clarification of rules

AndyM

Hello,

I'd like to ask a few questions so I can better understand what is allowed and what isn't. It is my intention to play a criminal character, but I want to do so without breaking server rules.

A friend and I made new characters that are criminals. They have similar personality traits like always making bad decisions, always broke, and they refuse to get a legit job because "that's what suckers do". The bottom line is that they intend to commit crimes and get caught a lot. The character bio goes way deeper than this, but I don't want to bore you with it all. Please keep in mind that everything we are doing is about RP and creating content. It is not our intention to RDM or to grief players.

My questions about the rules:

1.) Are we allowed to point a gun at someone and rob them? Meaning demand their money and/or items? For example, we see a taco truck parted on the street. We observe that he is selling to multiple customers, and conclude that he has cash on his person. We run up to the truck, point our guns at the driver, then demand that he put his hands up and give us his money. (we give plenty of time for him to RP and comply.) If he refuses to comply with our demands, we threaten to shoot him. If he continues refusal of our demands, we shoot him and run away.

2.) If we are allowed to rob someone in that manner, does it make any difference if we do it as a team? Meaning me and 1 friend.

3.) If we work as a team, are we considered a gang? If this isn’t considered a gang, at what point will we be considered a gang? (more people join us or whatever)

4.) If robbing and kidnapping are allowed, are there any locations where this can't take place? For example, at a bank, garage 2/6, etc.

I'd like to state that I have read the server rules over and over again, located here:

Under RDM, it says:

-You must verbally state clear and reasonable demands to an intended target, and give a reasonable amount of time for the target to respond. If a player complies then you must provide a valid reason within RP to use force against them.

And under Gang Violence, it says:

-Gang violence is not allowed in player-populated areas of the greater Los Santos area (Legion Square, legal job areas, the yacht, etc.)

-Gangs should not harass or otherwise disrupt the game play of other players.

As a result of these rules, I’m unclear if my friend and I are considered a gang, and if we are allowed to play criminal characters in this manner.

Thanks in advance, and sorry for the wall of text. :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AndyM said:

My questions about the rules:

1.) Are we allowed to point a gun at someone and rob them? Meaning demand their money and/or items? For example, we see a taco truck parted on the street. We observe that he is selling to multiple customers, and conclude that he has cash on his person. We run up to the truck, point our guns at the driver, then demand that he put his hands up and give us his money. (we give plenty of time for him to RP and comply.) If he refuses to comply with our demands, we threaten to shoot him. If he continues refusal of our demands, we shoot him and run away.

2.) If we are allowed to rob someone in that manner, does it make any difference if we do it as a team? Meaning me and 1 friend.

3.) If we work as a team, are we considered a gang? If this isn’t considered a gang, at what point will we be considered a gang? (more people join us or whatever)

4.) If robbing and kidnapping are allowed, are there any locations where this can't take place? For example, at a bank, garage 2/6, etc.

First of all, welcome to the server and I hope you enjoy your time :)

1. You are allowed to rob players, yes. You must give a demand, and if it is not met, you may shoot. However, if they comply, it would be considered RDM if you shot anyway.

2. You must be in proper gang attire, or be prepared for needing both of you to initiate.

3. Gangs essentially allow for 1 thing, and that is where with most situations, only 1 gang member needs to initiate. Badlands has defined gangs by the matching clothing.

4. Gang hostility is not allowed in player populated areas, which is not defined as any 1 set place. However, there are no "safe zones", if that is the question. While not necessarily against the rules (could change), it's frowned upon to disrupt a group of people minding their own business (2/6 mech shop as an example).

Hope that helps :)

• Like 1