What happened?

Victor

Hello friends,

Probably some have noticed I have been doing a lot of medic work lately few days and some probably have met my character Melina already. There are few things I have noticed during my EMS time with I would like to ask for community to take in consideration when facing injury and talking to EMS. I do not want to force this on anyone, as it is just small suggestion for you to consider if you wish so. First thing comes to my mind is that when as a police officer you tell EMS that its OK to treat patient, please describe shortly what happened if you seen it or aware of it. For example. "This man was shot, woman had a car accident, seatbelt". It would be helpful for me to start treatement. I have noticed that often civilians do that much more often, like injred persons friends who tell me quickly (or in SMS) and shortly what happened as I inspect their injured friends. I understand sometimes as officer you are busy and just dont have time. But if you do have time, it would help a lot.

This goes mostly to civilians. If you not in busy and want to roleplay. Challenge us. If you are able to speak, describe your pain, how do you feel, are you about to faint, you missing limb, mumble as in being unresponsive or in shock after major blood loss. Be creative. Though remember to keep it at least half realistic, like falling from bike on sideway does not mean your missing now limbs and entering shock because severe hemorrhage hehe. But jokes or funny one in million incidents are very fun aswell. Please also take into consideration that more severe injury, more likely you will need hospital ride because if you value your life, you dont refuse ride to hospital when you have 10 gunshot wounds in you.

Now I know that we all have things to do and friends waiting and criminals to catch so lastly I wish to ask for community that perhaps roleplaying your injuries in post accident and treatement can create more roleplay. Vast majority of players I met do roleplay for minute or two after I revive them that they just survived and feel are pain. But perhaps if you survived severe injury, your character would feel like shit for (ingame) day or two. It would create more roleplay as your friends might wonder what happened to your beautiful face and why are you keep complaining about backpain and you explain that you decided to inspect thurally highway asfalt cracks after speeding 150mph without seatbelt.

Thank you

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

This. I would love to see more of this around the server in all. I've come across a few people who hard roleplay out some injuries such as Bella Chase, Ren Yates, and Billy Bob Cletus. I'd love to see more in depth roleplay with patients instead of just bringing them up and they go about their business.

• Like 1

Well said Melina! 

I can agree with you regarding Police not providing any information at some cases and I can partly blame myself. I'm happy you posted this, because I wasn't aware of it until now. Now that I am aware, I'll be sure to provide additional insight upon EMS arrival. 

Great post.

• Like 2

Yes I would say it really depends on who is there. I myself try and help as much as I can, when EMS arrives. It's not all of PD who is not interested in helping as much as we can. It's something we discuss frequently in the PD meetings and I'll gladly bring it up again if this is becoming a pattern again. We do get new recruits and POs all the time and maybe some are not up to date in this regard. So thank you for bringing this up. 

• Like 1

I agree with allot of what is being said here. I think there is allot of us that do our best to bring a better experience to the players that want the RP. I think asking more questions or inspecting the situation more can make that much of a difference, but it also depends if the other person is wanting the RP. There is also many people that get nervous in situations and sometimes it just takes a bit of getting used to it, specially when they are new to either EMS or PD. I myself sometimes get a bit frozen and have to quickly think on my feet. I believe this is also why it is good to team up with others that have a bit more experience in the field and RP, helps the other improve and become better at their performance. We just have to be willing to help each-other in the end.

Thanks for bringing this up! 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Victor said:

First thing comes to my mind is that when as a police officer you tell EMS that its OK to treat patient, please describe shortly what happened if you seen it or aware of it. For example. "This man was shot, woman had a car accident, seatbelt". It would be helpful for me to start treatement. I have noticed that often civilians do that much more often, like injred persons friends who tell me quickly (or in SMS) and shortly what happened as I inspect their injured friends. I understand sometimes as officer you are busy and just dont have time. But if you do have time, it would help a lot.

When im on EMS i always ask the officers for a description of what happened, and as an officer i will describe injuries best i can. Remember, its a two way street.

• Like 1

On 6/29/2018 at 3:26 AM, Richie Ticky said:

When im on EMS i always ask the officers for a description of what happened, and as an officer i will describe injuries best i can. Remember, its a two way street.

Same. When PD is on scene I always ask for a quick brief, and PD has always complied.

@Flori and I had discussed doing joint LSFD and LSPD training some time ago to cover stuff like this.  I"ll follow up and see if we can get this on the calendar soon. 

Things I think we could train on:

1.  How to interact / communicate on hostile scenes

2.  How to transfer care from LSPD to LSFD when EMS arrives

3.  How to interact during certain scenes (hostage, threatening suicide, etc)

There's more but that's a start.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, TiLLeR said:

@Flori and I had discussed doing joint LSFD and LSPD training some time ago to cover stuff like this.  I"ll follow up and see if we can get this on the calendar soon. 

Things I think we could train on:

1.  How to interact / communicate on hostile scenes

2.  How to transfer care from LSPD to LSFD when EMS arrives

3.  How to interact during certain scenes (hostage, threatening suicide, etc)

There's more but that's a start.

love this idea.