New weapon disable perk - work on phone too?

11 hours ago, speed said:

Could be done, sure. But would it really help? Chances are if they’re going to meta to ask someone for help, they won’t stop with in-game mechanics. Discord, teamspeak, etc.

I get your argument behind this entirely, however I think this falls back on allowing it to be a feature, and simply putting in the "trust" system for good RP opportunities. I understand we can come back on that and say well then why have the feature if we put in the trust system to allow for the RP scenario, simply because I think we have enough good folks in the city to allow for the feature to be very useful. Another feature that would require hands to be up of course so its not abused by walking up to someone. 

Maybe a "Portable Cell Jammer", once activated all Phone Features are disabled, just like if a cop was to put handcuffs on someone, they can't use their cell phone. Its essentially a device that the kidnapper or aggressor connects to the cell phone which disables all cell signal on the phone. This can be put on a 15 minutes timer, that exact amount your only allowed to kidnap someone for. 

or maybe a "Cell Virus Stick", pretty much connects to the phone and corrupts the files that destroys the phone essentially. Have to bring to a store in order to Repair Cell.

Edit: These are items that have to be purchased at the Black Market of course. 

Just some thoughts.  

Edited by Drop