Neighborhood Watch Committee

errorlink

Was thinking about a BL Neighborhood Watch, basically people that help calm down situations. Admins can't always be on and sometimes fights aren't worth bugging them over if you can simply talk it out. This will NOT be a tattle group or anything like that. Simply a group of people that just try to keep peace in the city. The name is simply RP purposes. Another thing could be helping new players find there way in the city with helping explain rules and how to get started. Like I said, I don't want this to be a group of people spamming reports, the point is to minimize reports.  Also to note, the fights are ooc ones, RP ones of course aren't a threat. I mean situations like when people are clearly going at each other for something. Just a idea, by all means if Admins don't like it it's fine.

• Like 4

The issue with this is they either have to have administrative permissions of some sort, which would basically make them admins, or they'd just be ignored. The current staff probably won't like the first option since it's basically expanding the staff (which they don't seem to want to do right now), and the latter won't do anything. Posting in the help channels in Discord is your safest bet.

This is not at all needing admin powers or have any sort of a power image. It's simply talking to people to calm them down. Thinking that it needs to have powers is the opposite image of what I want and people that think of it in   that way would not be right for the title. It's simply a volunteer peace job. If people chose not to listen it's there choice. The people involved would simply disengage.

Edited by errorlink
  • Like 2

I think this is a fantastic idea.

Sometimes, the lines get a little blurry between IC and OOC, and it'd be good to have people willing to reach out and put things into perspective and calm things down.

I think it would be great for the entire city. Together, we can make this city great and welcoming. Instead of becoming a city, we can become a family.

I'm Brandon Sanchez and I approve this message.

#VoteForSanchez

• Like 4

I think Brandon would be a great person for this as well.

The fact you want to run for Mayor shows that you care more about this city as a community than a game.

That is the goal of this, yes we will be doing our RP as bad ass's still but we also have the want to keep this city 

as something everyone can enjoy!

• Like 2

I like the idea, but I'm not fully sure what you're requesting. Are you asking for this to become an official group? If so, how would it work?

As it stands, there's nothing stopping you guys from doing this. A few people (@Reggie Grey and @Lydia Norris for example) have already done a lot of this kind of work on the server by helping players that are dealing with problematic groups defuse the situation. Others like @Gary Taint Winthorpe have made a huge effort to take new players under their wing, which is also much appreciated.

I'd definitely like to see more people step up to this kind of stuff though. It's great for the community and much appreciated.

• Like 4

Was thinking an unofficial group but a official group could happen if Admins like the direction it goes.

Lydia and Reggie are wonderful when it comes to simmering down rough situations and I have them in mind for this.

I would like to also get a bunch of people together on this idea to fully form it which is why a post to get a general idea if anyone would be interested in it.

More brains coming together better then one!

• Like 2

Would suggest maybe having those secuicor w/e its called vehicles and outfits available to a whitelist faction? for this , i get its more work for admins and so , but perhaps make the Boss of securicor a non admin that the server trusts and let him recruit his own ranks? Basicly would be a security firm that would do what this thread suggests. Or  if thats not possible maybe you would all wear lets say ex:that vietnam helmet that says saving lives medic. just something to make look like a faction

Edited by Dars