Cannabis Nerf + Legalization

Crunzch

In the state of California which our city depicts, Cannabis is legal to produce with a certain license. I suggest that we offer a license for a couple thousand in-game currency that people can purchase so they're legally able to produce and sell cannabis to a certain merchant. The amount money of which cannabis returns can be nerfed so it is balanced with other jobs. This could save resources of Police so they can do other stuff in-game, and offer a new way for new players to make money.

A lot of how police do their jobs compared to EMS for example is, EMS have to wait for their callouts, whereas the PD can sorta look for them themselves. This is a part of that, being able to go to the weed fields and look for these people who are growing. It also adds a sense of excitement, risk and urgency to growing and selling, which keeps players on their toes and allows them to enjoy the game a little more. People have the option to make money legally and illegally, and when they do it illegally, they know full well that there's more legal, boring ways to make more money quicker, but they choose the illegal route instead, and that's just their characters. Or it's what they feel like doing at that time. Either way, it's a good way for people to enjoy the many risks that Badlands offers to its players. I think legalizing weed is not a great idea for this reason - you've gotta keep some kind of interaction between the police and the players, if we made those interactions disappear, we might soon run out of reasons for the police to interact with the population other than traffic violations.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Jessie Cooper said:

what if we made it so it was legal but can only have 10-15 and have a legal sell market for less or you can sell to npcs like now but you get more? 

To me it sounds like you've just been caught growing. You need to realise that there's better, legal ways to make money so why would anyone do weed in the first place? Because of the fun and the RP of it. If we remove that, we're making weed a redundant feature.

39 minutes ago, Kvatch said:

A lot of how police do their jobs compared to EMS for example is, EMS have to wait for their callouts, whereas the PD can sorta look for them themselves. This is a part of that, being able to go to the weed fields and look for these people who are growing. It also adds a sense of excitement, risk and urgency to growing and selling, which keeps players on their toes and allows them to enjoy the game a little more. People have the option to make money legally and illegally, and when they do it illegally, they know full well that there's more legal, boring ways to make more money quicker, but they choose the illegal route instead, and that's just their characters. Or it's what they feel like doing at that time. Either way, it's a good way for people to enjoy the many risks that Badlands offers to its players. I think legalizing weed is not a great idea for this reason - you've gotta keep some kind of interaction between the police and the players, if we made those interactions disappear, we might soon run out of reasons for the police to interact with the population other than traffic violations.

Yeah I was saying that we still need illegal interactions but, that is with Meth, and Cocaine(soon to come I believe). Those drugs will still return a significant profit margin so there is still use to do and sell them, that gives cops stuff to do. Which is why I'm saying that legalizing selling/producing cannabis with a pricey license would be better, you can still do it illegally without a license but there is still that risk.

Edited by Crunzch

Legal activities: Fishing /gold mining/ peach selling/ hunting/ delivery's/ trucking/ satellite repair / taxi driver/ ems / police / scuba diving / plane missions/ 

Illegal activities: meth / weed / store robbery.

do we really need  to make weed legal? i mean ...^^^^

Edited by Dars
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Dars said:

Legal activities: Fishing /gold mining/ peach selling/ hunting/ delivery's/ trucking/ satellite repair / taxi driver/ ems / police / scuba diving / plane missions/ 

Illegal activities: meth / weed / store robbery.

do we really need  to make weed legal? i mean ...^^^^

agreed

Only medical use is legal in my state, recreational is not legal here in Florida. Therefore I enjoy busting people with marijuanas in my opinion, maybe in the future if there was some sort of legal medical card and growing card to have a certain amount in your possession, and you can open a business and sell legally (Like a dispensary) but only selling to locals, maybe that would be cool.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Alternative medicine are more accepted now a days due to it's promising results unlike pharmaceutical medicine, alternative medicine don't give negative effect such as kidney and liver problems when it comes to long term use. As for my alternative medicine usage, I use medical marijuana. Different strain has a variety of uses and effect depending on your needs. You may check this https://www.gyo.green/the-cali-connection-sfv-og-kush-con-sfv-f.html

• 3 weeks later...

I think it would be kind of cool to have weed as legal and illegal if thats possible. 

For example the weed stays the same as it is currently, illegal sell it on the street etc...

But you also could make a license for it. Produce it legally and sell it at a hospital or something for a lower price than street value. Having a licence would make it legal to have a certain amount on you for personal use as well. Especially since pills are addictive now

• Like 1

I agree with Kilo, I think it should remain illegal considering the amount of illegal jobs we have.

However I do see a lot of requests to make it legal, so I think there should be a compromise.

Maybe decriminalize it? so production, distribution and possession of 5+ joints (intent to distribute) would still be illegal, but having 4 or less on you (personal amount) would be legal.

Already do that, but would be nice if it were made an actual SOP though. Another barrier for robo-cops.

18 hours ago, beardshot said:

But you also could make a license for it. Produce it legally and sell it at a hospital or something for a lower price than street value. Having a licence would make it legal to have a certain amount on you for personal use as well. Especially since pills are addictive now

Can almost guarantee it will not ever sell on the streets everyone will sell to the hospital since growth is unlimited as long as u have seeds. 

55 minutes ago, Thorgs said:

Can almost guarantee it will not ever sell on the streets everyone will sell to the hospital since growth is unlimited as long as u have seeds. 

You can prevent it from being abused easy just by implementing it into deliveries or something like that. That way people cant just go make 200+ joints/buds and go turn them in like wine.

• Like 1