Newest Raid Discussion

UnknownRNGS

I always like having actual discussion after raids due to how much planning goes in from both sides. Any participants of the raid, officers, criminals, spectators, i would like this post to be a constructive space to put feedback so both sides can continue to have fun with these. 

I do want to thank everyone who helped make this happen from both sides, love yall. 

From the leader of 305, I think our biggest issue/complaint was the times we were given to be ready was between 7-9pm EST, and the raid started around 6:30pm EST. We barely had our last person in city before the shots started popping off. If there was a chance that the raid could have started earlier, the time frame should have been wider. Would much rather be ready for longer rather than being caught off guard with the early raid.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, jp9528 said:

From the leader of 305, I think our biggest issue/complaint was the times we were given to be ready was between 7-9pm EST, and the raid started around 6:30pm EST. We barely had our last person in city before the shots started popping off. If there was a chance that the raid could have started earlier, the time frame should have been wider. Would much rather be ready for longer rather than being caught off guard with the early raid.

this is something that we talked about on a PD side as well due to the raid starting around 20 minutes earlier than expected. Our original plans included deploying a few officers to a distant roof to stay quiet and hidden and they unfortunately starting taking fire and pushed leading to us pushing wayyy earlier than projected. 

Do apologize about that and will make sure to plan around that in the future with a proper time frame for you guys

I also could be wrong, but if officers used Air 1 to land on top of a roof that we have no access to, that seems a bit unfair. We can't use air vehicles because it's against the rules, wouldn't be fair for PD to use it against us in a raid. 

All in all, raid was great. WELL planned by SWAT/GTF and well executed. We had a blast!

1 minute ago, jp9528 said:

I also could be wrong, but if officers used Air 1 to land on top of a roof that we have no access to, that seems a bit unfair. We can't use air vehicles because it's against the rules, wouldn't be fair for PD to use it against us in a raid. 

All in all, raid was great. WELL planned by SWAT/GTF and well executed. We had a blast!

I will say that the one roof we landed on was fully accessible by the ground (you guys were on it). The only other vantage point that was used was the carpark. It is possible that you guys saw Air 1 land off scene just to watch what was happening after it was taken out of commission as it cant be repaired or used again by the same pilot on raids.

LSFD was really left in the dark for this one. I tried to reach out in character to talk to someone at MRPD about 30 minutes before things started, but had to chase someone down for half an idea of what was happening today. We weren't involved in any of the setup and we didn't get any info until about 10 minutes before things started popping off.

We were waiting at Pillbox for the go ahead to drive to the triage location when the first few officers went down and had to rush over to the location. I was also told to have us join a joint OPs channel, but was the only one on that channel. The first injured were moved and transported by police without any sort of heads up that we had injured incoming. It was a little hectic, but I think we were able to manage as things rolled in. However, there could have been so much more interdepartmental communication to get everyone included.

Edited by Yama
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, jp9528 said:

Are you talking about the initial landing in the beginning? That building has a Helipad on it and access from the ground to get over there. 

9 minutes ago, D E M 0 N XIII said:

I also have to say the comms from those that were downed instead of RPing injuries was also a bummer.
As well as Air 1's repair and coming back to the scene to open fire a second time. I guess I thought that once it was out, it was out.

air 1 left as soon as it started smoking, smoke = its out for the raid

On the PD side I really think it went well minus the operational speed bumps, I think we definitely dropped the ball on the processing of suspects and we need clearer guidelines because the kerfuffle at pillbox or when we have that many suspects it gets extemely confusing with evidence and processing which is no ones fault but ours.