Jump to content

New Gang rules and cop jurisdiction


Recommended Posts

With population booming and gangs becoming a regular thing with growing and splitting to form other groups, Things need to be updated. I see this a lot in the city that most new gangs do not follow the rules with the limit of numbers allowed in a RP scenario and things get out of hand quickly. This either needs to be enforced more or just not at all, Now the cops (Who are all good at what they do) I do believe they shouldn't be working together and it should be more realistic, Like the city pd and the sheriff should be different and have different guidelines as in real life. We don't need city and sheriff cops at one scene to handle things. Also on the topics of cops I feel as they should have to read some sort or Miranda rights to the crim. It has gotten a lot tougher to be a criminal these past few weeks as the outstanding number of pd that are responding to a call. If the sheriff show up its there call and vise versa with city pd. They should only be able to joint a scene if pd is being shot at or doing raids. This is just my rant sorry about it i just think the rules need to be updated and new ones to be established. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Firstly, with the potential updates to 'Gang Rules', I agree that there are a lot of gangs that aren't following the rules in place. And one thing I will say to that is stuff like that needs to be reported to staff for anything to be done about it. Other than that, I think the gang rulings could have a an update for sure, I am just curious to see what other gangs/criminal mains would like to see changed.

 

As far as the LSPD and BCSO thing, I disagree completely. As a server, we can't and should not limit what types of calls or areas officers go to. The word jurisdiction is thrown around a lot with BCSO coming into the picture however it simply isn't reasonable. Limiting how officers move around the map and respond to calls would honestly wreak havoc around the server. Some evenings there are constant alerts through dispatch for hours on end and having to take a moment to think whether you should be responding or not will just cause more stress for the officers. At the end of the day, LSPD and BCSO work for the state in the same capacity, while IRL they'd stick to their jurisdiction under most circumstances, it just wouldn't work well here on a RP server.

Side note, if you are seeing officers/deputies responding to situations with larger amounts of force than deemed fair. You can always submit an IA on them for doing so. Officers/deputies should be matching force with the threat level. 

 

And with Miranda Rights, I'd expect something like that in the future. With the introduction of callsigns and other things into the factions, we are heading into more of an immersive LEO position. So 100% I think there should be a standard and a process when arresting someone.

Edited by tay
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I completely agree with what you stated here and I guess my understanding of the LSPD and BCSO were a bit different and this could be due to things not being clear(While in City). To see the gang rules updated a little bit would be great and a new way to report things. As I was explained to last night I would have to wear a body camera and have a recording device to save clips of what happened for anyone to take action or it gets swept under the rug.(This is no regard means the admins or mods are not doing their jobs because they are). It to me just seems like if Officers/deputies are matching the calls with appropriate force it would be great. Okay so I love this city and all the RP that comes with it but it just seems like there needs to be a little update on rules/laws

Link to comment
Share on other sites

With the new jail time and fine upgrade, I believe there should be a upgrade on gang size. With BCSO being allowed everywhere and a lot of new recruits in LSPD, there needs to be some positive side to Crims, especially all of this is just against crims. Yes, LSPD/BCSO aren't a gang, almost every big fight that happens, Cops always have more numbers because they are allowed to. Cops already have the unfair advantage when it comes to "grind" in the city. They can buy armor for pretty much nothing, insane paychecks, and have nothing to lose. Guns are cheap and insane, especially since their class 3s are legal, armor pretty much just as good as Heavy armor which they buy for nothing, heavy pistol is the equivalent of the Mk2 and Deagle having a baby, cars like the Raptor are insane, etc. Money just stacks for them and the only thing they grind is ranks..... Gangs are 89% of the time outnumbered, and if they pull out class 3s that take a lot of time to get, thats just more loss on them. If we could have a response team a little bit higher than 5 depending on the situation, like if gang members go down during a fight, this would be a way more enjoyable time for crims. Even adding a new class 3 to the city which wasn't illegal for crims to use would be more enjoyable in shoot outs. There needs to be a balance in the two parties, otherwise one side malds about something every time. Unless cops have crims characters which they have a lot of time on and actually realize the life of a crim, there's no way one can relate to this. But that concludes my ranting, hopefully one doesn't take offense to my thoughts. I love you all lul

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Richie Jax said:

I don’t get to why people want Miranda rights, it really doesn’t affect RP at all only just adds one more thing PD has to memorize.

I'd disagree, obviously the civilians have rights so they should be read. Not only this, but mirandizing could be interesting especially when it comes to the legal side of RP. Reading them their rights is to ensure the admissibility of what they say while in custody to be used in court/lawyer interactions. Plenty of opportunity there.

I get it's another thing but honestly I think it's a good suggestion.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Richie Jax said:

I don’t get to why people want Miranda rights, it really doesn’t affect RP at all only just adds one more thing PD has to memorize.

It's three sentences. You can memorize the same three sentences that you hear every time you watch any sort of crime show or cop movie. It's an immersive step forward and assists the Department of Justice massively with establishing common law from existing case laws and making judgements based on that. This isn't a "cops and robbers" server where we shoot and book, shoot and book, shoot and book. Roleplay.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Although it does add to  the list that PD need to memorize the rights in itself are not that long and are pretty easy/ self explanatory. It also pushes forward the idea of getting a lawyer onto the suspect which is a plus.I've already seen a few cops reading out some of the laws because it made sense when the first thing say is they want a lawyer. 

Edited by BamesJond -Sherlock Holmes
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Storrent said:

It's three sentences. You can memorize the same three sentences that you hear every time you watch any sort of crime show or cop movie. It's an immersive step forward and assists the Department of Justice massively with establishing common law from existing case laws and making judgements based on that. This isn't a "cops and robbers" server where we shoot and book, shoot and book, shoot and book. Roleplay.

We already aren't doing that? what do you mean?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I feel like there should be some updates to the rules because it just keeps getting tougher and tougher to be a crim and with cops having the easy access to stuff that will take us days to grind out or expensive for us to buy to do a job that will still end up costing us money if we get caught because of the new laws as far as fines and stuff going up and the amount of officers that are around now there should be some sort of balancing put in to help the crims not be at such a disadvantage 90% of the time. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/13/2021 at 2:48 PM, DJ Ramirez said:

[...]Unless cops have crims characters which they have a lot of time on and actually realize the life of a crim, there's no way one can relate to this[...]

I only came back a couple months ago, but I know in 1.0 almost every cop has a crim character. When I made a cop, it drastically improved my crim character and vise versa. I would recommend to every officer to also have a crim character, but I imagine most of them have had one at one point, if they aren't actively playing them.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have some thoughts around this topic and I appreciate what everyone has contributed so far. I think as police expands there will need to be changes along the lines of what's discussed here, whether it be making armor/gear for PD more expensive, making illegal class 3s less expensive or changing response numbers based on call types, however, cops have been disadvantaged for a long time, and I'm only seeing us get closer to balance so far, not further from it quite yet.

I would 100% agree that its harder for crims than it was 2-3 months ago, but I think crims can put more effort into escapes and being on the run to counter that. There will be more pressure on crims, but I believe it's being done in a way that makes escape more rewarding and effort oriented in the long run. Crims should feel that pressure and be put in a position to run for their freedom if they want to maintain it.

If everyone ends up working at legal business and nobody commits crime because it's not worth it, that's when nerfs to PDs or buffs to crim life need to be adjusted, but on an average day, we still have 1-2 big bank robberies, 2-4 vangelicos and 5 or more 24/7s. I hope the increase risk makes it more rewarding and challenging to get away, but I think all the cops would agree that only having 1-2 robberies a night with almost no gunfights isn't what were looking for either.

I hope this will continue to be an open discussion, and I believe everyone on the crim side is reasonably correct in their assessments of how things have changed, however I trust the mods/devs to be sure everyone has a fair and challenging experience too.

Edited by McPikey
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/14/2021 at 6:46 PM, MrBigRed said:

I only came back a couple months ago, but I know in 1.0 almost every cop has a crim character. When I made a cop, it drastically improved my crim character and vise versa. I would recommend to every officer to also have a crim character, but I imagine most of them have had one at one point, if they aren't actively playing them.

There was a point in time (and it may still happen some today) that many departments had ex-criminals on the force. Best way to catch a criminal is to think like one, best way to think like one is through experience…

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/15/2021 at 11:35 AM, McPikey said:

I have some thoughts around this topic and I appreciate what everyone has contributed so far. I think as police expands there will need to be changes along the lines of what's discussed here, whether it be making armor/gear for PD more expensive, making illegal class 3s less expensive or changing response numbers based on call types, however, cops have been disadvantaged for a long time, and I'm only seeing us get closer to balance so far, not further from it quite yet.

I would 100% agree that its harder for crims than it was 2-3 months ago, but I think crims can put more effort into escapes and being on the run to counter that. There will be more pressure on crims, but I believe it's being done in a way that makes escape more rewarding and effort oriented in the long run. Crims should feel that pressure and be put in a position to run for their freedom if they want to maintain it.

If everyone ends up working at legal business and nobody commits crime because it's not worth it, that's when nerfs to PDs or buffs to crim life need to be adjusted, but on an average day, we still have 1-2 big bank robberies, 2-4 vangelicos and 5 or more 24/7s. I hope the increase risk makes it more rewarding and challenging to get away, but I think all the cops would agree that only having 1-2 robberies a night with almost no gunfights isn't what were looking for either.

I hope this will continue to be an open discussion, and I believe everyone on the crim side is reasonably correct in their assessments of how things have changed, however I trust the mods/devs to be sure everyone has a fair and challenging experience too.

Brother I can not explain how much I love this response but there is 1 thing that is not correct here, and this is coming from a full main criminal, its not worth it atm. You mentioned that its harder for crims to escape atm and that there is alot more pressure on crims and that is 100% true, the issues is that you also said that it makes escaping more rewarding kind of a high risk/high reward kind of thing and that is not correct. Crim life gets harder and harder every day and more and more expensive and we did not get any buffs on ANY reward to match the fact that everything is harder and more expensive. Drugs are non-existent, jobs (when you actually manage to escape clean without a warrant which is almost never) dont reward you enough for all the risk you have to go through and the risk of loosing thousands and thousands of dollars that are equivalent to HOURS of grind. The game is all about RP and we all understand this, but please keep in mind we RP as criminals, so our job is to do criminal activities and this is impossible without the right equipment and such equipment costs money that costs us HOURS to make. This and some other points are the reason why you see more and more known criminals turning to legal jobs. I personally believe that we are actually far from balance and it needs to be looked at ASAP. Love everybody in this community and I would hate to see anybody leave or go back to having a low population. ❤️ 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, ZaxxYs said:

Brother I can not explain how much I love this response but there is 1 thing that is not correct here, and this is coming from a full main criminal, its not worth it atm. You mentioned that its harder for crims to escape atm and that there is alot more pressure on crims and that is 100% true, the issues is that you also said that it makes escaping more rewarding kind of a high risk/high reward kind of thing and that is not correct. Crim life gets harder and harder every day and more and more expensive and we did not get any buffs on ANY reward to match the fact that everything is harder and more expensive. Drugs are non-existent, jobs (when you actually manage to escape clean without a warrant which is almost never) dont reward you enough for all the risk you have to go through and the risk of loosing thousands and thousands of dollars that are equivalent to HOURS of grind. The game is all about RP and we all understand this, but please keep in mind we RP as criminals, so our job is to do criminal activities and this is impossible without the right equipment and such equipment costs money that costs us HOURS to make. This and some other points are the reason why you see more and more known criminals turning to legal jobs. I personally believe that we are actually far from balance and it needs to be looked at ASAP. Love everybody in this community and I would hate to see anybody leave or go back to having a low population. ❤️ 

 

I'd be more than willing to agree that a trend I saw around 7/15 when i posted this hasn't become balanced and has become worse for crims with more time to observe. I agree that things are starting to stack against criminals in a way I'm not happy with being on the police side. We often have 20+ cops clocked in at time during peak hours, and have to struggle to be apart of any significant robberies or chases.

While I am in favor of having more time as a cop to do "community policing" instead of just chasing a new robbery every 20 minutes, we are rarely, if ever, overwhelmed the last few weeks. At the beginning of the month we had a lot of nights where it was 4-6 officers at peak hours dealing with the whole city which is why many nerfs to criminality probably occurred, but from my perspective is been heavily overcorrected to work against crims in a way that's become unfair in many situations. I hope to see changes along what you've suggested here.

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Something I have also been noticing is that with the amount of cops that are around on a regular even a traffic stop can have two or more cops because they seem to get bored and when stuff does happen and you can get to where you have the cops down or where the crims should be able to take control of a situation more cops just show up and if the crims are already hurt or low on supplies it doesn’t take much for the new cops on scene to take over and everything the crims were trying to accomplish is out the window because the situation completely changes and the crims are limited to a certain number of people that can be involved while the cops just keep coming.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...