General Survey Survey

General Server Survey.

Please take this as an informational gather thread and not as complaint. THIS IS NOT IN ANY WAY ADMINISTERED MY A SERVER ADMINISTRATOR. I’d just like to see what everyone thinks about certain discussions that have been discussed within the server and in external channels. Now I do hope that maybe a server administrator noticed this thread and considers making a few changes according to how the majority feels. Thanks for reading this. If you’d like to make any responses after reading please provide the topic number and a response. (Example-“Topic 4[Response goes here]”).

Topic 1- Drug Efforts and Payouts

Many people have been very out spoken about the amount of dedication required to make money the illegal way. Mostly with the “Meth Drug Dealing” procedures and rewards.

Running Meth Requires a Meth Van estimated around 70K and a Kit estimated around 15K. The total expenses for that is around 90K-150K depending on if you purchased the raw supplies or simply spent your time and risked getting caught. The profit isn’t good when you compare these two things side by side. 150K</> expenses isn’t fair since you only get 25K-30K from 2hours worth of work. And that’s only if you don’t get caught. If you get caught you lose 30K worth of product and your Meth Van that’s worth around 70K. No Bueno!

Topic 2- Legal Mechanic Work

Although being a Mechanic may sound fun the pay rate isn’t good. Maybe if you didn’t have to buy the “Mechanic Kit” for 500 dollars each for three(3x500=1500K worth of expenses) you would make a bit more since repairing the windmills gives 1.5K if all three are completed. But hey maybe you’ll get lucky and get the satellites which pay 5K for all there.

Profit: Windmills- 1.5K Expenses+2.5K Repair Pay= 1K (most common)

Satellites-1.5K Expenses+ 5K = 3.5K (rare to get)

Topic 3- Hardened Criminal

Now for those who feel the need to rob a corner store but hate the risk vs. reward I’ve got something for you. Robbing a store requires you to wait 6minutes for 5K. By the end of those six minutes you already have two squad cars in the front of the store and a cop who is making you rethink your life choices, or in my case an EMS who is putting a band-aid on your 12gauge wound JJJ (love you too Johnny Chow hahaha). Maybe it would all be worth it if the take was bigger. Maybe like 15K or even 10K would be better. Just my two sense.

Topic 4- Honest Living

So there I am hunting out near the rivers and all of the sudden I get attacked by a Mountain Lion. Even worse it’s very late and no EMS is online. Luckily my Hunting Partner is here, but wait there’s nothing he can do. Maybe if he at least had a CPR License he could keep me from bleeding out until an EMS could log on and fully revived me. Whelp, instead I died and loss around 20K-30K. :/

Topic 5- How about an Air Job?

Have you guys ever wondered if the pilot’s license is worth spending 120K? Well not unless you’re bored and feel like wasting 120K. At this point it would be wise for the administrator to implement an Air Delivery Job or an actual pilot’s job that may include delivering things to different airports or transporting locals to other runways and airports. Just another thought to bring more life into the server.

Thanks for getting this far! If you have any comments or enjoyed this thread don’t forget to like and follow my account to stay in touch with any of my future threads. Thanks again and happy gaming at Badlands RP!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Topic 1 - Meth requires 2k to buy a mobile meth lab kit, not 15k. Assuming you can do multiple runs with one van and NOT get caught, it's an upfront cost of 65k for the van. After purchasing, it cost $650 to pull the vehicle out of the garage. $2,650 + free ephedrine after your initial van purchase price. Does it take time to gather? Yes. But if you have more than one person helping, the task is cut in half. And if you're smart, you'd ensure to have a get away plan in place. Maybe have a look out for cops coming? Is there a risk of getting caught while you cook? Again, yes. However, what can you do with an RV that you can't do when grow/processing weed?........You can drive away. It has wheels! Yay! If you choose to sit in one spot for the entire time it takes to cook meth and you get caught, frankly you were asking for it.

As for the payout. Yes it may take awhile to "pay off" the cost of the RV and start making full profit, but that's part of the deal. Nothing is instant. It all takes time. Know someone else with an RV? Maybe ask them to work with you and you guys can split the profit right down the middle while cutting cooking time in half. You can get a lot done and make a decent buck if you RP and work with others. It's been awhile since I've sold Meth, but I do believe it pretty much sells for the same as weed. The old system, meth sold for 150 per unit. I do think that should be the minimum a local buys from you when selling. Maybe 155-160 max. Just my opinion on it.

Topic 2 - I agree that windmills should have a higher payout. Or maybe up the ratio in which you get satellites. Or simply lower the price of the Mechanic Repair Kit.

Topic 3 - Robbing a store is meant for RP, not to be a cash grab. If you go into a robbery with a decent plan and RP it well, you could walk free EVEN sometimes with more money. Watch Tiller's stream from last night and you'll see this happen.

Topic 4 - Dying/going to the light is part of playing on the server. Get yourself in a dangerous situation and you get knocked down, you'll just have to go to the light. That's just the way it is.

Topic 5 - Speed has stated many times that he's trying to come up with a way to do air missions. He wants to stray away from the "copy/paste" point to point deliveries missions that you see on so many other servers. But if you have a pilots license.....why not make a business of your own? I own a 5 seater airplane and have taken people on tours of LS and got paid for doing so. Not every "job" has to be coded into the server for you to make money. It's an RP server, not a job simulation. Why not get the best of both worlds? You offer to give people rides, you get an interaction with other community members, and you get paid.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, NEONDEAGLE said:

General Server Survey.

Thought we get to take a Survey here? oh, wait this is basically all your post that you made before combined into one that we get to discuss them again sorry for being so blunt! but as Johnny has stated above a lot of your figures are wrong and some is for RP and some just like to have fun flying or skydiving its really a broken record but they do what they can with the time they have, NOTHING is a get rich job you have to put the time in and get out of it what you like or what makes you happy not everyone is in it here to get rich but to RP and have fun sure we all like nice things but you got to put the time in period. Jobs get tweaked over time nothing changes overnight 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Topic 1 - Drug prices have been a topic of debate from the second the selling method has changed. They need more data to make any changes.

Topic 2 - Agree with Holliday. Pay for legal jobs needs more attention than illegal jobs, honestly. Hell, we just need more legal jobs in general. Having four actual jobs kind of forces your hand into grinding gold or fishing or peaches.

Topic 3 - Get a couple hostages, demand $10k per hostage. Problem solved. You want more money? RP for it.

Topic 4 -

On 3/28/2018 at 4:53 PM, speed said:

No.

Topic 5 - People don't even do the current delivery job. Opening up someone to get a free plane to do deliveries just means people are going to join the server, grind for two hours, get a pilots license, and crash a plane into legion square. The reason planes are so expensive is because everyone wants one. They're endgame content as far as BLRP goes. 

3 minutes ago, BrandonM said:

Topic 3 - Get a couple hostages, demand $10k per hostage. Problem solved. You want more money? RP for it.

You are literally killing me.  No way 10k per hostages.  That will just create a kidnapping meta and be zero fun for anyone else involved.  Robbing is not for money making.

4 minutes ago, TiLLeR said:

You are literally killing me.  No way 10k per hostages.  That will just create a kidnapping meta and be zero fun for anyone else involved.  Robbing is not for money making.

That's not the point I was making. The point I'm making is that if you want to make more money from robberies, you're gonna have to create a reason to make more money from them.  You could demand a million bajillion dollars per hostage, it doesn't mean you're going to get it, same thing with $10k. Demands open up negotiation RP. If a player is putting together a concerted effort to draw out a robbery more than "get money and run out door," I'm personally gonna reward it.

And how are you gonna say no way to $10k per hostage when I literally watched you on stream give a robber $10k in exchange for a hostage?! :D:D:D

Edited by BrandonM
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, TiLLeR said:

2 hours ago, BrandonM said:

That's not the point I was making. The point I'm making is that if you want to make more money from robberies, you're gonna have to create a reason to make more money from them.  You could demand a million bajillion dollars per hostage, it doesn't mean you're going to get it, same thing with $10k. Demands open up negotiation RP. If a player is putting together a concerted effort to draw out a robbery more than "get money and run out door," I'm personally gonna reward it.

And how are you gonna say no way to $10k per hostage when I literally watched you on stream give a robber $10k in exchange for a hostage?! :D:D:D

He got chu there bud hahaha. I watched the same stream too.

• Like 1

Again, that demand is more to create RP of negotiating than actually getting $10k per hostage. Nothing about these should be "flat rate." Maybe $3k and a 30 second safe passage window. Maybe the robber will let the hostage go if the cops say "I'm a pretty little potato" and dance. The point is that it's up to the people involved to make the robbery more than what it is.

• Although I agree that the meth dealing job should be a little better rewarded due to the high risk, I lost 300 baggies myself, it is still profitable, with a down payment of 65k for the RV then about 3-3.5k for the kit, food, gas and to get it from the garage you will be able to make 30k+ in about 1 hour and 30 minutes. As a gold miner you could make around 17k+ every 50 minutes or so with a down payment of 19k for the cheapest van, as a trucker you can get around 20-25k per hour with a down payment of 120k. This payouts are the bare minimum you could make as a solo player, and all the legal jobs have some sort of risk to them too, like multiple people farming gold or you getting in an accident or whatnot as a trucker, this could make you earn less. Different types of jobs for different playstyles. 

• I agree, this was a bummer for me as well, maybe lowering the price of the Mechanic kit would do it. 

• It's a 24/7 after all... 

• I mean, getting that fucked up by a mountain lion in the middle of nowhere would pretty much kill you irl too, regardless if you have a friend with you or not. What I would like to see though is a little line that would warn new players about the consequences of respawing. 

• I think it's already in the making.   
  • Thanks 1