Removal of Drivers and Gun License Restrictions

Rizz

I know this has been mentioned in the past, and I also remember Serpico talking about it on stream, however I wanted to bring it up to the community again as I think it's an extremely important roleplay factor. I know these restrictions were put in place to prevent issues - however with how well things have been going I think it would be a great idea to remove the restriction for both. 

1. It would be amazing to add RP for traffic stops for not having a valid license, as well as firearms. 

2. It would enhance the removal of the gun/drivers license for both police and criminal (It kind of sucks to put a criminal out of play due to playing the game). 

As it stands I absolutely hate taking them because it puts criminals completely out of play, where instead there could be potential for *more* interaction. 

Edited by Rizz
  • Like 4

I like the idea,

Maybe also make it so that if you don't have a gun license you can only obtain guns via other people or the illegal gun dealer.
I don't like the ability of being able to drive without a license. Maybe make it so that you at least have to complete the theory test at the driving school before you can drive a vehicle.
Also, if you don't have a license i think you should not be able to access your garage, just like the plane/helicopter garage's when you don't have a pilots license.

+1

Edited by Paul Garcia

The plan is to remove the restriction whereby you cannot equip a gun when your license has been seized. You would not be able to purchase a gun from the ammunation but would be able to get one from another player, equip, and use.

However, your character will have had to purchase at least the very first license. After that, restriction gone.

Edited by Mia
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Mia said:

The plan is to remove the restriction whereby you cannot equip a gun when your license has been seized. You would not be able to purchase a gun from the ammunation but would be able to get one from another player, equip, and use.

However, your character will have had to purchase at least the very first license. After that, restriction gone.

That sounds perfect for me, very realistic and logical. Are there any plans on the drivers license? It would be great to start charging people with driving w/o a license. 

You are currently able to drive without a drivers license once it has been seized, so the driving w/o a license charge can already be used. This existed already in 1.0 I believe.

There is a restriction though that prevents you from being able to pull out one of your own vehicles from the garage without a license. Wouldn't mind seeing that go away too. 

Edited by Mia
  • Like 3

+1 i have a blind character and me having a firearms license doesnt make sense but i need it to equip guns so i have one ive been rping that i dont have one but its a little confusing for people because obviously it says i have one.

same with a drivers license 

Edited by buttpounder420
  • Like 1