Drug selling bike meta

Mefcy

Recently the new meta for crims selling drugs is staying on a bicycle/motorcycle/quad and going to local to local getting off and back on selling. As soon as the crim sees a cop they flee. 
Provides no RP for selling drugs with interaction between crims/cops. 

Drugs calls are one of my favorite to go to but this new meta just to avoid cops in any way is sort of like the jumping off the pier into the water. 
Avoiding RP at all cost is boring for cops and completely eliminates any RP for either side.
It is not just new players either it is well established gangs doing it too i have seen. 
Any suggestions to help better the interactions of selling drugs is appreciated.

• Like 4

This isn’t a “new” meta, it’s been around since selling to locals became a thing. In the beginning a still tried to engage with people doing it, but eventually i just shifted to if i see someone jump on a bike and ride away from a drug call I just ignore them. If they’re only it for the grind and not the RP then they’re not worth even engaging, it costs us nothing not to catch someone, from my experience there’s usually always enough people who don’t do this that I’m able to interact with.

• Like 2

I can see how its frustrating but its a legit strategy imo.  As above I think if its becoming a rampant problem then perhaps police need extended powers to combat the issue, but I don't think any server rulings need to be made.

I'd much rather someone zip off on a bike than turn around and mag dump me.

Perhaps a joint bcso/lspd cert for covert drug response where we don't stand out like crazy when trying to survey an area.  Having said that I've definitely just walked right up to people while they're still actively selling before lol

Edited by Brendan Thomson
  • Like 2

+1

I’ve sold like 1200 bags of meth in the last 4 days in the same area without any interference, or the need for a motor bike just literally find a good place to post up and your solid. People who use motor bikes at wits and it is unnecessary.

All you need is a solid plan and awareness of your surroundings of your area, the need to leave the area immediately after getting a rejection and riding into the sunset on a motorcycle is excessive over 35 units of drugs.

Of course PD can just make the punishments for drug selling harsher then a 2500$, and make Felony Evasion a more harsher crime.

3 hours ago, drgnchris said:

I don't think this is avoiding rp at the end of the day they are crims. This is the best way for them to do crim stuff without getting caught. 

It is 100% to avoid RP, the majority of time you can avoid getting caught by being smart or even talking your way out of it. Most criminals I catch selling drugs the first time I talk to them I’ll go with whatever story they try to sell. Hoping of a motorcycle at every local is similar to taking an unrealistic jump to evade police.

Slipping away on a bike from police in a vehicle is easy work yeah, but getting away from an officer also on a bike is difficult.  I feel like its kind of a rock paper scissors situation when you answer calls for possible dealing.  I dont feel that escape on a bike is ignoring RP. Mostly I cant find the logic in a career criminal hanging around for a conversation when they have something to possibly lose.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Richie Jax said:

It is 100% to avoid RP, the majority of time you can avoid getting caught by being smart or even talking your way out of it. Most criminals I catch selling drugs the first time I talk to them I’ll go with whatever story they try to sell. Hoping of a motorcycle at every local is similar to taking an unrealistic jump to evade police.

I disagree, There's no avoiding RP here at all.

And sticking around to talk to a cop seems Non-RP, if I seen a cop patrolling an area I was selling in I wouldn't stick around.

Hop on a bike, do the rounds in the area you seen bikes being used to sell. Motorcycles I can get behind being Non-RP, but a drug dealer on a bicycle being a scumbag harassing people is as RP as it gets in my opinion. Time to just switch up tactics, that's all.

Edited by Mars Chambers
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Mars Chambers said:

I disagree, There's no avoiding RP here at all.

And sticking around to talk to a cop seems Non-RP, if I seen a cop patrolling an area I was selling in I wouldn't stick around.

Hop on a bike, do the rounds in the area you seen bikes being used to sell. Motorcycles I can get behind being Non-RP, but a drug dealer on a bicycle being a scumbag harassing people is as RP as it gets in my opinion. Time to just switch up tactics, that's all.

Bicycles is fine, using motorcycles is to guarantee you never get caught and makes selling drugs completely risk free, which to me completely ruins the point of doing crime in an RP server unless you’re goal is only to grind for the money. 

1 hour ago, Richie Jax said:

Bicycles is fine, using motorcycles is to guarantee you never get caught and makes selling drugs completely risk free, which to me completely ruins the point of doing crime in an RP server unless you’re goal is only to grind for the money. 

I mean it's not risk free, a police officer could easily use their police bike for drug calls and match up the advantage. However the realism of a person using a motorcycle to go person to person is not there. That's why I agree it shouldn't be done. In terms of advantage though. Cops have way more of an advantage in almost every category. A crim doesn't necessarily know you're coming. But every-time that crim gets a rejection, you know their possible location etc. And it's not like you can mistake one of the locals in the area as the drug dealer, you'll always find the player doing the dealing so I wouldn't really call it risk free for them.

• Like 3

It's not even OP at all, its not that hard to combat. Its RP to not wanting to get caught, there shouldn't be any rule to this at all, no crim wants to be caught when doing something illegal, if you want to get caught then thats not really rp, theres no avoidance going on other than what a normal crim would do

• Like 2

as an avid BMX user drugs or not i think BMX bikes are a dope vibe but there should be some type of regulation

although 1 time on my bmx Sommerset rolled up on a Scorcher so i mean that could be a good strat for PD since those go faster than BMX and can jump still, yall got a police scorcher with lights afaik

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ImAtrix said:

as an avid BMX user drugs or not i think BMX bikes are a dope vibe but there should be some type of regulation

although 1 time on my bmx Sommerset rolled up on a Scorcher so i mean that could be a good strat for PD since those go faster than BMX and can jump still, yall got a police scorcher with lights afaik

We're talking about motorbikes, we don't mind people using cars, bicycles. Hell you wanna use a plane, go for it! (that's a joke, that's against server rules, don't do that)

• Haha 2

....You know, a very long time ago, this was still a thing. What i did (keeping in mind, things may have changed.)  ...UC? Roll up after a hand-off and taze/detain? it hasn't changed to my knowledge, just don't get spotted right away, park further away, roll up on foot. Be stealthy. It's part of being a cop. Sometimes, you need to catch people with their pants down. (And that's RP as a cop.) ...So i don't get it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

21 hours ago, Lion_Luke said:

We're talking about motorbikes, we don't mind people using cars, bicycles. Hell you wanna use a plane, go for it! (that's a joke, that's against server rules, don't do that)

well if its motornbikes i 100% agree tbh i dont use bikes just cause its too easy to get away from the cops and defo not fun for them

15 hours ago, Jeffrey Will said:

....You know, a very long time ago, this was still a thing. What i did (keeping in mind, things may have changed.)  ...UC? Roll up after a hand-off and taze/detain? it hasn't changed to my knowledge, just don't get spotted right away, park further away, roll up on foot. Be stealthy. It's part of being a cop. Sometimes, you need to catch people with their pants down. (And that's RP as a cop.) ...So i don't get it.

We DO NOT just roll up and immediately taze and detain, if this happening it should be reported. 

• Like 1