Drug sales in LS

2 hours ago, Merr Khan said:

The current meta that a lot of players are using to sell drugs is to stop at a person, attempt a sell, and if it is a rejection they flee to the other side of the map.

Even on the 1st rejection.

Doing this IMO is Power Gaming at its finest and a “Must Win Attitude”, which makes Criminal Vs. Cop RP unconducive.

After spending much time dealing drugs, interacting with other dealers. 

After staying put in an area, while cops go by, start to investigate, or even getting busted.   

My thought was to maybe add a reward based system, one that encourages players to hold down turf, and claim an area.

The city can be broken into sections or districts 4-5 of them. 

All sections are the same to start, no bonus, But  as long as you stay in the same section, were after you sell X amount of product, you start to get a bonus or higher chance to sell multiple bags.

Basically you start to see that your customs build a relationship with their drug dealer, and are more comfortable buying in bulk, or paying more cause the know the product is high quality…….  

So starting in one area or the other won’t matter, they all pay the same to start and go up the same amount. 

You can run all over the map, if you want to avoid all RP.   

But the players who stay to RP should get a little more reward for effort.

That's a neat idea, if I get rejected I normally just go up the road a bit maybe to the next open parking spot. So I'd be down to try that system.

• Like 1

A couple of more suggestions

• Instead of everything selling maybe there is a chance for successful sells also alerting the cops. Snitches getting mad at your dank weed or meth and being like fuck that guy and call the cops on you. 

• Also maybe the longer you stay in a district as Merr has outlined maybe it decreases the chance to have the police alerted over time.

• Also what if... Some locals got pissed at you for offering them drugs and pulled a gun or started to fight you? - They don't want you selling drugs on their terf sorta thing. Depending on the neighborhood you're deciding to deal in it could end pretty bad. Adding a bit of a random risk to the whole drug selling experience. 

Edited by KotaJon91
  • Like 9

Personally, I think it's a good idea, but I for one have had some negative RP interactions with cops lately and just want to avoid them... I mean, it's not all cops, some are awesome. But lately, if I get busted and I try to RP it out, I'm getting hit with max fines / jail time. Maybe it's just me, I don't know. Also, don't even try to request a lawyer, that just pisses them off further so I won't be doing that again. Definitely don't want to start any drama, just thinking about looking at it from both sides too. If we want to encourage more interaction with the cops, the cops need to also encourage some better interactions than what they are giving lately (at least to me.) Just my 2 cents.

7 hours ago, Kaylynn Sanchez said:

If we want to encourage more interaction with the cops, the cops need to also encourage some better interactions than what they are giving lately (at least to me.) Just my 2 cents.

This issue, has been brought up by 100's of players, has been talked about by Sr. police staff, and was addressed in a recent police department meeting (yesterday), and hopefully the civilian population will start to see a different light shined on criminals by the police.  1 thing to remember is that Officers are RP'ing as Cops, and to take a Tough or Lax stance on crime is their choice. 

Remember that there is no rule forcing an officer to give a reduction in charges, or approve a Lawyer, It is the officers discretion. So make sure you do your best to convince the officer that you deserve one. Remember Lawyers are only for Felony charges.  

However if you feel like you are being treated un-fairly, by 1 or more officers, (including not being rewarded for A+ RP), please file an IA report, these are not meant to get officers in trouble or fired, more meant as a means for corrective training, and lets the Sr. police know of any issues the department (as a whole) are having. 

• Like 3

We should also remember as cops that it's not illegal for someone to express their anger/frustration. People are not breaking a law by acting like an asshole (as long as that blurred line isn't being cross). Even if we hate it, they're choosing to go this route. It just means if they don't ease up on it when we try to work with them on the fines, that we then don't need to waste our time trying to convince them to behave differently. We don't have to put effort in negotiating.

I just worry a lot of times that cops preemptively go into a situation with a chip on their shoulder or a lack of patience as of late. Things need to be done, but we really don't need to be racking on the fines to someone who is clearly RP'ing... Max sentence/fines when someone is trying to RP with you is so counter-intuitive. Then no one would want to RP as a criminal and our job as cops in this FiveM world would be null.

I personally am very discouraged in RP'ing in some kind of crime. From being shot -> sitting in a police car amounting to an hour's time, to hear that I might still do prison time, along with potential fees... How discouraging. It makes me want to shoot all the cops instead and flee, to avoid this kind of experience. But isn't that the opposite of what we want?

Edited by Serena
  • Like 2