remove ID above heads when character is crouching [Admins please listen]

hihad

"but how are we gonna know when they shot someone and RDM etc,etc"

They cant shot or do anything actively out of crouch. Their ID is visible during their every "action". It doesnt make sense anymore for admins to ignore this. It's just better, plus it will be more immersive when people actually LOOK into the bushes and such in the tense moments of hide/seek.

I am not gonna RP that my vision is so blind when someone hides in a bush that I MIGHT have actually looked into but nooow I am just gonna get called out for "meta" if I "see" that person hiding anyway and etc... yiiiikes *puke*.  This whole thing is just plain stupid. If I wanted to roleplay to such extreme I would go play Second Life instead. Please for the sake of GTA-roleplay let people have their ID above heads hidden when they are crouching. It really lets the function be more functioning really if I actually can *crouch* so to speak. Otherwise it is just a bad half-measured feature really.

I am almost upset of how stupid it is getting for the admins to NOT be doing this already. I really appreciate this server and all their decisions really, It is just this one minor issue that basically anyone I have ever met also agrees upon really...

This is such an easy thing to fix, with so much potential.

Edited by hihad

aaaaand noooooo! Dont adress me to just press F7 about this. Because this same figurative issue that I mentioned above will just occur all over and be inbalanced if anyone else involved with searching the "hiding bush" or any other sneak-scenario hasn't pressed F7 either.

Edited by hihad

53 minutes ago, hihad said:

I am almost upset of how stupid it is getting for the admins to NOT be doing this already. I really appreciate this server and all their decisions really, It is just this one minor issue that basically anyone I have ever met also agrees upon really...

This is such an easy thing to fix, with so much potential.

While I agree with the concept, I'm not sure that insulting the admin team is the best way to go about making change.

• Like 3

I am not insulting the admin team at all? I am just stating that within the growth of the community as a whole and its use, it is very disfunctioning. I do absolutely not mean to insult any of the admin team. I just mean to say that this is smart. I am smart.

Edited by hihad

Or you can just record and report. If they are so upset that they break role play to acusse meta gaming, they need a 7+ day time out. 

I understand where you are coming from. I play with the numbers off (religiously). And I still get accused of meta any time I see something. 

Solutions: make I'd numbers a hold down toggle. As in you must hold down the boyton to see them. And it says in local ooc that you are looking at the numbrs

I can't tell you how many criminals I have seen, where I snuck into a bush or balcony, just to have them run when they get close enough to see the numbers, it's clear as day that they did meta. 

I'm sure there is a way to make it so numbers come up as soon as you go down automatically, so recording and reporting won't be a problem. 

Anyway. Let's find a way to prevent meta, so players can't accuse meta. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Merr Khan said:

Solutions: make I'd numbers a hold down toggle. As in you must hold down the boyton to see them. And it says in local ooc that you are looking at the numbrs

This. It's either this or it's still just gonna lay there as a bad attempted feature here. :/ But the easiest way still just seems to have the id go hidden with the crouching IMO.
Your expectations on roleplay is not realistic if you're really playing you would know. Not everyone are super hardcore, and lets not pretend that this sight following arrow above the head of your position dont gets abused by others, we gotta have something. Cant just leave it out entirely to RP after all. This is not a text-based hardcore realistic roleplay simulator lmao, give us a hand please. Lets be real honest on this... it's like same bad argument for how they expect people to do bank robberies. There is no way in hell that people are gonna rob a bank in full imaginative "RP" even if it is actually possible - unless there is some actual scripts to help go along with the immerse of it.

8 hours ago, hihad said:

I am not gonna RP that my vision is so blind when someone hides in a bush that I MIGHT have actually looked into but nooow I am just gonna get called out for "meta" if I "see" that person hiding anyway and etc... yiiiikes *puke*.

You decide your own RP, If you don't wanna check bushes where it's the only places for people to hide then that is on you. People will say Meta no matter what, You can only stop that when people don't get upset that they have lost.

8 hours ago, hihad said:

I am almost upset of how stupid it is getting for the admins to NOT be doing this already.

This is the insulting that @Storrent was talking about. You need to think about the way you are saying things. If you are gonna say it this way, nothing will change. You don't insult and demean them.

5 hours ago, hihad said:

Your expectations on roleplay is not realistic if you're really playing you would know. Not everyone are super hardcore, and lets not pretend that this sight following arrow above the head of your position dont gets abused by others, we gotta have something. Cant just leave it out entirely to RP after all. This is not a text-based hardcore realistic roleplay simulator lmao

You decide your level of RP not the server. It gives you the tools to achieve what you would like within it.

5 hours ago, hihad said:

Lets be real honest on this... it's like same bad argument for how they expect people to do bank robberies. There is no way in hell that people are gonna rob a bank in full imaginative "RP" even if it is actually possible - unless there is some actual scripts to help go along with the immerse of it.

People have done this before. They may not have a payout like store robberies but that is where the level of RP you bring to the server comes in. 

All in all, Stopping people from Meta comes down to the need to win and the hatred of losing. People get upset about losing and wanna use meta and other things to justify why they lost, When sometimes its just your a bad criminal. If you decide to hide in a bush and i can see your feet, you'll get caught. If you feel like people are using numbers to find you. Record and Report.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I know other servers implemented a /whois feature. Where the numbers were not on above the players, if someone was breaking rules ect...the individual could easily /whois and report the number. While it would not completely get rid of the meta game(people would still do it via the /whois feature) but it would certainly all but eliminate the temptation.

14 hours ago, RuffNRoudy said:

I know other servers implemented a /whois feature. Where the numbers were not on above the players, if someone was breaking rules ect...the individual could easily /whois and report the number. While it would not completely get rid of the meta game(people would still do it via the /whois feature) but it would certainly all but eliminate the temptation.

I just don't see this happening either reason is stuff happens sometimes too quickly and to type that in most likely will not catch it in time and if you get RDM/VDM you don't have the option to do anything but push E for the medic

2 hours ago, Thorgs said:

I just don't see this happening either reason is stuff happens sometimes too quickly and to type that in most likely will not catch it in time and if you get RDM/VDM you don't have the option to do anything but push E for the medic

I wonder if they could implement the /whois feature if you are up and the numbers instantly pop up in your players eyes once you are downed.

I disagree. I have played with numbers off religiously! And have never had an issue toggling the numbers for reporting. 

Having numbers default on is easy mode with built in meta gaming trainers teaching new players it's ok to meta game.

Think about it. I'm hiding in a bush. There is zero ways to tell if a player is meta gaming when they "find me".

Or I'm a cop hiding trying to see a drug dealer.. now when they walk by and see the numbers they always turn and run... That's not meta?

Now if I'm hiding in the same bush. And I see in local ooc that player X who is trying to find me, is staring deeply into my soul.( Meaning they are holding down the player ID botton)....  Now I can report them.

The numbers being off and stopping meta gaming far out weight everything else.

Is this still a less then light RP server? Then remove numbers being default on, and add an alert for local ooc when player activate the meta tool numbers. 

Imo, the only reason anyone would not want numbers removed is so they can continue to meta game with out getting caught. 

Edited by Merr Khan
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Merr Khan said:

Imo, the only reason anyone would not want numbers removed is so they can continue to meta game with out getting caught

We I disagree!! I have never meta game and have numbers on just for recording purposes and I have no issues playing within the rules. 

9 minutes ago, Thorgs said:

We I disagree!! I have never meta game and have numbers on just for recording purposes and I have no issues playing within the rules. 

You can't think of this from your own perspective, being that of a seasoned server veteran, but rather from the perspective of your average servergoer who may not be as versed in roleplay and the meaning of metagaming (or someone who knows all too well and just doesn't give a shit). The reality is that most of the people who are playing on the server can't be trusted to not use the numbers in circumstances where they shouldn't be used, and something has to be done about it.

Edited by Storrent
  • Like 2