Blue and Red blips - Icon key name

Merr Khan

I heard it was possible, wanted to make a post about it. 

Can we change the info gathered for "on-duty" personnel, In regards to the name given on the map when hovering over their blip? 

Right now it shows stream name, which 99.9% of players do not have it set to an in character name, Who would right? (also some are inappropriate)  

Can we get the resources to pull the info from the in game ID system, That way anyone one duty can tell exactly where another member is with out having to tie up radio coms. Since both factions have rules about only using the name of the WL'ed character while on duty.  

It would make a lot more sense when there are upwards of 18 WL players on duty at a time. 

Also it will help with immersion <----- most important part!

• Like 8

On 9/1/2019 at 6:45 AM, Thorgs said:

Hmm can see that leading to sitting around collecting my check when no one knows where I am. Its been tried already under the current system so if it went to that makes it easier IMO.

Well if an LSPD passed training and everything and was found sitting collecting pay checks, i would expect reprimand would be in order regardless of whether there was meta information in play or not. Even in the current system a month ago i could have pointed at 2 to 3 cops that do this in the current system where they sit at a supposed traffic stop on elgin in front of pillbox but don't actually pull anyone over.  And i say a month ago because i haven't seen anyone doing it as of late so i suspect you guys noticed it.

Really the community is here for RP and if someone is hardcore powergaming it and not rping, Im more than positive if you gave the community a chance to try and keep it clean on some of the do's and don'ts of it all, im sure people would point more fingers.

Edited by BertJohn

On 8/31/2019 at 12:08 PM, Coach said:

Agreed if this is possible. I only know a handful of peoples steam names, would make it a lot easier to keep track.

I just memorize the people I work with's usernames. I tend to see similar people on duty, so it's easy enough to pick it up. I could be an outlier though.

• Like 1