My Suggestions

steamybuttnuts

Dear BadlandsRP Administration:

As far as gameplay goes, I for one would certainly appreciate seeing low income housing. This server has some great things about it: driving school, driver's and gun licenses, affordable yet slightly out of reach vehicles. Altogether it really gives you that grinding roleplay feel. Tying that together with a trashy apartment to live in would just be icing on the cake.

The jobs don't seem forced, which is great, however the selection is, to put it bluntly, lacking. I for one wouldn't know the first thing about job implementation, but drugs seem a bit too enticing. Perhaps a few more legal jobs would help balance that out.

In a few servers I've played on there has been a Department of Justice as well as public defender jobs. Oh to see my criminal character become a Saul Goodman-esce slimy lawyer. That would be the day.

I haven't many critiques, after all this server has little to complain about. Although... when it comes to weapons... I get that you don't want people running around with ARs and LMGs, but guns are a little hard to get anyways, including a license. Why not add a rifle or two, overprice the shit out of them, and boom! It leads us to my next suggestion.

Bank Robberies. I'd be surprised if this hasn't been said before. We don't have a lot of opportunities for RP as criminals. I mean sure you see the fellow drug runner every now and then and the cops show up pretty rarely, (Haven't seen them once,) but heists have been a big part of GTA Online, and I've seen quite a few other, less appealing servers with robbable banks. Indeed I believe this would be a superb addition, not only for RP for cops and robbers, but a great way to make some money, too.

Finally I'd like to point out one problem I have with the Justice System. It doesn't exist. You commit a crime, you do the time. It's really quite shallow. For such an in-depth game with so many options for RP and hours of fun, the game about being a criminal is sort of lacking when it comes to getting caught. It sorta makes me not want to get caught at all, therefore less RP for me, and I don't like that. It shouldn't be too hard to implement a court system. I for one would thoroughly enjoy having my buddies come pay my bail with our dirty money from selling meth, then being chased down by the police for ignoring my sepina. I know the LSPD wants that immediate satisfaction of booking the perp', but what's a little satisfaction of reading a malleable script over perhaps hours of RP gameplay all thanks to a bit of a Justice Department mechanic.

Like I said, I wouldn't know the first thing about implementation of these mechanics. However, I can offer my opinion. So here I am.

Regards,

Jesse

Edited by steamybuttnuts

6 hours ago, steamybuttnuts said:

but drugs seem a bit too enticing. Perhaps a few more legal jobs would help balance that out.

Well there are only 2 illegal drugs to do vs. 7/8(??) legal jobs seems more than balanced

Bank Robberies. I'd be surprised if this hasn't been said before. We don't have a lot of opportunities for RP as criminals.

Banks robberies is still in the works?? maybe??  but there are Store robberies that are there for the RP also robbing others for RP

Finally I'd like to point out one problem I have with the Justice System. It doesn't exist

Well this is a public server for one and its a light RP server as well with that being said since it's not whitelisted it would be a bit hard to get people on to do those specific jobs all the time but I get where you are going with it and this has been discussed before as well. Suspects that are arrested Can ask for a lawyer to help in there ticket and jail sentence so that is available. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thorgs said:

Well this is a public server for one and its a light RP server as well with that being said since it's not whitelisted it would be a bit hard to get people on to do those specific jobs all the time but I get where you are going with it and this has been discussed before as well. Suspects that are arrested Can ask for a lawyer to help in there ticket and jail sentence so that is available. 

To add on to this, a proper "justice system" doesn't make sense with our current punishment structure. This has been discussed a few times before, so you can probably find a full explanation by searching, but the short story is that our jail times are so short, and fines relatively low, that it wouldn't make sense.

Any court system would need to be implemented similar to other communities, where you can be issued a court date after you serve your time, and winning your case would grant you some kind of compensation. But again, for 30 minute max jail times, it's really not even worth it.

On 2/25/2018 at 11:14 AM, speed said:

But again, for 30 minute max jail times, it's really not even worth it.

It's worth it my eyes for a couple reasons. Namely: 

a) it adds a few whitelisted jobs (judge, prosecuting attorney, public defender)

b) it would be more interesting spending 30 minutes fighting my case rather than in jail

c) it helps delegate and separate RP responsibilities

d) you can always do it later, after convictions and even after jailtime, so as to not have criminals sitting around waiting for their court date with no punishment

On 2/25/2018 at 10:14 AM, speed said:

To add on to this, a proper "justice system" doesn't make sense with our current punishment structure. 

Well, maybe the issue here is people are not really suggesting something that would work for badlands..........Maybe instead shoot for a judge Judy type civil case aspect where civs can file civil lawsuits on other civs but not from a criminal aspect. Say I get into a wreck with somebody and then feel the need that my tiny pain in my neck is worth suing someone over 30k you instal a way to hold court with a judge and lawyers and no jury as a jury is not needed for a civil case... Using evidence provided and eyewitness testimony and cross-examinations. Say I was able to prove said accident caused myself enough mental distress to warrant the lawsuit of 30k.... I do a good job convincing the judge of my case and I have scammed my way into a settlement. You add some court fees and the ability for the judge to fine someone for being in contempt of court and I think this is a hotbed for good RP without going against the way our punishment structure is handled atm..... Also using this court to enact restraining orders or you know them newfangled divorces would be good as well. 

• Like 6

• 5 months later...
On 3/1/2018 at 11:52 PM, KotaJon91 said:

Well, maybe the issue here is people are not really suggesting something that would work for badlands..........Maybe instead shoot for a judge Judy type civil case aspect where civs can file civil lawsuits on other civs but not from a criminal aspect. Say I get into a wreck with somebody and then feel the need that my tiny pain in my neck is worth suing someone over 30k you instal a way to hold court with a judge and lawyers and no jury as a jury is not needed for a civil case... Using evidence provided and eyewitness testimony and cross-examinations. Say I was able to prove said accident caused myself enough mental distress to warrant the lawsuit of 30k.... I do a good job convincing the judge of my case and I have scammed my way into a settlement. You add some court fees and the ability for the judge to fine someone for being in contempt of court and I think this is a hotbed for good RP without going against the way our punishment structure is handled atm..... Also using this court to enact restraining orders or you know them newfangled divorces would be good as well. 

I still think this should be a thing. It'd be hard at first but I genuinely think it could work, makes some rules for it and it might just be something to look forward too!

On 2/25/2018 at 2:27 AM, steamybuttnuts said:

The jobs don't seem forced, which is great, however the selection is, to put it bluntly, lacking. I for one wouldn't know the first thing about job implementation, but drugs seem a bit too enticing. Perhaps a few more legal jobs would help balance that out.

Here's the issue.  Recently, drugs were give a bit of a buff to remain competitive and to have some risk/reward.  But it turns in to a vicious cycle.  So, drugs becomes the money maker.  So people complain that other jobs are lacking.  So then something else gets a buff then next thing you know everything is just getting inflated. 

I think the big thing that is missed is money making should be about the RP and be used to fund your RP.  You want to sell drugs?  How many drug dealers do you see zipping around on a crotch rocket? None. How many store robberies do you see happen with a get away car being a super car or a supped up import? None. I wish more people would stay true to their character instead of being focused on winning and making as much money as possible in the quickest amount of time possible.

Just remember there are a lot of things in motion.  Here in a couple of weeks, there will be some other jobs that will be more enticing and offer a wealth of RP with the change of some mechanics.

Great ideas, I know the admin team loves reading and seeing these suggestions.

• Like 1

On 8/7/2018 at 7:50 AM, Chase McCane (Fludiddy) said:

How many store robberies do you see happen with a get away car being a super car or a supped up import? None. I wish more people would stay true to their character instead of being focused on winning and making as much money as possible in the quickest amount of time possible.

One time I tried using my premiere for a store robbery. The cops were literally laughing because of how terrible the car is. No chance of things going your way if you aren't using a good car

19 minutes ago, Vdept said:

One time I tried using my premiere for a store robbery. The cops were literally laughing because of how terrible the car is. No chance of things going your way if you aren't using a good car

Once a robbed a store without any vehicle and RP'd my way out of it

• Like 2