Stealing Police Cars -Suggestion as well-

Mobpii

I understand that some people want to break rules and want to just steal police cars for the fun of it. But in pefect RP scenarios it should be allowed. I've noticed that once you get in a cop car, the car automatically disables within 2 seconds. In reality there is nothing to detect someone elses hands in their cruiser and automatically disables. Cops should be given a button on their "keychain" where they have the ability to disable their car on their own vehicle but it has to have a specific radious. Once the criminal has successfully gotten far enough away the cop can not disable his car unless he is within that radious. Not being able to steal cop cars defeats a lot of RP scenarios. The officers on here are usually well coordinated and arrive on scenes with other officers within seconds so this wouldn't be that much of a problem. For example, I robbed a store with my buddy, the cops went around back and I ran out the front doors and got in the cops car as my only method of transportation as my buddy had already left, the car automatically got disabled after i drove it 2 meters. Then I'm screwed and arrested. That is ridiculous, there can be such great RP opportunities with this in the game. I was told they used to be able to steal cop cars a while back but that's all people did. Solution : make it a highly bannable offense for stealing cops cars with no RP reason. Brodcast some of your rules in chat every 5-10 minutes, and especially remind people that stealing cop cars without a good rp reason is a highly bannable offense. This makes it fair for us citizens as well. Things like this does happen in real life, most of the times don't get very far but it still initiates. Also a moderator should be hired who plays often and is well known by the community with trust, who can take care of situations like this.

PS: if their car gets stolen, that's their consequence of not taking the safety percaution of locking their vehicle.

Edited by Mobpii
  • Like 1

Way too easy to exploit the locking/unlocking mechanic. If you stand too close to a car when someone's trying to lock/unlock it, it won't and this was the cause of a lot of cop cars being stolen. This is why things where changed so that cop cars couldn't be stolen. Plus we had cops being held at gun point JUST so folks could steal their car. Not very fun for the cops, don't ya think?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AtomicGinger said:

Way too easy to exploit the locking/unlocking mechanic. If you stand too close to a car when someone's trying to lock/unlock it, it won't and this was the cause of a lot of cop cars being stolen. This is why things where changed so that cop cars couldn't be stolen. Plus we had cops being held at gun point JUST so folks could steal their car. Not very fun for the cops, don't ya think?

I respect that but more could be done to fix these problems. Like I said a broadcast, broadcasting some highly focused rules and notifying people that they are highly bannable, and fixing these plugins for the server such as unlocking and locking cars. 

3 minutes ago, AtomicGinger said:

Also what about drugs, drugs should be more of a value, mostly weed. There are so many legal jobs that give such a better payout than weed. Weed is very time consuming and not worth it to anyone especially when its over 30 minutes of growing for just 25 seeds, and not a good payout. More RP situations would occur with better payouts on that end as well, sure this is a known problem just thought I'd throw that out there.

4 hours ago, Mobpii said:

Also what about drugs, drugs should be more of a value, mostly weed. There are so many legal jobs that give such a better payout than weed. Weed is very time consuming and not worth it to anyone especially when its over 30 minutes of growing for just 25 seeds, and not a good payout. More RP situations would occur with better payouts on that end as well, sure this is a known problem just thought I'd throw that out there.

Drugs and illegal jobs not paying much has always made sense in my head in a role-play server. My character is not a criminal and she makes good money doing legal jobs and thats actually an RP choice that I'm happy I'm able to make. In other servers where drugs are the best form of money it was very hard trying to make money legally and therefore forced me to be a criminal. I think its a nice change that drugs is the role-play choice. And there is no role play scenario that I can think of that isn't already possible with low paying drugs. People still do it weather its a good payout or not. Might be nice to have them a little bit more balanced but I'm sure the admins have their reasons, as I am also sure they get complaints daily about the low price. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Mobpii said:

The drug system is relatively new, about 3 months ago it was nothing more than another peaches/gold, except illegal. The prices are still being fine tuned, and the developers are collecting data on every unit sold. Adjustments have been, and will be made, over time.

Edited by Storrent

10 hours ago, Mobpii said:

if their car gets stolen, that's their consequence of not taking the safety percaution of locking their vehicle.

This is an RP server what your also suggesting is GTA Online and its a bit unrealistic that Police/Ambulance getting stolen ALL the time and the reason they disabled it especially for the abuse of doing it and they dont need to spam the rules every 5 min because cause if you truly read them the first time why do they need to remind you and even the ones that do read the rules some no matter what break them anyway.

Also your drug suggestion im not gonna comment on since there are SO many threads about it you just need to search and find them and read whats already been posted about this.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Matttheman said:

Back when cop cars could get stolen there was no RP value what so ever. Still the same, Not many RP reasons to steal a cop car along with every time you pull up to a scene people try to get into your car, Drive it for 2 seconds and destroy it.

Yeah but thats the fun part. It pisses of the cop so bad. Its great. lol Just playing

Yeah Keeping the cars from not being able to be stolen is a good thing. Most of the time in RL cop cars can be left running with no keys in the ignition. Now not all cop cars do this, but it can be done and is done in some areas of the Country. 

• Like 1

On 6/26/2018 at 11:01 AM, Thorgs said:

This is an RP server what your also suggesting is GTA Online and its a bit unrealistic that Police/Ambulance getting stolen ALL the time and the reason they disabled it especially for the abuse of doing it and they dont need to spam the rules every 5 min because cause if you truly read them the first time why do they need to remind you and even the ones that do read the rules some no matter what break them anyway.

Also your drug suggestion im not gonna comment on since there are SO many threads about it you just need to search and find them and read whats already been posted about this.

Some people don't read rules, some people are new to RP. I know people that this is their first RP server. Yes most people read rules but I didn't mean a spam. Maybe like every 10 minutes it broadcasts 1 different rule. It may be annoying when people steal police cars but like I said, it really does happen in the real world but never ends up good. I just feel it's essential to have to do that in rare occasions, not just any though. But I do understand people have to ruin it for everyone.

Just now, Mobpii said:

Some people don't read rules, some people are new to RP. I know people that this is their first RP server. Yes most people read rules but I didn't mean a spam. Maybe like every 10 minutes it broadcasts 1 different rule. It may be annoying when people steal police cars but like I said, it really does happen in the real world but never ends up good. I just feel it's essential to have to do that in rare occasions, not just any though. But I do understand people have to ruin it for everyone.

We really dont need rule reminders, they would totally ruin the immersion, personally I mute OOC as I find that quite distracting. Idealistically stealing police cars could be cool for a select few scenarios. But back to reality, many times cop cars were stolen and paraded around until server restart. No quality of RP for cops or criminals.

• Like 1

Just now, Gambino said:

We really dont need rule reminders, they would totally ruin the immersion, personally I mute OOC as I find that quite distracting. Idealistically stealing police cars could be cool for a select few scenarios. But back to reality, many times cop cars were stolen and paraded around until server restart. No quality of RP for cops or criminals.

I guess, like I agree with it should be a thing and I don't. I'm 50/50 on it but there has to just be a way to control it. Or atleast should be changed that you can only drive it a certain distance or so until the keys connection disconnects.