Washing dirty money - Risk Vs. Reward

Merr Khan

I think there should be a hard coded limit to the max value an item in a store can be sold for. 

I should not be able to list a cigarette for 1.5 million dollars, have a buddy buy it, wash the money (in 0.000004 sec), then be free and clear. 

The purpose of businesses was to create RP, and sadly it created a money grabbing grind fest.

Time to limit it.   

The current reward for washing money is = to a risk factor that should be a permanent seize of the company as a whole (lose of 2 million dollars), not just shutting down the store that they aren't going to use any more anyway.  

Yet the risk is...... I don't really know of any.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Limiting the max value of items sold would increase the risk of getting caught, and an actual chance of losing something. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To the, "but my employee did it, i don't want to lose my biz". i say don't hire criminals.........

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Strong disagree. I do plenty of RP with my store as Mr. Hanzo. I keep it stocked, advertise on twitter, and have great RP interactions with other people every time i open it up. It's a legit business in front of house every way. If i get caught cleaning my money I lose not only my money i spent to open the store but my entire stock aswell, i usually keep 10k worth of items in stock. Its already hard enough for new people who don't have a business to clean their money, changing this would make it even harder for them. With the addition of plain clothes UC officers its much easier for police to case a business and see if anything illegal is happening. Even though i don't think this should be changed i will propose an alternative. Make it so every second a certain amount of dirty cash is cleaned. Say 2k per second. That means if i want to clean 120k it will take one minute for all of the money to be cleaned. If the police raid in between that one minute, whatever cash has been cleaned the owner keeps, whatever amount of dirty money remains can be seized. This is just hurting people who actually use the businesses as intended.

Edit: Also makes it harder for people to get money. People have been complaining lately about how people grind for money rather than RP. This will just make that problem worse.

Edited by Gianni Vermicelli
additional thoughts
  • Like 2

Something like a $5,000 limit per transaction but also some kinda of scaling time per transaction set on the amount of money per transaction. $5 no time $50 5-10 secs $500 10-20 secs $5000 20-60 secs.

Maybe even an implementation of another step in this whole "laundering" process. If a company accepted dirty money or did these under the counter transactions they would need to find a dirty accountant to fix their books. Adding some kinda "book cleaning" service would add a little more realism. So like you would do some dirty money transactions then pay a dirty accountant to fix your books and over the course of like 10-15 mins he could make all the numbers line up and then your business would be clean again.

Maybe also adding on the Police side of things a kind of informant mechanic for dirty shops. Police would go down to white collar division of the FIB and talk to an agent there and that agent may or may not have a tip about some books they were looking into. Don't know the logistics of this but would be interesting.

Just my 2 cents.

• Like 2

@Gianni Vermicelli Im not talking about the mom and pop shop your running, with small realistic transaction, and potentially hidden income in the books.

Also i am not suggesting that businesses get seized, i'm merely pointing out that the reward is = to such a punishment. yet the risk/punishment is currently set to......  none

A limit to the maximum amount you can list an item for sale will not affect your operation at all. 

Yet dramatically effect the power gaming operations that are destroying RP. 

Edited by Merr Khan
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Set so that you cannot list something on sale above 100% of its original value. So if you place cigarette on sale on your shop. Highest price you can set is 160$ (as 80$ is normal cigarette value). For people who want to take risk, they can list Vodka, Beer or Champagne from the Liquor store. Those things cost a lot thus higher risk to trigger popos.

1 hour ago, Victor said:

Set so that you cannot list something on sale above 100% of its original value. So if you place cigarette on sale on your shop. Highest price you can set is 160$ (as 80$ is normal cigarette value). For people who want to take risk, they can list Vodka, Beer or Champagne from the Liquor store. Those things cost a lot thus higher risk to trigger popos.

I think this is a good thought but I feel like that just all the bigger businesses would most likely get a wedding ring and then use that to clean the money.