Cop Cars and Civ Cars

Smojo

Ive been thinking about this for a while and i would love for someone to shine some lights on the facts. (Please dont judge if i saying something inaccurate just correct me.)

In a previous post on the website i learned that cop cars where buffed. The reasoning for cop cars being buffed was so that they could keep up with high performance cars like the Dominator GTX encase of a car chase.
Ive also learned that Cars on the server have been nerfed to accommodate for cop cars being too slow to catch up to high performing cars.

-Things i dont know-
- How good are cop cars
-Do all cop cars perform the same
-How big is the nerf on cars
-Are all cars nerfed or just specific cars
-Is the nerf the inability to upgrade your cars performance or a decrease of its overall top speed...or both?
(All of these variables i will be assuming without hard facts to back up, please educate me if you know these variables)

-What i think should change-
I believe that cop cars have a too far advantage. From what ive read

1.Cop Cars are buffed to keep up with high performance cars
2.Civ Cars are nerfed so cop cars can keep up with them

These are two negatives for civs and two positives for cops.
Personally i feel that yes cop cars should have an advantage over civ cars, but no i dont believe civ cars should also have that decrease in performance.
I think that cop cars should keep the current buffs and that civ cars should be relived of their current nerfs.

I believe this change would be relevant for the essence of balance, Although i dont think it would be fair to cops if every car out performed them (Which is why i am for the buff on cop cars), but i do believe their should be some cars that arnt as easily beaten by a cop car. 

If you disagree, please reply below with your reasoning and inform me on any facts i do not know. Thanks :)

cop cars are buffed , yes but as a long time cop and someone who has evaded multiple time from cops in a news van / panto or grandmas car it really does come down to driving , there are alot of cars out there that legit out perform the police vehicles. A- i dont think most of the non cop pop understand how crazy locals react to our police lights, most of the chases i lose are the outcome of locals acting completly  stupid to the cops lights that it feels at sometimes like they are hired by the fleeing suspect. B- Cops have to follow you and react to your driving , as the guy fleeing you only really need to be focused on your own driving. and C- cops are making call out, talking on comms giving out street names ,direction of travel ,liscense plate info, car type and color etc. ...all while trying to keep the suspect in visual range. There is a balance there and if you aint a horrible driver then the cars performance should not really matter. 

• Like 8

In a car chase with the cops a civilian can win with each and every vehicle that is available in the garage. It's all about knowledge of the car you are driving and skill level of how you handle yourself behind the wheel. Civilian and Cop car alike each vehicle has strengths and weaknesses (won't get into details) so it's its all about knowing your vehicles strengths and sticking to them. I've lost cops in a $300 car and gotten caught and arrested in a $6,000,000 car. Now that being said there are a couple cars that are AMAZING when put in the hands of a skillful driver (will not name said cars) and I would personally nerf them but COP cars I believe are in a good position.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Kilo said:

cop cars are buffed , yes but as a long time cop and someone who has evaded multiple time from cops in a news van / panto or grandmas car it really does come down to driving , there are alot of cars out there that legit out perform the police vehicles. A- i dont think most of the non cop pop understand how crazy locals react to our police lights, most of the chases i lose are the outcome of locals acting completly  stupid to the cops lights that it feels at sometimes like they are hired by the fleeing suspect. B- Cops have to follow you and react to your driving , as the guy fleeing you only really need to be focused on your own driving. and C- cops are making call out, talking on comms giving out street names ,direction of travel ,liscense plate info, car type and color etc. ...all while trying to keep the suspect in visual range. There is a balance there and if you aint a horrible driver then the cars performance should not really matter. 

I appreciate your response and thanks, youve let me see a little more about, its not all about how fast the car is but more so how good of a driver you are

14 hours ago, r3v0Lt55 said:

In a car chase with the cops a civilian can win with each and every vehicle that is available in the garage. It's all about knowledge of the car you are driving and skill level of how you handle yourself behind the wheel. Civilian and Cop car alike each vehicle has strengths and weaknesses (won't get into details) so it's its all about knowing your vehicles strengths and sticking to them. I've lost cops in a $300 car and gotten caught and arrested in a $6,000,000 car. Now that being said there are a couple cars that are AMAZING when put in the hands of a skillful driver (will not name said cars) and I would personally nerf them but COP cars I believe are in a good position.

I appreciate your response and thanks i got alllllot more car training to do if i dont want to depend on my cars speed to get away.