Civ rights

I personally feel that the civ rights needs a bit of a update, as it is right now when you get arrested you can only request a higher up, but I feel it needs to be changed that you can request a different officer to come possess you. At least in times of major bias officers whom don't like you and use that against your charges. 

Everyone please add ya own thoughts and ideas on this because Im sure im not the only one who has been on both ends of it.

I completely agree with this. I think this is good for a few reasons....

First reason: The arresting officer is given time to "cool down" or separate himself from a stressful situation.

Secondly....This allows the suspect/civilian a chance to process with an officer that isn't as emotionally vested in the incident. It gives another officer the ability to look at it from the outside and removing any emotional bias that might have already been present. 

This is definitely a suggestion that I think SHOULD get implemented due to these reasons. It is a win-win for both sides and it allows for even MORE RP! Damn fine suggestion @myemailwaswrong!!

So what you 3 are saying is if I chase you on a felony evasion that once I do get you stopped I'm to waste more time and call another officer in to process you as you feel I would be bias against you I need to cool down and I cant do my job?????

So based on what your saying if 3- 4 officers are chasing you I would need to call a 5th if that many cops are on since your presumption is the first 4 chasing you will all be biased once they do get you stopped? 

An officer should process you according to the law I can be upset that you took me on a city wide chase but it doesn't mean I cant do my job you will still get charged with A, B, C and your RP will determine how much gets dropped. I mean if you feel after all your training that an arresting or detaining officer cant handle stressful situations or do his job fairly then report them but I personally don't think a civ that another officer needs to come in and handle you cause you feel like the officer doesn't like you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If you feel that an officer has treated you in an unfair or biased manner please file an IA report.  Personally I don't agree with this proposal.  Part of my reward for working hard to catch you is to RP with you after.  I can see this being abused by too many criminals as a way to BM the cops and just waste their time.  Perhaps sometime in the future world but for now not a fan.

• Like 3

I would also say that from a cop and lawyer point of view that the interaction between these 2 with an officer that wasnt on scene can be pretty terrible. Yes the officer that was on scene can give another officer the "cliff notes version" of the crimes but there will always be details that leads to officer and lawyer interaction to be subpar. Officers aren't immune to getting salty and if this is the case like said above and you feel they mistreated you fill out an IA report. But I'd personally rather having the officer with the details of the crimes there to RP with me and my lawyer afterwards.

• Like 4

If you're willing to to crime you're willing to risk the time. If you want to commit a crime you should weigh the potential risks of it first, knowing you that may be caught by a more strict officer. Just like in IRL there will be cops that are going to be more strict and those who will be less, this is just something you should have to consider when committing a crime. I think the potential of abuse in this is too high tbh "My friend is on duty, so ill just commit a crime and then request a different officer if he's/she's not the one that catches me." Don't do the crime if you're not willing to do the time after getting caught.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1