least from my point of view.

4 hours ago, Frank Thornberry said:

Personly Keebler, I don't feel like that's what the staff needs to focus on. I feel like they should rather focus on new jobs so that we could get more of a variety and more options to choose from on the illegal side of things.

Well the staff needs to focus on something, because more and more people are getting bored of the same old stuff and leaving the city. What I posted there is stuff that I personally have talked to other people in the cities about. And for the past few days more and more people are telling me that they are done with the city, yesterday a gang of 10 players left the city for good. at the current rate the city is going to have less old players and even less new player in it.

I like this city and I like almost everyone that I have met in the city. I do not want to see it die due to content going sterile.  

Well as the matter of the fact though I do see where you are coming from I see the same things myself, but the solution is not just to give the old things new locations we need something, something exciting that is new all around instead of just the old with different locations. With you saying that the staff team needs to focus on something I have no clue what you are talking about. I don't know how long you have been around, but before saying things such as that you should maybe think a bit more about it. I know that they are working and if you would have been active you would also know that they are focusing on bringing new jobs into the city.

How about armor card delivery as a legal and illegal job. The legal side of it being exactly like trucking. You drive (x) amount of miles to the delivery and get paid directly into bank account. The illegal side is that when enough cops are online they can robbed at drop off points. To prevent rmd abuse maybe disable the truck for 5 seconds at drop off unless someone starts to rob it. Then it would stay disabled until the end of the robbery. 

On 1/21/2019 at 2:59 PM, keebler_mfn_elf said:

For instance, change the location of the Illegal areas and keep them off the map. make it so that as a civ you have to say buy the location (maybe through a business or a civ informant, like the meth informant) so that you can use the coke lab/ weed processor. and for the cops they have to do a little investigation to locate and shut down the locations. once they are shut down they get new locations

So basically give you 90% less risk and more reward for doing illegal activities?  That's like saying once we find the illegal area cops can shut it down for the server cycle so you can't make any drug deals. Police don't camp the areas so if you cant be more genuine on how you go about doing illegal activities why should the Devs give you way more less risk?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Thorgs said:

So basically give you 90% less risk and more reward for doing illegal activities?  That's like saying once we find the illegal area cops can shut it down for the server cycle so you can't make any drug deals. Police don't camp the areas so if you cant be more genuine on how you go about doing illegal activities why should the Devs give you way more less risk?

In stead of shooting down Ideas, maybe build on them. and put in some input. I want to help the community and make it so that people want to say. so I am willing to take a step forward, and voice not only my own ideas, but what I have heard others express.

And for some reason; when ever anything is expressed that makes it harder to be a cop, the cops are the first ones to shot them down, instead of build on it. Cops really have it way to easy, maybe its time you guys should have to do some work too. I say this because I have talked to cops too, and they are getting tired of just chasing drug, fight, and gun shot calls. and less people are wanting to do illegal stuff because the cops have to many advantages over them. And I have expressed that in the past to, and it was shot down again by someone that did not want to look at it as a community problem, but as something that would make their life/RP harder.

Also if you do not see the lack of illegal RP in the servers then you need to spend a little more time in them as both a cop and a civilian, and talk with some people. 

13 minutes ago, keebler_mfn_elf said:

In stead of shooting down Ideas, maybe build on them. and put in some input. I want to help the community and make it so that people want to say. so I am willing to take a step forward, and voice not only my own ideas, but what I have heard others express.

And for some reason; when ever anything is expressed that makes it harder to be a cop, the cops are the first ones to shot them down, instead of build on it. Cops really have it way to easy, maybe its time you guys should have to do some work too. I say this because I have talked to cops too, and they are getting tired of just chasing drug, fight, and gun shot calls. and less people are wanting to do illegal stuff because the cops have to many advantages over them. And I have expressed that in the past to, and it was shot down again by someone that did not want to look at it as a community problem, but as something that would make their life/RP harder.

Also if you do not see the lack of illegal RP in the servers then you need to spend a little more time in them as both a cop and a civilian, and talk with some people. 

He's providing feedback - You have openly posted on a public section. Expect people to criticise your suggestions & he holds a very valid point. In my eyes, the server has turned into money driven mayhem. Zero RP. I am sick to the back teeth of dealing with people who just want to make money and grind all day and when they get caught they get salty ; before you ask my opinion is coming from a PD &  a civilian  

1 hour ago, keebler_mfn_elf said:

And for some reason; when ever anything is expressed that makes it harder to be a cop, the cops are the first ones to shot them down, instead of build on it. Cops really have it way to easy, maybe its time you guys should have to do some work too.

I'm not shooting you down but you act like selling drugs is soooo hard???? I know plenty of criminals that rarely get caught cause they have the savviness on how to do it but the one that puts little effort into and gets caught then their all salty about it. So to your suggestion that they move to make it harder for us to find you what is your suggestion on how to make it harder for you rather than say once we find the new location it moves again which will continue to make it easy for you!

1 hour ago, keebler_mfn_elf said:

I say this because I have talked to cops too, and they are getting tired of just chasing drug, fight, and gun shot calls. and less people are wanting to do illegal stuff because the cops have to many advantages over them

It's their job to fight crime its the reason they became a cop does it get monotonous sometimes I'm sure it does. I think its pretty balanced not sure where you think we have all the advantages??? So we have an informant to assist in locating you and you have a "Mobile" meth van it can move around to avoid being caught that just one example. I have also been on shifts where it's so busy at times that illegal areas aren't always checked so I can imagine how many got away with processing drugs. Many things have changed to keep a close balance nothing will be perfect for everyone.

Remember its a public server things are a lot different than a whitelisted server where things are more controlled more stricter rules.     

• Like 2

Maybe Shark and dolphin poaching using a Tugboat?

To make it interesting you would have to own a tugboat-

you could have to get a speargun that could be located on the tug boat or fishing nets, possibly from you tool 

Role play reason to use a tugboat could be- sharks and dolphins are too big for normal boats. and maybe the tugboat has a wench that pulls up large fishing nets

you could then have to get scuba equipment

Sail out to where there are sharks/dolphins set the net and or go spear hunting, what ever is better to code

We could maybe then introduce a new criminal butcher that could cut the illegal fish meat at the slaughter house to then be sold " to the fish market " for Large amounts of dirty money

The butcher mechanic could just be like the gold smelting mechanic but in the slaughter house location interior. That location would then be illegal to be in, [just like the black market] this would give more police rp locations to check out for crims. 

Maybe it could be a real clocked in job called butcher that does illegal stuff on the side but maybe hes the only one that could process the meat to then be sold to the fish market. 

ps -Maybe a mule truck is needed somehow to transport from the tugboat to the slaughter house.

Idea- maybe dolphins can be caught solo with nets, but shark spear hunting might require more then only player, because sharks are so dangerous, you would want more players to  shoot the shark at the same time so you don't die to the shark, maybe the shark is a one bite kill but needs to be hit with 3 spears to die, that way you need 3 players to go rp the shark poaching, the pay out would have to be big to split it up between the 3 players to make it worth the time to even do it. I'm not sure how many can fit in the tug boat tho that might be a restriction. 

Edited by Sore
pushed wrong button added to it
  • Like 7

• 1 month later...

INFLUENZA and VACCINE MANUFACTURING - an option for legal and illegal products

Location - predominantly at Humane Labs and Research, but with some resource gathering 
Mechanics - point to point manufacturing, like a cross between wine and cocaine. Add eggs to an incubator and maintain at temperature, mix the virus strains with the third ingredient (depending on your desired outcome) and then add to the eggs. The finished product uses up all three of the ingredients and takes 10-15 seconds to appear at the collection point. 

Equipment - gather chicken eggs (free) from a farm (there are several farms with chickens, but one with lots of coops near the prison, where the bunker is too), businesses can order a batch of Influenza Virus strains (like they order leaves) and then you have a third item; either Ephedrine (to make a vaccine) or acid (to make a super virus). If the process is 'botched' (too much acid is added at once, the eggs arent maintained at the right temperature) then you get no finished product. So this is done best in a team of 2 or 3 people.

Limitations - none, it would function the same way that the brewery does in that really only one group can operate it at one time. And should have cctv from an outside part of the building, looking in at the lab. Because it isnt illegal to be there, or to produce the vaccine... but is is illegal to produce the SuperVirus. 

Gains - The cost to produce should be $10k (for a business to buy the original 100 strains) to give 100 end product, with two options - one legal and one illegal. The Influenza Vaccine is legal and can be sold at a hospital point (such as Central now that its out of commission) for around $700 each, whereas the Influenza SuperVirus is illegal and can only be sold to the dealer at the black market, but gets you $1400 each.  So for a batch of 100 legal products, you could make $70,000. For a batch of 100 illegal products, $140,000

Notes - PPE (personal protection equipment) should be mandatory when producing either, so cops should be allowed to add a PPE infringement fine to any charges they might be making.

• Like 2