Search Warrant - Court house

Merr Khan

With the addition of the court house I can't see a better time to bring this up. I was thinking that maybe the court house could offer an Purchasable item call a "search warrant". To be obtained by an officer, and given to any owner or employee of an establishment or vehicle suspected of criminal activity. (Meth cooks, hostage reports, illegal biz drug sale reports, reported gang hideouts....)

This item or "search warrant" would be obtained by any officer from the Court house and brought on scene to be hand delivered to the owner in question. Especially when we are talking about a large accessible building, or areas. 

For example: If me and a couple guys are Rp'ing as guards at the human research center, Or as MP's on the military base, were we (by RP rules) would have authority of local police on base, could block entry and could request a "search warrant" at the gate before allowing police to enter unlawfully. 

Same thing for a meth RV, it would be cool to have it tow'd back to PD were a search warrant can then be obtained and given to the owner before searching the vehicle.

Item can be simple : "Search Warrant" and in the description - A warrant to search these premises - by order of Judge.... Serpico?   

• Like 2

I honestly only see this adding a lot of dead time to any interaction given the drive time to obtain the search warrant for very little additional RP value.  The only place I think it could come into play would be to get into a person residence if they were hiding in there or suspected of storing illegal activities.  In that case I'd want a lot more checks and balances in before giving a search warrent (something more than any officer could go purchase it).

I would suggest that with the court house and the inevitability of judges coming, the judges should be the ones to issue the search warrants, that way PD won’t have to drive a long way to get said warrant because they can just contact the judge through Discord. Also these warrants should only really be meant for raiding someone’s house or other larger scale things. Stuff like searching a person or their car on scene should be handled by the officer if they have probable cause or reasonable suspicion to do so.