Official Mayor Voting Thread

BrandonM

6Xtsn7H.png

Winner:

Mr. Brandon Sanchez

7cc2bd_a3469475f1fd49bb95606bbe470c4a42~

Mr. Sanchez's term will end on 4/30/2018.

Regulations for the Mayor position:

• The Mayor may not participate in any illegal activities. Any illegal activities performed by the mayor will result in the Mayor losing his office, and the city will run without a Mayor until the next election.

• The Mayor must make his or her best attempt to engage civilians at all times, in an effort to further RP.

• The Mayor should not drive his/herself around. Attempts to obtain a chauffeur should be made before driving/flying themselves.

• The Mayor must dress professionally at all times. If the event being attended is a casual affair, an attempt to look Mayoral should still be made.

• The Mayor may not attempt to push laws benefiting specific players while alienating others. All decisions must be made in the interest of the entire server, not towards a minority of players.

• The Mayor shall remain in character at all times while in the city.

• The Mayor will be required to be able to record at all times while on the server (replay buffer is acceptable.)

• All decisions of the mayor will be in request form to the federal government, whom can choose to accept or deny for any reason.

• Campaign promises are not guaranteed. If a Mayor candidate tells the voters that he/she will make sure they all have free Miniguns, just know that it’s not gonna happen.

• The Mayor can be impeached by the general population if a specific number of citizens submit a request for impeachment. These will be reviewed by the federal government to ensure fairness and eliminate collusion.

• The Mayor cannot and will not go on duty for the LSPD or LSFD during their term.

• All changes/suggestions from the Mayor to the federal government must be presented with valid reasons why it makes sense for those changes to be implemented.

• Under no circumstances can the Mayor use his position to directly benefit another player or group of players (i.e. getting one business raided by LSPD to benefit another)

• The Mayor's term will begin on the 1st of the month they have campaigned for and end on the last day of the month they campaigned for. No limit on re-elections at this time.

Edited by BrandonM
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, BrandonM said:

The Mayor cannot and will not go on duty for the LSPD or LSFD during their term.

Will the minimum shift requirements of LSFD get waived  for a memeber of the faction if they win this in the future? @Flori 

Edited by Richie Jackson
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Gambino said:

Where is Taint? 

Mr. Winthorpe has been reached out to for acceptance of the regulations, and has not confirmed at this time. As stated, other candidates can be added when they confirm their agreement to adhere to the regulations of the Office of Mayor. 

I'm very disappointed that polling has opened before all candidates can present their case for election, even if extra candidates are added to ballet box later on voters do not have the option to change their vote. This election is clearly rigged in favor of certain candidates. In future I would like to see a set date that candidates have to apply to be put on the ballet box.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Fat Stacks said:

I'm very disappointed that polling has opened before all candidates can present their case for election, even if extra candidates are added to ballet box later on voters do not have the option to change their vote. This election is clearly rigged in favor of certain candidates. In future I would like to see a set date that candidates have to apply to be put on the ballet box.

Voters should be able to change their votes, as far as I know.

21 minutes ago, BrandonM said:

Voters should be able to change their votes, as far as I know.

I cannot. Even if they could I still think it's still unfair since people may not come back to the ballet to check for new candidates etc

Edit: Changing votes is now fixed

Edited by Fat Stacks

Just now, Fat Stacks said:

I cannot. Even if they could I still think it's unfair since people may not come back to the ballet to check for new candidates etc

That's a fair point. I've reached out to the staff about being able to change votes, and I'll definitely take your concerns to heart for the next elections. However, I have reached out to everyone I've seen who has expressed interest publicly, and the candidates who have responded to me are listed in this thread. There's only so much I can do to get people to want to participate, and also give the general population time to see that voting is open and vote.  I've made it very, very clear in game that the polls would be opening exactly a week from the last day of the month, so I don't know how much more I can do, bud.

8 minutes ago, BrandonM said:

That's a fair point. I've reached out to the staff about being able to change votes, and I'll definitely take your concerns to heart for the next elections. However, I have reached out to everyone I've seen who has expressed interest publicly, and the candidates who have responded to me are listed in this thread. There's only so much I can do to get people to want to participate, and also give the general population time to see that voting is open and vote.  I've made it very, very clear in game that the polls would be opening exactly a week from the last day of the month, so I don't know how much more I can do, bud.

There should of been a pre-poll thread with where candidates can post their campaigns and with a set date for when the polls open. That way you could get an idea of all the candidates who are running, they have time to campaign and voters would be presented with all the candidates on the ballet box when it came to voting. That essentially how it works in real life.

• Like 1

Why is it for something to have been going on roughly 3 weeks and have only seen 2 candidates actively campaigning on both servers and forums, discord. Now I'm not sure how you figure it's rigged cause if it's you that's runing haven't seen a thing but if your talking about maybe 2 or 3 that threw up some poster on discord and nothing on the forums that the people in the 2 cities were supposed to take that seriously? Maybe they should have put in more leg work to show they or you was serious about running? Guess there is always next election if there serious.  Just my opinion 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• TiLLeR pinned this topic
  • speed unpinned and locked this topic