A fix on Que times

Lucente

To whom this may concern, 

I'm new to this server and have noticed things that are different in this server that other servers maybe don't have which is a large ems and lspd presents. Both of these roles have priority in the server and everyone agrees that there should be a limit on how many ems and lspd should join. I feel like a cap should be put into places:

•  5 cops and 5 ems max per server 
  • if u need more police presence then 7 cops and 3 ems per server.
  • increasing the server capacity might help shorten queue times
  • Adding a whitelist server on top to help to bring in more funds to the servers
  • Making the new 3rd server permanent and not kicking it offline from 2am to 10 am

I love the server not hating on it best one if been on i just feel like there's always room for improvements

• Sad 1

Everything is still being monitored and watched. The influx of people is great! However, it could change just as quickly and dwindle down as it always does. We value the feedback, and there is room for adjustment as needed with the queue priorities. Right now, it's likely that it will stay as it is.

• Like 2

@Serena i can see this working out, but i can also see this as a way to prioritize over queue.
Since there is no real way to confirm whether the EMS/Police are actually playing as ems or police officers.

They get priority over queue, i see that but how do you on your end check the stuff there doing when being prioritized?
The way i see it it is possible to greatly gain advantages over other players by being an officer/ems employee, just write an application,
Play the role once or twice a day for a hour or 2, and Ur done? u remain having priority even as a citizen, since the whitelist is the thing that prioritizes u.
Should prioritize only on IsOnActiveDuty and ForceActiveDutyOnPriorityQueue make a callback for it, would be very easy then.

I'm not trying to be negative at all just pointing out my thoughts here.

Edited by Illinux

Everything you are saying is already in place, just in a different way. Police/EMS are held to a quota that must be met in order to retain their positions. Protocols are in place, and if people are seen trying to exploit their whitelisted role in any way, they will be handled.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lucente said:

everyone agrees that there should be a limit on how many ems and lspd should join. I feel like a cap should be put into places

I wonder who everyone is? And both factions already have a limit on the amount that can be on duty. They have been trying One sync to add capacity but it's not stable right now but testing is ongoing.

Server owners have said in the past they are not in it for the money and even if there was a WL server what makes you think you would get in any different than you do now? there would still be a Q in order to play there as well.

• Like 1

Since one of these threads is being made everyday i feel i should point something out for the new people who are aggrevated by the queues. I get it, i really do. Even as someone with priority, i'm still waiting in queue for over 3 hours sometimes, when before this hype i could get in within 20 minutes. But you need to understand that without the queue priority, badlands would basically be abandoning their core player base that has been active and playing everyday for the past year/months. This major influx of new players is due to the popularity that 5m has recieved from popular streamers. When the streamers get bored of 5m, the people who joined from watching them may or may not too. The server populations are always changing. Not even a month and a half ago there was talks about closing server 2 early because there wasnt enough people on it. 

So you need to understand, part of the reason the veteran players have priority is to have enough ems/pd on the servers, and and because they dont want to abandon their core players, because im willing to bet in a month or 2 the population will start decreasing again.

• Like 3