Classified advertisements discord channel

Fat Stacks

So this would basically be like a Craigslist for the server, you would be able to make a post about the goods or services you are offering for other players to purchase.

I think this would be a much better way to advertise than the in game twitter since it shall make it easier for players to browse through the available services.

Some suggestions for the channel:

- Only one post per day(or whatever time period), to avoid spam.

- Only allow posts to be the advertisements themselves. No discussion. This means the channel isn't clogged up with discussion and makes it much easier to browse what is available. If you want to discuss the advertisement you can do it on another channel or even better in a DM.

Edited by FAT STACKS $$$$
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, SneakyAzShiite said:

Sounds cool but if people can't handle the proper use of "urgent-help" then I doubt they'd be able to follow rules for a classifieds chat. At some point down the road we can address potential in game advertisements.

Perhaps it is better suited to a section on the forums? I guess it would also be possible you could implement a bot which is the only person who can post to the channel, if you want to post/delete/bump your ad you message the bot and for example if you want to create a ad you give the command then it asks for title, description and optionally a link(for images/videos) then it posts it on the channel. But I guess you would have to host the bot etc so idk.

I agree regarding a tool or channel where you could promote or advertise your service or business. That's great. In regards to people using things the proper way, yeah we can not assume that :)
So Discord might not be a good idea.

Maybe activate the use of the advertisement button in the phone or use side chat as '/advert' followed by your message. Since people starting to use Twitter for it now anyway.
This way there is a distinction between a tweet, ooc or an ad. The only remark I have against it is the fact it might fill chat with some more messages.
But it's interesting and useful which i would want to read and know about. And having three chat-options,  isn't out of this world hard.

I am sure people might use it wrong by accident once in a while. But it might be an easy solution to offer something towards the idea mentioned above.
Sometimes you may also want to include a phone number with the service details. which to me feels a bit out of place for a Tweet.

It could state 'Advertisement: ' or something.

Anyway keep up the good work boys!
Catch you all in the city ;)

• Like 2