Dispatch

olle4445

1 hour ago, Muroko said:

would you do it? cause i sure wouldn't sit around all day looking at a map, telling people where to go

Lmao. This will be a punishment for EMS who act a fool on duty. Dispatching for an hour!

On a serious note it could be something to add once population cap get increased (pls fivem) as a few people expressed some interest. It takes up a slot on the server for minimal gain and also with the limited amount of pd and ems it may not be too exciting at the moment.

• Haha 2

If this is gonna eventually be a thing, it'd also make it more immersive to actually learn codes and communicate as EMS would in real life while on the radio. I think it would promote the idea of taking the job more seriously, and up the difficulty of it as well. You'd have to learn how to communicate in the correct terminology, which promotes professionalism and attentiveness.

1-Adam-(number) for identifiers

i.e. If three EMTs are on duty and the dispatcher needs to contact one in a certain area, he or she would refer to that EMT with their callsign which would be something along the likes of "1-Adam-83, ten 5 ten 20."  That translates to "1-Adam-83, relay location" which means "Hey Anton, where are you?"  This, of course, would mean that EMTs would be assigned to certain grid locations. Which means one EMT would probably cover the north half of the map, one would cover the south east, and one would cover the south west, based on the frequency of calls or whatever.  The dispatcher would actually end up having one of the most difficult jobs out of all simply running the logistics of who is on what call and where.

Anyway, here's a breakdown of real 10-codes and travel codes:

Code 1-4 for traveling method

Code 1) Responding, no lights or sirens

Code 2) Responding, lights only

Code 3) Responding, lights and sirens

Code 4) Current call clear, not currently assigned to a call.

10 Codes and their layman's terms.:

10-1: receiving poorly (negative confirmation for radio check)

10-2: receiving good (positive confirmation for radio check)

10-4: OK or acknowledged (self explainatory)

10-5: relay information (Provide info on..)

10-6: busy, standby (If someone is trying to talk to you in game while another is trying to contact you in radio, and in game takes priority, use this. Basically, "Wait a sec")

10-7: Out of Service (or DOA) (Ambulance totaled or refueling)

10-8: Back in service area (Returned to duty from repairs or refuel)

10-9: repeat last transmission (Self explainatory)

10-10: back in service (returning from being off duty for a break)

10-13: Police Needed (Self Explainatory)

10-14: Out of Service (Returning to hospital to store vehicle and clock out)

10-15: Station Unmanned (Area of map not being covered by EMS)

10-16: Enroute to Hospital (Self Explainatory)

10-17: Enroute to... (Self Explainatory)

10-19: Returning to Station (returning) (Self Explainatory)

10-20: location (Self Explainatory)

10-21: please call by phone (For OOC discussions, usually.)

10-22: Disregard or Cancel (Self Explainatory)

10-24: Send Rescue Units (Victim in area unreachable by responding EMT, i.e. mountainside, ocean, etc)

10-25: Mechanical Problems (Vehicle related, reason for not responding to call)

10-26: Send Additional Units (Self Explainatory)

10-27: Send Fire Units (Self Explainatory)

10-31: Enroute to _____ Hospital (Self Explainatory)

10-32: Go to channel 2 (Self Explainatory)

10-33: Go to channel 3 (Self Explainatory)

10-34: Go to channel 4 (Self Explainatory)

10-38: Arrived at Station (Arrived to hospital or garage)

10-40: DOA (Person Dead)

10-41: Heart Attack (Self Explainatory)

10-42: Mental patient (Self Explainatory)

10-43: Poisoning or Overdose (Self Explainatory)

10-45: Vehicle Accident (Self Explainatory)

10-46: Emergency patient transfer (When taking a player to hospital, emergency)

10-47: Routine Patient Transfer (When taking a player to hospital, non emergency)

10-49: Suicide Attempt (Self Explainatory)

10-50: Working Fire, Dispatch Fire (Same as 10-27)

10-90: Arrived on Scene (Self Explainatory)

10-87: How do you copy (Self Explainatory)

Edited by BrandonM

Please no (to 10 codes)...  While many departments in the US continue to use 10 codes many have changed to plain English.  I was a firefighter and EMT for 15 years and we moved beyond 10 codes in the early 90's (yes I'm old lol).  It reduced confusion and mis interpretation significantly.  I still feel I can be immersive in my RP without them.

Dispatch I think could be a lot of fun :D

Edited by Tiller
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, Tiller said:

Please no (to 10 codes)...  While many departments in the US continue to use 10 codes many have changed to plain English.  I was a firefighter and EMT for 15 years and we moved beyond 10 codes in the early 90's (yes I'm old lol).  It reduced confusion and mis interpretation significantly.  I still feel I can be immersive in my RP without them.

Agree with you. 10-codes add an element of complexity that is not needed. Not only do you have to know the codes, but must rely on others to know them too. Too easy for misunderstanding.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tiller said:

I agree. Dispatch would be nice but please no 10 codes. I'd be so confused with all that.