City Sanitation Job

Kota

I like the idea honestly, I mean it would be good to have it be a two person thing too. Gives people the ability to actually team up and work together, we need more of those jobs around. Get people to interact more with each-other rather than sit around solo collecting on their own, that can get boring and lonely real quick. :)

I have done this too in other cities, and it is a lot of fun driving a trash truck with a buddy, jumping off and grabbing trash, and going to next job. 

The way I did it with a partner is, the one who takes the job grabs the trash, and the partner just drives the truck, since the GPS will mark my next trash spot, it will show for my partner who is driving. So it doesn't require 2 or more people, you can do it slowly by yourself or team up, just makes it more fun. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Only thing I don't want to see more of is a bunch of power gamer's, like with the truck driving. 

Seems like the pay per/hr is balanced off of the way most players drive the trucks, max speed, & Follow no traffic laws. 

So to drive a truck and follow the speed limits & traffic laws makes it the worst paying job per/hr out there. Such a shame.

So with trash trucks, will the pay be based off of driving as fast as you can, ignoring all traffic laws from spot to spot? 

Or can we balance the pay based off of normal lawful driving, and ban those that exploit the income by power gaming? 

Maybe its time for a CDL licence that covers Tow trucks, Big Rigs, and potentially Trash trucks. And losing this lic would be extremely detrimental. ($50k)  

Edited by Merr Khan
  • Like 3

33 minutes ago, Merr Khan said:

So with trash trucks, will the pay be based off of driving as fast as you can, ignoring all traffic laws from spot to spot? 

Mhm.. Maybe an automatic ticket mechanic? Like if you burn a red -$150 on your run, speeding, etc. I don’t know how it could work, maybe its a lot of work for Serpico tho.

But I do like the idea, I already know who I’d see doing that job ?

Edited by Livia Ticky

18 minutes ago, Livia Ticky said:

Maybe an automatic ticket mechanic? Like if you burn a red -$150 on your run, speeding, etc. I don’t know how it could work, maybe its a lot of work for Serpico tho.

The community wants to keep things player based. Not an automatic system. For if you are paying a ticket for running a red light, you are "giving that money to the police department" not "some unknown alien lawful agency that no one knows about" if you wanna talk RP.

3 hours ago, Merr Khan said:

I have done this too in other cities, and it is a lot of fun driving a trash truck with a buddy, jumping off and grabbing trash, and going to next job. 

The way I did it with a partner is, the one who takes the job grabs the trash, and the partner just drives the truck, since the GPS will mark my next trash spot, it will show for my partner who is driving. So it doesn't require 2 or more people, you can do it slowly by yourself or team up, just makes it more fun. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Only thing I don't want to see more of is a bunch of power gamer's, like with the truck driving. 

Seems like the pay per/hr is balanced off of the way most players drive the trucks, max speed, & Follow no traffic laws. 

So to drive a truck and follow the speed limits & traffic laws makes it the worst paying job per/hr out there. Such a shame.

Or can we balance the pay based off of normal lawful driving, and ban those that exploit the income by power gaming? 

Maybe its time for a CDL licence that covers Tow trucks, Big Rigs, and potentially Trash trucks. And losing this lic would be extremely detrimental. ($50k)  

how about the police go and catch them then?

12 minutes ago, James Johnson said:

how about the police go and catch them then?

That's not his point his point is these guys don't care about RPing they care about driving as fast as they can with no care for there lives or others to make money fast.

1 hour ago, monk said:

That's not his point his point is these guys don't care about RPing they care about driving as fast as they can with no care for there lives or others to make money fast.

I see. I don't have this problem, I have no choice but to follow the speed limit because my particular semi is slow.

On 7/7/2018 at 12:49 PM, monk said:

As a truck driver myself, there is no RP in being a truck driver, which is part of the point some are making. Other than in the city, I don't follow any traffic laws when driving anything because there is no value in it, and it only makes my pay less. Let's be honest, the cops don't even follow them (and don't try to tell me otherwise, I watch a lot of streams).

So, to Merr's point, there needs to be a way to force these jobs to actually RP without the pay being punished. I've mentioned before for the trucking job that damage to your truck should be deducted from your pay when you reach the waypoint. There has to be something to hold the driver accountable or they will continue to drive like idiots. And they probably still would, but at least it would cost them money.

• Like 3

• 3 months later...