The city's entrepreneurs, Index

Str84it

I am sure this subject has been touched but wanted to bring it to the surface again.

Lately I have encountered players taking it upon themselves to RP out a few businesses which I totally support, think it's great.
Ranging from self-improvement seminars to banks, agencies and service providers. 

I would like to give these projects and entrepreneurs  the chance to reach the community, to maximize their potential and for everyone to enjoy the RP.
I have seen people being creative with marketing but I would like to suggest some form business index.
Here people can promote their service,  business or project, or vice versa the community can discover what's available in the city.
The index wouldn't be used as an agenda but as advertisement.

In light of the work on the chamber of commerce, supply and demand can be met there.

I am more then willing to collect all the data and keep it up to date, put it in a fun, practical way available for the public.
But I would like to keep it within Badlands and the tools at our disposal. 

My question first would be, are you guys interested? :) If so read on.

How do we avoid businesses that become inactive still being on the list?
(I suggest a time frame of activity we set to players, once passed the list will be updated.)

How do we collect the data, transfer it into an easy tool for it's users?
(People can add their entry's either themselves or through a moderator)
(We could have space allocated for it on the forum, with an easy list to go through, where you're always max two clicks away from the info you need.)

How do we approach not so legal businesses?
(Good question, to me it seems they do not have a place there. You would not find an illegal arm's dealer on Craigslist. 
But nothing is stopping you from putting a legal business up, that's actually a front for other activities.)

If you need a service or product, find a contact, engage in some RP.
Business owner's share your creativity with the community.
And before we know it, an economy shapes itself, 
creating more possibilities for RP, personal achievement and fun making or spending money with others.

Edited by Str84it
  • Like 6

• Str84it changed the title to Business Index

I also support this idea. While it's quite easy to currently market, say, a self help program for other businesses/professions such as lawyers it's a lot more tricky and when you do find yourself needing a lawyer it's hard to find one. I feel that some sort of index would help people to showcase their businesses and that would probably inspire more people to create their own businesses etc

One way of doing it would be by just having a section on the forum, that way inactive businesses would get naturally buried by the other ads if they don't bump their thread.

• Like 4

• Str84it changed the title to The city's entrepreneurs, Index

Thanks for your feedback Mr Stacks! 

1 hour ago, Fat Stacks said:

One way of doing it would be by just having a section on the forum, that way inactive businesses would get naturally buried by the other ads if they don't bump their thread.

Bumping is a possibility, my concern is that if we are talking about a large number of active businesses,  people have to read down for a certain service.
Lose interest in doing so, so it becomes a bump fest.  A section in itself, where each business is a post which you can respond to if needed, is a possibility.
People will be inclined to check up on their ads/posts and be active on the forum while doing so.

I like to see it being really user friendly, people using tags in their posts helps. Search wise.
Might be a bit of work to tie it all together and present it in one frame, but that gives options to. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Storrent said:

Why not? I assume the server's laws follow the Constitution?

This is a light rp server, reading rights etc can be a lil intense. Not reading the rights does not effect the RP in any way and as Thorgs says a lawyer can still be present if the officer allows it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gambino said:

This is a light rp server, reading rights etc can be a lil intense. Not reading the rights does not effect the RP in any way and as Thorgs says a lawyer can still be present if the officer allows it. 

Alright. Either way, my point still stands, since people will not request a lawyer if they aren't aware that they could be allowed one.

On 3/19/2018 at 3:13 PM, Storrent said:

As a lawyer, I support this 100%. Convicts aren't often told their miranda rights, and even fewer actually request a lawyer. If we could get our firms out there, people can realize that we're an option, and we can finally get work.

I’ve seen a lot of adverts for lawyers on /tweet 

To get back to topic,

with the new politics running (i see quite a few peeps involved) I think again it would be great to have a place where people can promote their intentions and projects.
A one stop place for the community to be able to link up with all that's going on.

If this would get buried, I think there is enough interest, I will start collecting all this info and do it.
Our new bank in the city will be opening this week to, would like to be able to spread some info on that.
Would love to know who's doing what! :)

Want to put my shoulders under it and help everyone with their projects.
Providing even more scenarios for RP that  we can relate with.

So yeah, might start collecting all the info from the people that create activity in the city on different fields, bring it all together to discover.
Mayors running, services going, neighborhood watches being active, you name it... so we know who to contact!

Cheers for all the responses, in and out of the forum!
been great!

Edited by Str84it
  • Like 4