64 player server

StanJoeHall

Hi,

Since there are already 64 player servers out there that, according to some seem to work rather well, and since the recent test drive with 45 players, I'm wondering what the difficulties are for a server cap upgrade?  And what's the current status or plans? The influx of players seems to be constantly rising. Plus it would create a whole different and imo a better dynamic on the servers with a higher number of players

Edit: Is Suggestions a better category for this? Feel free to move this post

Edited by StanJoeHall

Id rather have a 3rd server for the busy evenings, these past 3 nights after ive put the little one to bed both servers have had queues of 12+ throughout the whole night, i know that the servers are paid for by generous donors (of which i am not) so beggars cant be choosers, but i feel it would definitely get utilised.

Yeah the queue times are getting very long. I was in queue for almost 3 hours last night before I just gave up and went to bed. Too bad they can’t monetize, I would be glad to pay a monthly subscription to bring up more servers. Guess it’s a good problem to have. Badlands has something great going here. 

On 3/12/2019 at 2:43 PM, Mr Morphiuss said:

Yeah the queue times are getting very long. I was in queue for almost 3 hours last night before I just gave up and went to bed. Too bad they can’t monetize, I would be glad to pay a monthly subscription to bring up more servers. Guess it’s a good problem to have. Badlands has something great going here. 

Like pay a subscription for a whitelist sever?

I would wait a bit and see. Month ago there was topic to close secound server because of lack of people and now BadlandsRP get 20/20 q on both. Big streamers found FiveM and now everyone wants to try out. Time will tell if they stay or things calm down.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Victor said:

I would wait a bit and see. Month ago there was topic to close secound server because of lack of people and now BadlandsRP get 20/20 q on both. Big streamers found FiveM and now everyone wants to try out. Time will tell if they stay or things calm down.

The flow of players due to streamer hype has been consistently flourishing in the FiveM scene for the last year at least and I am confident it will continue to grow because the game offers such a bad ass sandbox of activities and possibilities for content and entertainment. I've been apart of several FiveM RP communities so far that have all had their share of streamer related population growth and the quality people definitely stick around.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

The one 64p server I played ran fine, it seems like they toned down NPCs just a tad to handle the player count I guess (not like RAGE where there's no NPCs). It wasn't a huge difference but I could notice that there were not as many.  Ran just like any other 32p server but unfortunately other aspects of the server seemed lacking compared to others (scripts, ui, etc.).