Weasel News

TOYBOXX

Hello, everyone. I've looked to see if this topic was already posted somewhere within the site, and found nothing. Yet. 

I'm loving how the server added the news camera feature if a character decided to take on the job of a news reporter. However, I'm noticing that there is nothing else associated with that particular job. Is there a news blip that appears on the map to notify of potential active news locations, or text  message notifications? 

I'd love to get more involved with that particular RP, but really nothing to do with it. So to speak. 

Thanks

Me and some other people used to do Live PD when the cameras first came out. We would just drive around in the news van keeping our ears out for police sirens or robbery calls. I've seen some people post the news stories like robberies in twitter. Just need to think about the different stuff you can do.

• 1 month later...

Commenting on this because I was actually RP'ing as weazel news earlier. 

I was acting as the Anchorman at the time, but noticed when using /mic, it would only stay in my hand, and I couldn't find a way to look like i was holding it to my mouth. 

Is there a way to have it so you're holding it with both hands, or perhaps even hold out the mic so others can talk into it? Or is this not possible. 

5 hours ago, Gianni Vermicelli said:

pretty sure you can press b and point with the mic in your hand

Yeah, it kind of looks flimsy though when it's in your hand while doing that, was just wondering if there was a better animation for that to possibly have. The Mic looks backwards basically whenever you do that

19 hours ago, XZXSTEALTHXZX said:

I like how that server gives a ping on the map of fights, robberies, etc. taking place to the reporter.

Yeah, it's definitely a cool feature. Everyone does get pinged for Robberies on twitter, but everything else, yeah, is hidden.