Police Handcuffs

3 minutes ago, NixonJones said:

Sorry, have you read the part of "You'll still be able to restrict the player's movement" for cases like those?

Irrelevant. If the default arrest allows for freedom to move, and the scene kicks off, its extremely disadvantageous for the officers involved.

10 minutes ago, Gambino said:

If the default arrest allows for freedom to move, and the scene kicks off, its extremely disadvantageous for the officers involved.

Wouldn't that happen in real life? Wouldn't the restrained suspect walk away if he had the chance to? Anyways it's over the Chief spoke.

11 hours ago, Merr Khan said:

I have been releasing the shackles a lot more now, due to the "put in vehicle" not working for so long. 

I liked the RP I get out of letting the suspect chose whether or not to cooperate after being arrested, and letting them walk to the car, and into the jail cell they want.

Maybe this server is ready for that level of trust. I mean really what can they do after being cuff'd and un-shackled, walk very slowly..... if they give you trouble then you shackle their legs, makes sense.

And would help with immersions a little bit too. 

So the thought I had is, if you cuff them from "hands up" it would be default un-shackled, cause the suspect is already showing some cooperation. 

But if they are handcuffed from the menu, say on the ground after being tased, it's shackles them too. 

hmmm... sounds to me like someone is trying to RP and not limit themselves by server mechanics... 

the more server side mechanics available the harder it is to have an interactive experience. I think what Merr is saying is a great way to look at it... think outside of the box during your interactions and try to be creative when it comes to items that are not in the game... if you can complete a whole interaction without saying a word then it limits your creativeness i feel. 

Just now, NixonJones said:

We are having a discussion, no need for trolls or gifs demeaning someone else's perspective. I would ask for you to delete that comment please. As I said, no one is attacking no one here, no need for that. Don't encourage it.

ok

the more server side mechanics available the harder it is to have an interactive experience.

Server side mechanics are mostly there to provide balance b/c this is really a game and we are trying to build an RP experience off it.

• Like 1

How I see it, if you want to have people not automatically shackled when cuffed then go the extra step and automatically do it for yourself.  I see both sides of this.  But for the most part, the more disruptive people, are the ones that always seem to have friends to either kidnap you or pick up their buddy (which come on, how does that offer up any kind of RP?).  I'm all for immersion but I think sometimes you just have to use the tools that we have and be more creative with them if that's the experience you want out of them.

Some people don't understand what I'm trying to have here, and those that don't, haven't had the experience of being a cop and don't know what our controls are. The main point of my suggestion is so that there are no weird glitchy animation when you instantly handcuff someone (ex. suspect teleports 3 feet onto the air and falls down like a block of ice). The reason why I'm suggesting this, is so that our roleplay looks as clean and mainly, as realistic as it can be. I understand this shouldn't be done because of menu lag that some people encounter, and I fully get that. This topic can be closed if keeps on bringing confusion to the community.