Pre Launch Feedback/Suggestions/Bugs

Please post on this thread with anything you find thats broken, not working smoothly, could be improved etc. We are working hard to test all aspects and definitely appreciate the helping hand from the community in helping us improve. If you have a suggestion for something new (like a new job) then just make a new thread in this section. This temporary post is to hunt down all of the current problems and irregularities with the features.

Known Issues:

Unable to purchase ammo separately from a gun

Unable to transfer money to other players from bank

Hair being set to black everytime you join

Bank not functioning as intended - disabled for now

Unable to purchase ammo separately from a gun

Locking and unlocking vehicles needs a QOL update

• Like 1

Serpico  brought this up but I think it would be a great Idea to have numbers above the characters instead of the names.

Processing and selling gets bugged out at times and will only let you do several or once at a time. 

Job suggestions

Trash Man

Tow Truck Driver

Truck Driver and or delivery driver

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Thorgs said:

Maybe we could add a cocaine field, Diamond mine, 

Also maybe add more to the already fields we have cause they seem to deplete with more people getting in game

For the moment we will keep jobs limited, with a lower population during this inital testing there isnt as much risk when doing drug runs which means easy money. We want to try and limit bigger opportunities for other illegal (and thus more profitable) activities until we get steady population with better cop to player ratios. It is in the plans, just have to time it right!

I wonder if it's possible to have the refresh rate at gathering fields, or the size of a fields' inventory, scale with the size of the current server population? I’ve tried typing out and explaining my maths, but it keeps ending up as waaaay to long for anyone to give a heck about, let me know if scaling fields resources or refresh rates based on server population sounds interesting and I can mock up a spreadsheet with some example equations.

Also for medic/LSFD I know that the dev team has expressed they want the role to be more based on RP and that there shouldn't be a reward system for responding to calls. As a non-combative RP job though I feel this can get boring pretty quick and I think some kind of reward or skill system should be implemented; both for encouraging medics to play/respond to calls and to encourage the community to apply for the department. As for what the reward system would be I've had a few ideas: 

- the most obvious reward: cash bonus for completing a revive request. This is what I figured the devs want to shy away from though, just throwing it out there for the "duh" factor.

- Tiered Appraisal Response Incentive System (lol I just wanted it to be called TARDIS): In an effort to steer away from a completely monetized rewards system I think it would be interesting to give access to certain equipment/vehicles based on a medics response rate while they play. Assign medics a rank based on how well the respond to calls while they play, these ranks would then give access to perks and/or equipment/vehicles that make the job either easier or more entertaining. The incentives can be anything from new vehicles (such as an EMS motorbike) to more useless but fun perks like new EMS costumes or a water gun(you know, for fires).

The issue I’ve encountered personally playing medic, and wanting to stay on playing as medic, is that there is not too much motivating me to stay on and wait for people to need help. A lot of the time I feel like I’m sitting on my hands waiting for something to happen and just switch back to civ to make cash. It would feel much more appealing if I was trying to work towards a goal, whether its monetary or not. I’m huge into roleplay and I think that should be a huge part of playing medic, but I also want to feel as if I’m working towards a goal or accomplishing something while I play as medic.

Tl;dr Give medics (and I’d assume we don’t want to leave cops out) some incentives to respond to incidents, with a focus on tiered equipment access rather than monetary incentives. Also, water pistols and/or supersoakers because I love them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kimjungcool said:

- the most obvious reward: cash bonus for completing a revive request. This is what I figured the devs want to shy away from though, just throwing it out there for the "duh" factor.

So I don't think anyone is really opposed to offering rewards for completing a service as EMS/Fire/Police, we just want to make sure they have incentive to explore other areas of the game.

Altis Life, for example, has a major issue with medics just sticking to the default town because that's what makes them the most money. So we need to find a way to make it rewarding, but also so that these jobs are being used as a way to engage the community, not just for one person to make some money.

I definitely think a tiered system is something we can look at once we have a more steady player base, with people willing to commit to the role and the responsibilities that come with it.

• Like 1

One more thing that would be nice is if the garage/car market place had stats for the vehicles, such as top speed and inventory size. Right now it feels like a shot in the dark when purchasing vehicles and I'm typically going for the cheaper options since I'm unsure of the benefits of more expensive cars. 

• Like 1

tl;dr Save main menu position for Los Santos Customs menu when exiting the sub-menus, i.e. click into "Wheels" menu option and then back arrow out to the main menu again and be back on the "Wheels" option instead of back at the top of the menu.

An idea that @Chain mentioned last night as a QoL change that sounds really nice would be saving your position on the menu for Los Santos Customs. Currently when you back out of a sub menu into the main menu it resets your selection position to 1, i.e. begining of the list, instead of bringing you back at the position which you entered a sub-menu.

For instance, I want to change the colors of my car so I go down on the main menu to the "Repaint" option. Make my selections and now I'm ready to change my wheels, so I'll left arrow back to the main menu. When I left arrow back to the main menu it puts me back at the first option on the list and does not put me back at the menu position for "Repaint," which would be pretty convenient as the Wheels option isn't too far from there on the list. Instead I'm brought to the top and have to tap my down arrow key repeatedly until I'm back at the bottom option.

• 2 weeks later...

some suggestions:

/me and/or /do commands (im not sure if i just messed it up but i couldnt do it yesterday)

maybe when you spawn in, not being completely starved or thirsty

own businesses (for example, in my first server I owned the unicorn, and my name showed up under it)

hunting

black market guns (very expensive)

will edit to add more when i think of it

@ayayashalay there are some smgs at the pink gun store ;) keeping weapons limited for now just to see what people do as we add more things (gas station robberies etc). Dont want it to turn into gta online.

Businesses and hunting are on the list for post launch features. Once we crush this bug list down we can start adding more unique content.

I belive the hunger and thirst may have broken recently. We are investigating the cause. 

We havent added /me and /do because we would like people to use voice in combination with emotes instead. There are so many servers that are dependent on typing roleplay and we wanted to get away from that as best we could. This isnt a "we wont ever do it" but we want to see if success without typing is plausible.

• Like 2

On 04/07/2017 at 4:52 PM, RickLovesBacon said:

Serpico  brought this up but I think it would be a great Idea to have numbers above the characters instead of the names.

Processing and selling gets bugged out at times and will only let you do several or once at a time. 

Job suggestions

Trash Man

Tow Truck Driver

Truck Driver and or delivery driver

I agree with you on the numbers instead of the persons name. It kinda breaks the RP immersion if you already know their name.

As for processing and selling. I've noticed that if you park your meth van up against the Ephedrine. You're able to cook the meth AND harvest ephedrine at the same time, not sure if this is supposed to be possible. But I feel like it is kinda cheating considering you have to harvest marijuana, then process it at another place, you can't do both at the same time. (My suggestion for this is make it possible to where you can't harvest within a certain radius of the nudist colony.)

It's been three days with this fishing rod, it's crazy, I was abused, bullied, made fun of. But it's how I live now. With this fishing rod, together we are one. (Just a heads up, after fishing with the rod. It doesn't leave your side. :c - any way to fix currently or is it a bug idk?)

Edited by Syrant

4 minutes ago, SneakyAzShiite said:

@Syrant fishing rod getting stuck in hand is a known bug. Meth gathering and processing is an exploit and will result in a ban for anyone doing it.

Maybe an addition to the rules section on the forum with that may be helpful then :)

5 minutes ago, Syrant said:

Maybe an addition to the rules section on the forum with that may be helpful then :)

Falls under abusing gameplay mechanics. Its not feasible to write out every possible rule violation. It is the players responsibility to ensure that they are playing fairly. If its too good to be true then it probably is! :-p

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, Flori said:

Is it possible to see the amount of players on each server without having to disconnect to the lobby? maybe if we could see it on the website or something. Just a thought.

Make a new post about this. Going to kill this topic since things have changed from our FX transition