White listed pilots licence

Merr Khan

I'm sure the reason there are no Aircraft in the server right now is the same reason you can't steal random cars, shoot from vehicle, and why there are no shotguns/snipers/ARs. We would have the City hall, Legion square vehicle debacle in the air. With kids trying to do barrel rolls over cop cars. Also why it would have to be a white listed vehicle spawn location for any Aircraft. Maybe with a limit to how many can be out, or in air at any given point.

My main reason for this is fast travel like an air taxi, from lower LS to Grapeseed, or Sandy in style. Also if you get a higher grade license and have to $$$$$$$ for a Learjet to have luxury party flights (mile high club). Maybe add the parachute for ski diving? Could make for some great RP's. 

I think this would be a good starting point to try and implement what i have seen asked before on forum, LSFD rescue heli (the Chinook that can rescue vehicles too), and a LSPD search heli (best way to crack down on meth cooking). Would need to start finding pilots.   

Johnny and I were having a conversation on this yesterday, here's what we kinda came up with:

If helicopters do get implemented, it'd have to be for Police/EMT only.  There would be just way too much chaos with is being available to the public. All it will take is one squirrel to ruin it for everyone.

There'd have to be a set of rules for it, right? So here's the ideas we kinda spitballed together.

Rule 1) Pilot must be licensed. That means whitelisted through admins to be certified to fly.

Rule 2) Pilot must have a copilot at all times. This prevents choppers from being stolen, as the pilot will always be in the chopper. Copilot would do all the rescues.

Rule 3) There must be at least one ground medic/cop on duty. If there less than three medics/cops on duty, no chopper.

Rule 4) Helicopter cannot be landed in an area that it would not be able to land in real life. Must be in a clearing on flat, level ground.

They'd should also cost PER WITHDRAW. Call it a rental fee or whatever, but it should be expensive every time you take it out to increase the pilot's desire to fly carefully.  An ambulance is a necessity, the chopper is a privilege and privileges shouldn't be free.

In order to make it worth it, while the pilot is on duty in that role, he should make a paycheck to the equivalent of him bringing someone up every 2-3 minutes, to be fair.

Edited by BrandonM
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, BrandonM said:

They'd should also cost PER WITHDRAW. Call it a rental fee or whatever, but it should be expensive every time you take it out to increase the pilot's desire to fly carefully.  An ambulance is a necessity, the chopper is a privilege and privileges shouldn't be free.

In order to make it worth it, while the pilot is on duty in that role, he should make a paycheck to the equivalent of him bringing someone up every 2-3 minutes, to be fair.

pretty sure people would start shooting at the heli though for fun, why should the pilot pay for that?

• Haha 1