Taxi Job Expansion

Taxi Job

So... my idea was to instead of having all the public jobs down at the job center spread out at some locations around the map, so for my idea is to just make a clock in circle for the taxi job and a garage here also for people to pull out their taxi's and I also feel as it could be a cool hangout spot for people working on taxi. 

The taxi place is located at Mirror Park BLVD directly across from the Lost MC. 

Downtown Cab Co. 

Edited by George Cahill
  • Like 6

unfortunately taxi job is not something people do often and consistently.. from what i know everybody that tries to do that job either dont get enough money, or don't get enough RP. Having a group of cabbies hanging out there is just that, a group of people RPing they are taxi drivers but not doing the job, they might as well hang out at 2/6...

however, i love the idea! I think we all need to start thinking bigger and seeing opportunities to interact with other players more often. Instead of tweeting out "can someone bring me a repair kit, im stranded" call a cab. But, there are never cabs on duty.. so it's a gradual change, but we all need to commit to start somewhere. stop grinding, find jobs that are RPd, get paid by players and not mechanics, give that money back to other players doing other jobs... no more one person jobs, team up, actively look for RP and seize opportunities that will bring people together to interact.
Im done, sorry for going a bit off-topic there :P

• Like 1

I am personally all for removing the job center and making you have to go out to certain places for certain jobs. Also while we are at it can we make it so you can clock in and out of tow truck in a few places maybe have clock in locations in sandy shores and Paleto bay aswell. 

• Like 2

Yep, this would be great. A common question I see from newbies is "I clocked in as taxi driver, where do I pick up my cab?" Maybe you could rent one for $1000 or make the investment of $30k for the existing option to customize your taxi and to avoid paying that rental fee every time. 

As for the NPC taxi jobs, it's fun to play a little crazy taxi, or maybe not-so-crazy taxi if that's what you're into instead, but there's a few changes that I think should be made, like increasing the payout of fares, increasing the frequency of NPCs turning into customers, and increasing the radius at which fares will de-spawn. Perhaps a better indicator of when a customer becomes available would help since my biggest problem is that I never notice there's one nearby until I've already driven out of range and it disappears. Crazy taxi, and I do believe the older GTA games, always had a timer and bonus payouts for speedy delivery, though this would conflict with the city's laws a bit unless it took lawful driving habits into account.

Ah, I could get crazy deep into this but I think at least increasing the rate of customers and the payout of fares would be an easy enough tweak that would rejuvenate some interest in hopping back into the cab again. And of course the mini game is just for making some cash and killing some time while you wait for a real customer to phone in, so I do believe making it more lucrative could help solve the often present taxi shortage too.

its probably not even possible to mod this, and if it is its probably hell lot a work, little do i know about modding so im just gonna suggest it anyways, it would be nice if there is no taxis on duty you could actually call for a npc taxi like in story mode, mod it so the drivers dont get scared and drive all crazy from gun shot or people kicking the doors to avoid people being passangers in npcs cabs driving all carzy. Maybe even remove some garages in the city so its more common to take taxis and make it so more people clock on as drivers. A lot of fun stories satrts with: so i got in this taxi i called and then... :) 

• 1 month later...